Clearcover Insurance Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 10 reviews

5.0
Clearcover Insurance Agency CEO Kyle Nakatsuji
Kyle Nakatsuji
  1. "Couldn't Recommend Enough"

Current Employee - Sales and Service Operations Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clearcover Insurance Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

The People Company Culture Growth and Outlook I've worked at quite a few companies in the last few years and Clearcover is by far the best work environment I've been a part of. I've seen the company grow in the last year from thirty people to over one hundred and we're growing still. The culture is phenomenal and senior leadership makes a point to keep it intact as we grow. Rarely do you find a company where... you're happy to show up to work each day and see your coworkers. That's what Clearcover is.

Cons

Possibly too many systems in use across the company, things could be simplified in that sense. While some systems can be buggy, you'd be hard pressed to find a company where that wasn't the case.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Trust and empower your employees to get the job done and do what's right.

Clearcover Insurance Agency2019-10-08

October 10, 2019People Team at Clearcover

We are so glad to hear you love coming to work every day and the people make it so great. Having multiple systems can be tedious and we are working to simplify them. Thank you for sharing this great feedback!

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Run by intelligent people with strong vision and goals

Cons

Big goals may be a con to some

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Clearcover Insurance Agency2019-08-29

September 11, 2019People Team at Clearcover

We do have some big goals! We appreciate your great feedback and will keep on making coming to work better-er.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great Leadership, Vision, Culture, and Benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Clearcover has a great leadership team that I really believe in. We know what we need to do as a company in order to be successful in this industry. The culture is evolving in a positive way with our growth. That is not always the case at companies with fast growth. The benefits at Clearcover are the some of the best, I'm happy with all our benefit options!

Cons

As a fast-paced startup, things shift and change quickly. There may be a few things that slip through the cracks and this could be frustrating and overwhelming to some.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent and open.

Clearcover Insurance Agency2019-08-15

September 11, 2019People Team at Clearcover

We know with growing it can diminish the culture but so happy to hear that it is positively evolving with us. We encourage all our employees to invest in understanding and to ask questions when they are feeling frustrated or overwhelmed. Thanks for your great comments on working at Clearcover, we appreciate you!

"Amazing Culture and Benefits"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Clearcover Insurance Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working here for a few months now and am blown away at the strengths this company has. This is a company that really cares about its employees and its success and gives care to both. They hire people who fit well with the culture and have the right values, and that also will help it succeed. People that have been working here for longer have told me that a company like this is rare and I agree.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Try to maintain the value given to culture as we grow!

Clearcover Insurance Agency2019-07-17

July 22, 2019Social Media Manager

Thank you so much for such a positive review. We truly care about our people and strive to empower others to succeed in their role. Maintaining our culture is also important to us as we grow!

"Innovative Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

I have been with Clearcover several months now and have been amazed by this innovative company disrupting the auto insurance industry. While going through the interview process I did my research on all the available online articles/interviews/videos related to Clearcover to get a sense of what the company was all about, what they want to achieve, and of course what it would be like to work there - all turned out to... be genuine and spot on to Clearcover life. You'll find super talented individuals across all areas of the company (without inflated egos). They offer flexible working hours and actively provide education around all functions of the business.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but Clearcover is very outcome focussed. The CEO and other senior leaders are very candid when they are missing the mark on objectives - and you are expected to do the same. If you are uncomfortable with communicating when things are not going as planned or sweeping issues under the rug unnoticed, then you might have a tough go of it.

Advice to Management

Just preserve the unique culture that has been established as we rapidly expand with our success.

Clearcover Insurance Agency2019-03-08

September 11, 2019People Team at Clearcover

This is great to hear this feedback! Our team is what truly makes Clearcover so wonderful. We seek accountability and always look for opportunities to take ownership of our outcomes, even if they are shortcomings. Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive outlook on Clearcover, we really appreciate it!

"Awesome Recruitment And Hiring Experience"

Current Employee - Insurance Product Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Clearcover offers a wonderful work environment with a great group of people who are anxious to make newcomers feel welcome. I appreciated the transparency during the recruitment and hiring process that is often lacking at larger companies.

Cons

At this time, I have to say there are really no cons to working at Clearcover. This was the best decision I ever made.

Advice to Management

As the numbers continue to grow, please keep the warm, welcoming atmosphere that makes Clearcover so unique.

Clearcover Insurance Agency2019-03-04

September 11, 2019People Team at Clearcover

We are happy to hear you had such a great welcome from our team. Our onboarding process is very important to us and will continue to make sure it grows along with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

"A fast paced startup thats primed to disrupt the insurance industry"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

- Work with other engineers that are smart and can communicate effectively. - Impactful work built on the premise of helping customers save money. - Solving unique architectural problems in an age-old industry. - A pretty badass culture built on thoroughly thought out core values. - Smart industry veterans leading the way, who genuinely care about their employees. - An awesome office manager.

Cons

- A startup can be volatile; make sure it's a right fit for you. This is a pro for me. - You will be asked to wear multiple hats sometimes. - Work/Life balance is tricky with startups and clearcover is no exception. the workload has its ebbs and flows, and you have to be ready for it.

Advice to Management

- Continue keeping things transparent to the company. - Never lose the trust of the employees and take care of them, because they will take care of your customers.

Clearcover Insurance Agency2018-04-27

September 11, 2019People Team at Clearcover

Thanks for this postive review! We hope that we can continue to provide such a wonderful work life for all our employees. We strive to execute with urgency and focus which can at times requiring wearing multiple hats. We truly about our employees and will continue to be honest with ourselves and our team. Thank you for leaving your positive review and we hope that your experience is still going great!

"Customer Advocate"

I have been working at Clearcover Insurance Agency full-time

Pros

Being fresh out of college, my main goal for a job was to learn, challenge myself, and to enjoy the people I’m working with. I got everything on my list when I started working for Clearcover. Despite being new, I’ve never felt like my opinion isn’t being taken seriously. I’ve seen suggestions that I make get put into play at a high-level. If there is something I am unsure about or I need help with an issue that... I’m working, there is always someone I can go to who will drop everything to assist. The moment I step into work, I get this overwhelming sense of energy from the office. I am the average of the people I work with and every day, I am getting better-er (one of our core values is “be better-er”). At the same time, everyone here has an amazing amount of focus. When there is an issue, we work together as a team to solve the problem. We don’t play the blame game, we solve the problem and learn from our mistakes. Then, we have fun for a bit and get ready to tackle the next problem. I always tell people how lucky I am to work here, but it’s hard to put just how lucky into words.

Cons

Nothing, it's a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep being open with us. It makes things easier.

Clearcover Insurance Agency2018-03-07

September 11, 2019People Team at Clearcover

Wow, thank you for sharing this awesome review of what it is like work at Clearcover. We hope your sentiment still holds true or you feel even "better-er" over a year later. We are always striving towards making all our employees feel valued despite their age or job experience. We will continue to be honest with ourselves and our team and to seek accountability. We really appreciate your feedback!

"Challenging, Fulfilling and Fun!"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

Pros

The people and the overall atmosphere is what makes Clearcover so great. Leadership is transparent about company status and communicating our path to success while still cultivating a light-hearted atmosphere that encourages a sense of humor. Everyone's opinion is respected and heard. The technology and product work is pretty inspiring and it feels good to help people save money on something they're required to buy.

Cons

Conference room booking can sometimes be disorganized.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing & stay customer-focused!

Clearcover Insurance Agency2018-02-26

September 11, 2019People Team at Clearcover

Thanks for leaving this great feedback! Since leaving your review, we have moved offices and believe that there is now a better experience for our employees when booking meeting rooms. We hope you are still having a positive experience working at Clearcover and will continue to be better-er!

"Great Place"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Everyone is so knowledgeable about their area of work. We get to learn every day on the job while creating a great product truly built for customers.

Cons

I don't have any cons with Clearcover.

Clearcover Insurance Agency2018-02-07

September 11, 2019People Team at Clearcover

Thanks for sharing your review! We hope that your experience at Clearcover continues to be positive.

Found 10 reviews