Clearleap Reviews | Glassdoor

Braxton Jarratt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good shop"

I worked at Clearleap full-time

Pros

Good people. Lots to work on. Ability to be highly visible

Cons

requirement creep. pressure to hit unrealistic deadlines

2. "Great company with modern twist"

I have been working at Clearleap full-time

Pros

Google type environment; Great benefits; Management is great and very understanding

Cons

Work and life balance can be a bit rough when being on call. I believe if they hired more people this would remedy this issue.

"Caveat Emptor!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Clearleap (More than 3 years)

Pros

For the most part the people that work here are great. Snacks are a plus, and the break area is pretty relaxing. We have a gym that does have all you need to get a good work out in. We are a IBM owned company.

PTO is a BIG plus....if you can use it.

Cons

If you've ever dreamed of revisiting junior high, and indulging in divisive, exclusionary behavior, this just might be the company for you!

Chances are, you're the red-headed stepchild.

Morale is just dwindling, people are stressed, and over-worked. Some of the folks in management are clueless and somewhat distant.

Some people have this idea that they are smarter then others, especially in meetings, which can be somewhat discouraging and frustrating. At times even disrespectful.

Hours can be long which can hinder work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Connect with your teams, and truly please listen to them. Alot of folks have left because of the fact that we are often overworked, underpaid, unappreciated, and some of the leadership is truly worthless.

"Just don't."

I have been working at Clearleap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Snacks. *Some* great people (but you can find that just about anywhere). Free alcohol. Somewhat relaxed environment (until it's crunch time). Work from home one day a week.

Cons

Don't fall for the trap. No, I'm not a disgruntled employee, but I'm also not a doting cheerleader like several of the positive reviews (especially recent ones). I'll keep this brief.

- Over promising and under delivering, both to its own people and to clients... but especially to its own people. The general lack of honesty shows a lack of caring for your people. Don't give people the runaround, or make promises you can't deliver on.

- There is absolutely a "good Ole boys" club, and each person in that group has a some cheerleaders/groupies. Much like the people of North Korea, they don't even realize that their glorious leader is their own oppressor.

- Communication is lacking, and what *little* (seriously I can't emphasize little enough) process there is goes out the window if a client sneezes. So if you're a client of Clearleap, seriously keep poking the hive. It will wring honey out of the cold dead corpses of its workers if it means you'll be happy.

- HR doesn't do much or really get involved other than onboarding, or to reply to negative Glassdoor reviews (oh also if anyone important is coming around the office they have to go yell at people). Much like Ranger Smith should put down Yogi for not being afraid of humans, they should be cutting off the usual HR problems BEFORE they start stealing the pickanick baskets!

- Doesn't pay terribly well, and overtime is expected (and not really appreciated). There's another North Korea reference in there somewhere.

- A large portion of management is out of touch. They've lost the human element, and care more for their bonuses that only they get.

- Due to most of the above, morale is waning. People are being worn down. And (here it comes) much like North Korea, the beatings will continue until morale improves.

TL;DR- There is a sweet facade over a sour interior. Don't fall for it. The company doesn't really value its people... just how much it can squeeze out of them for as little money as possible (yes that's a lot of companies, but they're generally more humane about it).

Advice to Management

To the CEO and board of directors: be more involved. You really need to clean house. There's better management personnel out there. You have some good people and a decent product if managed right. Remember to reward your people for good work with more than a pat on the back.

5. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Clearleap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working on video technology which is interesting, challenging and fun.
    Great people - smart, dedicated, friendly
    Small company so your contribution is really visible
    Learning every day
    Great culture - relaxed but hard working
    flexible hours

Cons

the office is in Duluth

Advice to Management

maintain the focus on keeping customers and employees happy

"Very happy to be working at Clearleap!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Pros

People here are great!! Everybody here is always willing to help out. The hours can be long sometimes but when you enjoy your job, this isn't a problem, the job is great! (Sometimes it can be a little frustrating but it can be like that anywhere you work, so I am glad I work here) I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever actually enjoyed going to work!! and no I am not one of the "good ole boys" someone referenced....not sure what that person was talking about. The commute isn't bad at all and I LOVE the fact that I don't have to drive to downtown Atlanta everyday. The perks are AWESOME and yes there is a pub but there are NOT a bunch of drunks running around everyday. We may not dress professional, but we are definitely professional with our customers.

Cons

There are NO cons working at Clearleap!!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!!

"Excellent company to work for"

Former Employee - Quality Control Specialist in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Quality Control Specialist in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Clearleap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management team was a pleasure to work for. The atmosphere was laid back and productivity was held to an important standard due to the nature of the work. The overall environment of the company was excellent.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say from my time of employment at this company. The company had a great work environment that I hope can be replicated at future jobs.

Advice to Management

if the current management is the same as when I worked there, keep doing what you are doing. The atmosphere you promote created a comfortable working environment where I could be productive and yield results.

8. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Duluth, GA

Pros

Work Life balance
    Enough Leaves
    Excellent Management

Cons

Small team size, not enough opportunities to explore

"Just getting by"

Pros

Great benefits. Free food. Open and relaxed work environment. Ping pong table, Gym. Friendly people and great possible opportunities. Company stock opportunities.

Cons

Salary freeze. Not sure of current state of the company. No 401K matching. Possible On call situations

"Fun company that's successfully making the jump from startup to medium-sized"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Minimal bureaucracy
    - Smart coworkers
    - Nice new office
    - We have our own pub - it's nice to work through a problem over a beer
    - Reasonable expectations for work hours
    - Mostly good communication about the company and where we're going from the exec level
    - Weekly free lunch gives us a chance to catch up with coworkers in other groups

Cons

- Lots of technical debt to catch up on
    - Still dragging a few people into a more modern approach to architecture/development
    - Hiring is mostly frozen, which makes moving forward with new things challenging
    - Plan changes at the exec level sometimes don't get communicated down effectively/quickly

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with the troops.

Clearleap Response

Jan 7, 2015 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback! We also believe that communication is a key component of success, and we're working to improve our internal communication practices in 2015.