Clearlink Reviews | Glassdoor

Clearlink CEO Phil Hansen
Phil Hansen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They type of flexible and always changing structure can be hard to handle for those used to a more strict call center environment (in 17 reviews)

• attendance policy, upper management started treating employees like numbers (in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work."

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is great, a lot of energy. casual, non-strict dress code. Coaches are there to help you out and make sure you are succeeding. Super flexible and understanding as long as you talk to them in advance about your schedule.

Cons

Comp structure does change frequently so you may have to hit higher sales per week to hit the same tier. They could pay out more on the comp side, wouldn't hurt.
    If you are underperforming your coach may micromanage you, listen to a lot of your calls to get you back on track. Great unless you hate micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Learn what motivates each agent with coaching strategies, not everyone likes micromanagement.

2. "No Long term Movement"

I have been working at Clearlink full-time

Pros

Pretty easy money and quick hiring process.

Cons

Difficult to move up in the company.

3. "Sales Agent"

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

Fun environment, Lots of spiffs and incentives

Cons

The grueling task of sitting at a computer all day taking call after call.

Advice to Management

Better communication

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its not that hard. Not a ton of skill. If your cool,with 45 K than this is for you . Money stays at the top not the sales floor. Why do you think they advertise on iheart radio because like Lexington Law its not real sales 💰. Not even close

Cons

Your micro managed by people who could sell a coke at Wal-Mart dated training. Griffin Hill is a joke.

Advice to Management

Pay an actual sales salary and stop micro managing or you can keep wasting money on advertising and bs recruiting

"Some pros, but soooo many more cons"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is awesome to work at to build basic sales skills you can use to apply for other places.

-They will hire virtually anyone with any customer service skills to fill training classes (also a con)

-Great place if you're in school since they're flexible.

-They give away a lot of swag and have cool parties.

-The people on the phone and coaches are awesome
     (People in upper management not so much).

-Offers virtually same benefits as any other call center

- You only need to adhere to 80% of your shift

Cons

Ever since I started working here over 3 years ago, and it gets worse and worse. Even as a top performer.

-Let me start off by saying that having an average of only 6 months as the amount of time people have worked here should be a huge red flag. Its an unemployment factory. There are months where they will lose more people than they hire.

-As to what makes it worse and worse is before Sykes bought Clearlink they cut everyone's commisons from up to 10% down to 7% max to make them seem more profitable. That was a big hurt to people's lively hood and resulted in multiple high performing reps leaving for other sales jobs.

-They don't care how long you've worked here, not at all. No matter how much they tell you they do, senior reps leave without any sort offer to get them to stay
    -It doesn't matter how killer of a week you had the week before it's always what are you doing for us this very second.

-The vacation system is a joke. You can only plan days off 2 weeks in advance and the maximum time off you can take is based off company needs. So for example there's only 30 hours of time off available on a day you need off (because we're understaffed or forecasted to be busy) for let's say a vacation you planned months ago but people who showed up to work before you OR logged into the system at home right at midnight and signed up for time off that day... well guess what sorry, have to find someone to cover it or take a write up.

-Zero sick days here to use in case you get sick, only "personal days" you can use them when ever you want, but only for one day and you get a very limited amount, less than 8 a year. Again, bite the bullet and take a write up, doesn't matter if you have a doctor note.

-They have people called "employee advisor" who are supposed to let the clueless upper management know why moral is so low and what they can do to make it better... six months later, no changes...

- honestly there's so much more but I'm tired of writing... not like anything will change.

Advice to Management

Upper management just doesn't care about moral, they care about numbers. They act like they care by throwing money at the problem, offering gifts and incentives. But it doesn't really make people want to stay there or give people a reason not to want to find another job. It just rewards the people currently there, no one's going to stay at a high stress sales job in hopes that they win a TV, or XBOX, its delusional. No matter how much they say they care they just really really don't, again throwing money at the issue isn't saying you care, none of their actions say they actually care. No real changes are being made. You will keep losing valuable sales staff to other more respectful companies.

Oct 31, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for your analysis of our organization. We’ve read through your entire statement and made notes of your concerns. Those notes will be passed on to our leadership team and reviewed by the... More

6. "Sales associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Will hire you no matter what.

Cons

If you respect yourself and have a brain you will realize how bad they are paying you for how much you are making them. Don't make this a full time thing.

Advice to Management

Learn your job

"Just my 2 cents"

Former Employee - Sales Agent and Then Operations in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Agent and Then Operations in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free clearlink swag, some cool prizes, the culture, potential free health care, the relationships that you build, flexible for school schedules, competitive hourly plus commissions.

Cons

Where do I begin? The high pressured sales with not much commission (taxed very high). You have to be willing to push boundaries with customers and be fraudulent to be a top tier agent - commission is competition based. Also you have to jump through hoops to get the commission you earned but they are too cheap to pay out. "Oh you did not ask 2 tv learn questions during that one call that the customer was really rude on so you're going to lose 15% of your total revenue on your paycheck, and be careful because if on your 2nd call that is graded and you forget to ask for an alternate phone number then you lose an additional 15% on your paycheck." And then coaches aren't there to help you succeed. They are there to get a paycheck from you and that is it. The coaches will tell you to sell a certain way and then if it is flagged as selling incorrectly or fraud, etc, guess who gets the write up, not the coach. A couple weeks ago a coach (for frontier brand, but won't be named) was forced to fire half a dozen of his agents because those agents calls were flagged for fraudulent behavior. If half of your team gets in trouble due to fraud then you're not a good coach and it's on management (there are many instances like this). Now if you sneeze wrong, you're fired. This company used to be great but was bought out in 2016 and then started to go down the drain.

Advice to Management

The turnover rate is abysmal for a reason. Invest into your employees and not just expect the next training group to fix the problem because it's a clean slate. Management does not care about employees, just the numbers they produce. So if you're a top selling fraudulent agent you're applauded and given free stuff, but then once your calls are flagged by the brand partner or QA, "BYE FELICIA!" And the process just starts all over again with the new training group. I wasn't one of the employees that got fired. I quit because I was tired of the politics and noticed how bad the company has become.

Oct 31, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Clearlink does not condone or tolerate the type of behavior you mentioned in your review, and we'd like to investigate your claims. Please reach out to email hr@clearlink.com and help us conduct a... More

8. "Sales Executive"

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

People are great! Management tries to help you succeed if you are willing to put in the work. Great if you are in school since they are willing to work around your school schedule

Cons

High pressure to perform. Some people get away with things that shouldn't

Oct 31, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

We don't give the green light to inappropriate acts in the workplace. Your review has been recorded and shared with our Sales Leadership team. Clearlink is known for exceptional sales service and... More

9. "Positive workplace with some cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and a fun environment

Cons

Not flexible with schedule. Typically required to work weekends. Internal promotion is not really an option.

10. "It's a cool call center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

The work environment is pretty great! Most people there are pretty cool and a lot of boding happens. They encourage you to get your friends interviews and jobs to add to the work environment. They also have some sweet incentives that help motivate and give you more on our checks.

Cons

Most people already know what they're getting involved in during the interview so it's no secret. It's not always fun to say the same thing on a phone call over and over each day but like I said, you know that going in. Coaches have a duty of pushing you and making you grow and sometimes it's not ideal. I also never had the "perfect" schedule but I don't think that's always possibility. They're all about numbers so if you aren't doing well there is literally nothing you can say to make up for not selling.

Advice to Management

It's tough to say because they're management and I wasn't. They probably know what they're doing better than I could advise. They're good about being nice and making themselves available but remember the best sales people become management so they know just what to say to diffuse any situation.