Clearlink Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Clearlink CEO Phil Hansen
Phil Hansen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance as well" (in 21 reviews)

• "Good benefits, pays well, enjoyable work environment" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "high turnover (expected at a call center)" (in 19 reviews)

• "Coaches were forced to be more hands on and to hover around their team from the out of touch upper management who claims that" (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Clearlink for almost 3 years now and I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon. Clearlink has taught me so much in that time and I have grown as an individual from my time here. I have learned how to sell effectively and efficiently, how to deal with adversity, how to be coachable, how to control my energy and attitude, communicate effectively, inspire others and be a leader. Thanks to my coaches, sales managers, and other leadership, I am a better person all around. Clearlink has a unique culture that genuinely tries to make your job fun. Call centers are notorious for being cut throat, toxic, and very temporary jobs. Clearlink goes against the mold by running fun incentives, having lots of potential for growth within the company, and actually caring about employees. Is the job a complete walk in the park? Of course not. You’ll have to deal with some tough calls sometimes, adhere to a schedule, and follow a call flow. But all of those things should be expected at a job like this and Clearlink makes them as reasonable as possible. Clearlink is a great place to work for someone who is motivated, solution oriented, and seeking growth and development.

Cons

There are always going to be flaws with every company, but I don’t think I can think of any glaring issues that bother me enough to report.

I would suggest not working here if you want a job you can coast at. Clearlink is about going outside your comfort zone and becoming better.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your people. Clearlink is great because you all care!

Oct 26, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear you are thriving here at Clearlink. This is exactly what we strive for in our employee experience.

"Great work- life balance and awesome perks"

Current Employee - Web Designer
    Current Employee - Web Designer

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very chill environment. Ping pong table, razors to get around the office, nice open office with big windows (not a dark dungeon)

Cons

The office politics can get a little out of hand

3. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Benefits were amazing! Pay was good!

Cons

Nothing! It was one of the best jobs.

4. "Decent college gig"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun incentives, energetic floor. Tries to engage modern employees

Cons

Can be cliquish, seems to promote from friends. I have noticed some people passed over seem to play the victim role though, so there may be more to this than what is seen on the surface.

5. "Typical Call Center"

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The base pay + commission was great for most sales agents. It is a great place to meet people in their 20s, as most of the sales force is comprised of people in that age range. Most of the employees are easy to get along with.

Cons

-When moving up in the company I was told to expect to lose money for a higher position but then would acquire more than I started with once moving a step above that. It was explained in a "two steps forward one step back" type of conversation. I moved upward and did lose money.
    - Some departments are newer and thus the pay changes frequently. It is near impossible to form long term financial plans in these newer departments.
    - It is the most political environment I have worked in. Upper management is very clique-y and blatantly prefers men over women and men whom belong to a certain religion over men who do not, even though the majority of sales agents are not open about their religious beliefs or have no specific religion.
    - HR here is useless. I was seriously told "what do you expect us to do about it?" when providing evidence for a wrongful write-up and pay docking. I had over 20 pages of emails, recorded conversations, etc. They said they refused to "step on my boss's toes" by overriding the punishment. They also said that even though it is not company policy to have write ups with no expiration date, it was a new manager who did it and they would not intervene for fear of him leaving the position.

"Do Not Work Here"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, the negative outweighs any potential good.

Cons

They made me sign a non disparagement agreement or else they wouldn't have gave me the severance they promised. Simply put, do not work here.

Advice to Management

Instead of being afraid of criticism, why not take what is commonly said about the company in the public space (reoccurring themes from dozens of people's reviews) and try to remedy an obviously fractured company/system.

"Outdated Marketing and Sales Practices and Outdated Views on Employee Wellbeing"

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

- Good benefits like free health care, ski passes, and flexible office hours (depending on who your manager is)
    - Friendly colleagues
    - Relaxed workspace with ping pong table and casual dress code

Cons

The culture at Clearlink is advertised as one thing, but in reality is far from what they say they are. The company says to value their people and says that it’s a place to learn, grow and improve their skill set for their career, but ideas are shut down and the workers are severely undervalued. While there is an Inclusivity & Diversity department, it exists solely to advertise Clearlink as a “woke” company to the press while employees who actually are minorities and members of protected classes are systemically oppressed and their legitimate concerns rug-swept and dismissed.

Directionless leadership, the result of nepotistic promotions of a select few in the inner circle/boy’s club, is running the business into the ground. Management is extremely set in their ways and instead of innovating or taking risks to try new things, they cling to outdated marketing methods and practices in an attempt to reclaim the now long-gone success of the past. Strategy is talked about often, but new and successful initiatives are rarely, if ever, actually implemented.

There is also a large disconnect between employees and management. Employees are held to a high standard of accountability while the same standards do not apply to management. Management is hesitant to promote employees and the path for career growth is subjective and based on favoritism. Management promotes themselves and their friends endlessly while entry to mid-level employees ultimately leave to other companies in order to get the pay and positions they deserve.

Clearlink is less of a company that is struggling to adapt in the fast-paced, digital world. It is more like a sinking ship. My advice to potential employees and current employees is to abandon ship before you go down with it.

Advice to Management

- Get seasoned, successful leadership from an external source.
    - Remember that actions speak louder than words. You can say that you are inclusive, open-minded, innovative, and industry-disrupting, but the actual results in terms of your business success and employee well-being tell a far different story.

"False Promises"

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

Some cool coworkers, lots of incentives

Cons

After months of hard work to be promoted and doing everything they said to do, they still hired other people who had been there less time before me. I really enjoyed working there at first but got sick of false promises and their adherence rule creates so much unnecessary stress and they just keep making it harder to reach adherence

Advice to Management

Don’t make false promises

Dec 20, 2018 – Communications Manager

We are sorry to hear that we were not able to deliver the exceptional employee experience we strive for. Our focus on promoting from within drives many employees to push themselves to reach the next... More

"Amateur Leadership, Good Employees"

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are motivated to be there

Cons

Amateur leadership overemphasizes culture vs accountability

Advice to Management

Be accountable for communicating consistently to your people. Many employees work hard at uninspiring jobs and they deserve more. Corporate should follow the playbook of Sales in this regard.

Culture is overemphasized, yet it’s inconsistent across the company. Executive vision that energizes and excites the entire org is needed.

Too many lifetime Clearlinkers are leaders - the same problems and challenges perpetuate as a result. The business is being managed into a rut. Meanwhile, the CEO seems disconnected.

You’re about 5 years behind most companies in the market in data capabilities and tech stack, and falling behind every day. Seasoned COO, CFO and CTO leadership is needed.

Dec 20, 2018 – Communications Manager

We are sorry to hear that we did not deliver the exceptional employee experience we strive for. Our people are our focus and we hold our strong culture in the highest regard. We also strive to push... More

"Sales Coach"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun incentives, decent pay, good benefits

Cons

Seems to have a lot of politics

Dec 20, 2018 – Communications Manager

While we are thrilled to see that you were happy with the compensation and benefits, it is unfortunate that you felt that politics were making an impact in the workplace. We are hoping to get some... More