Clearlink Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Clearlink CEO Phil Hansen
Phil Hansen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance as well" (in 21 reviews)

• "Good benefits, pays well, enjoyable work environment" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "high turnover (expected at a call center)" (in 19 reviews)

• "Coaches were forced to be more hands on and to hover around their team from the out of touch upper management who claims that" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great work- life balance and awesome perks"

Current Employee - Web Designer
    Current Employee - Web Designer

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very chill environment. Ping pong table, razors to get around the office, nice open office with big windows (not a dark dungeon)

Cons

The office politics can get a little out of hand

2. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Clearlink for almost 3 years now and I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon. Clearlink has taught me so much in that time and I have grown as an individual from my time here. I have learned how to sell effectively and efficiently, how to deal with adversity, how to be coachable, how to control my energy and attitude, communicate effectively, inspire others and be a leader. Thanks to my coaches, sales managers, and other leadership, I am a better person all around. Clearlink has a unique culture that genuinely tries to make your job fun. Call centers are notorious for being cut throat, toxic, and very temporary jobs. Clearlink goes against the mold by running fun incentives, having lots of potential for growth within the company, and actually caring about employees. Is the job a complete walk in the park? Of course not. You’ll have to deal with some tough calls sometimes, adhere to a schedule, and follow a call flow. But all of those things should be expected at a job like this and Clearlink makes them as reasonable as possible. Clearlink is a great place to work for someone who is motivated, solution oriented, and seeking growth and development.

Cons

There are always going to be flaws with every company, but I don’t think I can think of any glaring issues that bother me enough to report.

I would suggest not working here if you want a job you can coast at. Clearlink is about going outside your comfort zone and becoming better.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your people. Clearlink is great because you all care!

Clearlink Response

Oct 26, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear you are thriving here at Clearlink. This is exactly what we strive for in our employee experience.

3. "Amazing environment and energy"

Pros

All about family and teamwork

Cons

The pay can be tough since a big part of it is commissions

4. "Sales person"

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inbound calls are great. Selling TV service

Cons

High turnover
    Super strict
    Work on weekends if terrible.

Advice to Management

Pay more money on commission

5. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, pays well, enjoyable work environment

Cons

Tedious work that can be boring at times

6. "Sales rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orem, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

laid back work
    great bosses
    amazing pay

Cons

i have no cons for this company

"Solid job!"

Former Employee - Small Business Sales Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Small Business Sales Executive in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible with school schedule, pays $11 an hour plus commission. People and culture are pretty great!

Cons

They say you get 10% uncapped commission but really they do things that affect it. For example, they have a call flow that you should follow and if you fail to do so, they take money out of your commissions. They also take $25 off each call from your revenue which is another negative.

Advice to Management

Teach and train more on skill set and not always on the psychological side of things.

"Just Don't"

Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a place to work that gives you a paycheck.

Cons

I resigned three months in, worked at the Scottsdale location. Management follows the 'good old boy' mentality, advancing guys who they like regardless of skill or leadership ability. No females in leadership at all - they are in support roles such as employee advisor and such. As I mentioned, I resigned and gave a specific date as my last day which I followed. However, 4 days after my last day I get an email saying I was terminated. Also, the pay really is VERY low (commission and base) for the work I was doing. Rude department heads who know nothing (said to an employee who hasn't worked in call centers that the number of calls a person takes does not affect conversion, had no idea what revenue per hour meant, etc). They also made agents use their call flow, which is not a 'fit all' flow, which left many calls sounding idiotic. But if you DON'T use it they take you pay. They also will treat you like children, taking PCI compliance to the micro managing level (taking napkins off your desk because they are paper?) Just do yourself a favor and go to a different place - there are literally a million other places that will treat you better and pay what you are worth.

Advice to Management

The company needs a complete overhall. Might I suggest bringing in an outside firm to redo the structure, practices, management, policies, etc.

Clearlink Response

Oct 17, 2018 – Communications Manager

We are sorry to hear that we did not deliver the exceptional employee experience that we strive to provide. Regarding our compliance efforts and policies, there’s a fine balance between delivering a... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist
    Current Employee - SEO Specialist

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're surrounded my many professionals who are experts at their craft. It's incredibly easy to bounce off ideas and strategies off your team and others and receive awesome insight.

Cons

Due to how quickly the company is growing, it is definitely feeling more corporate with activities that are geared towards startups slowly disappearing (i.e. monthly team activities, catered lunches, etc.)

10. "Accountant"

Current Employee - Senior Insurance Accountant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Insurance Accountant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clearlink fosters awesome people, cool culture, and a strong learning environment. I've been here for less than 6 months but so far I enjoy my position and coworkers very much.

Cons

I would like to see increased PTO days.