Clearlink Reviews | Glassdoor

Clearlink CEO Phil Hansen
Phil Hansen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "high turnover (expected at a call center)" (in 19 reviews)

• "Coaches were forced to be more hands on and to hover around their team from the out of touch upper management who claims that" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Amazing culture, kind people, refreshing atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Outreach Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Outreach Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first job in my whole life where I've felt appreciated by my colleagues. People here truly care about you and your happiness and that is SO refreshing in a company. The culture is awesome, filled with kind and intelligent people who are always willing to help. There are great resources, always! Overall super happy with my time here so far. The job is challenging, but a good challenging!

Cons

Hoping for more growth here, overtime! :)

2. "Internal sales rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and motivating environment

Cons

Boring to do the same call flow everyday all day.

3. "Beware of the Leadership Team"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people there are great, they're talented and hard working individuals
    - Free snacks and drinks
    - Wellness program

Cons

- It seems like the leadership team doesn't like change and is willing to throw people under the bus if their ideas are challenged
    - Not sure what Clearlink's budget is like? They spend SO much money on trips for selective teams and just recently took all their account management team including their spouses to Mexico the same month they laid off a few employees
    - Very little transparency - they recently had a speaker come and lecture the whole company about "together we are a part, no one is a part" and it was all about working together and keeping a positive culture. If you ignore senior leaders, then this place and the culture seems great but once you start looking under the rug, it's not a pretty sight

Advice to Management

- Invest wisely in your employees and get rid of frivolous things that only benefit the special few
    - Listen to ideas and be more open to change
    - Stand up for your employees

4. "Decent Entry Sales Job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time

Pros

Generally a young and fun atmosphere, reasonable pay if you perform

Cons

The pay caps out pretty fast at about 55k

Advice to Management

Work on better training programs and fix the turnover

5. "Could be better"

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

The people! Most of them anyway. Especially the FrontEnd Developers

Cons

The culture they portray is just a facade to get you to stay at the company, but in reality, a lot of people are there to get ahead and don't care to put you under the bus. The front end work is boring and I would describe it as the data entry job for developers. They lay you off for budget cuts (even though they are spending who knows how much on renovation to make the building look cooler and more "millennial", or sending their most prized employees to Hawaii or the best employee to where ever they damn well please for a week, or a team to Disneyland because they did "good work". Don't worry though, a FronEnd developer won't ever get that opportunity.) I put two stars because I love a lot of the people there.

"Best place I've worked!"

Current Employee - SEO Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - SEO Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is hands down that best place I've worked in my career. When companies talk about "company culture," it usually doesn't mean much, but this place is different. The positivity and openness are real. Benefits are good as well, but the best part about working here is the talent level. The marketing team here is far and above the most knowledgeable I've worked with.

Cons

This is a relatively large company. With over 1700 employees, there is some bloat and the pace is noticeably slower than standard agency life. They are actively working to improve this, though.

7. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible, friendly environment
    - working alongside very bright co-workers
    - lots of growth

Cons

- Not Many. Because of a lot of the growth - processes are always being developed. Growing pains, but not unbearable with a good attitude

"Terrible Leadership. Bros, bros, and bros."

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're a C or D level player, or are good friends with someone who is on the leadership team, you can do what you want all day, get paid well, and live a very stress free life.

Cons

The entire leadership team is absolutely clueless. Take a bunch of bros who started together, never cared to put the energy into listening, learning, or even trying to be better, then give them the power to run a company, and you get Clearlink. The state of the company is as it was 10 years ago. No new blood has ever survived here- outside ideas are threatening, innovators are forced out, and if you aren't one of the boys, you get bullied until you leave. The only way to advance is to have been there since day one and get a hand up from a friend on the leadership team. Bad talent thats been there forever is valued far more highly than exceptional talent from outside.
    Phil (CEO) has been completely checked out since the Sykes acquisition (literally, does not even show up) and those who 'stepped up' are myopic, inexperienced, and defensive. The lack of vision, empathetic leadership, and innovation is driving this company into the ground.
    Oh, if you are a female, DO NOT WORK HERE. They make examples of the few female leaders they have in place but do not tell you that the only tenured females are married to male executives. Any female not in a relationship with a member of the boys club doesn't last a year.
    While Clearlink touts a great inclusive culture, its not a reality. It is the most clique-y, gossipy workplace I've ever experienced and its full of bullies, in place to defend the honor and status of the boys club. Their great benefits are being peeled back quickly due to failing profitability as a result of the terrible management.
    At this rate, they aren't going to last.

Advice to Management

Sykes, if you want this acquisition to be of any value in the future, clean house on the leadership team and bring in some fresh perspectives. Red ventures will continue to crush you and every new endeavour will fail unless you're willing to respect new ideas .

"Lackluster Management with Selfish Intentions"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative/Sales Coach in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative/Sales Coach in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some and I mean some of the incentives . The money can also be good if you figure out the system , very few do .

Cons

I’ll start by saying my experience at Clearlink was far from short lived so I had the chance to see multiple departments even management roles within the company . They really want to promote a fun environment at Clearlink which is the case but be wary, there is a certain persona they are after and will always have the affinity for . If your 18-20 and want a start in sales I’d say this is an okay place for you . You will be surrounded by vapers and people more worried about causing a ruckus and drama than taking care of their job on a daily basis . There’s a reason the attrition is through the roof, they will hire ANYONE . Management is a complete JOKE . They put you on a team of 10-20 people and expect your manager to have time for you but they will care less until they want to nit pick your daily breaks / lunches and anything else unrelated to performance . Yet they will NEVER create goals with you and follow up on performance in a productive way to the sales rep . You WILL be treated like a child if you work here. In management, only the slimy / selfish type make it . I can honestly say I’ve only respected 2 of 10 + managers I’ve been acquainted with . I’ve seen so much fraud in this organization an entire department crumbled and VPs / directors got told to leave because of their sketchy ways . The money can be good here but it takes a certain personality type and very Cutthroat way of selling . I’ve seen thousands of dollars in commission go missing and never saw it turn up . I’d ask for an explanation over and over and would finally get a BS answer 6 weeks later . Never trust the managers . This place is honestly a JOKE, if you want to become a real sales professional look elsewhere .

Advice to Management

Put more work into helping the individuals you hire grow and meet their goals . You definitely need a higher manager to sales rep ratio . Figure a way to accurately track sales and numbers . Be more invested into the people who actually are in the trenches doing the daily work to keep revenue flowing to the company . Get your attitudes right . I’ve rarely seen a manager willing and able to create a positive interaction, it’s almost always seemed like a hassle . Set clear expectations to employees and be willing to follow up on them in a productive way .

10. "Sales associate"

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

Free food, good culture, fun

Cons

Commission structure fluctuations made it hard