Clearlink Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Clearlink CEO Phil Hansen
Phil Hansen

Pros
  • Great work/life balance as well (in 20 reviews)

• I can honestly say that Clearlink is without a doubt the best work environment I've experienced on both the sales and marketing sides (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They type of flexible and always changing structure can be hard to handle for those used to a more strict call center environment (in 17 reviews)

• Not enough transparency from upper management (in 8 reviews)

1. "Community Manager"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Trendy "perks" like free lunch and ski days
    - Young, energetic staff
    - They try really hard to provide options for moving around if you are unhappy in your position
    - They are good about time off

Cons

At the end of the day you are still selling products and companies people do not like very much i.e. security systems, internet, insurance and cable tv.

2. "Not very pleased with recruiting."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work in.

Cons

Very annoyed that there is only one corporate recruiter for the whole department. That is an immense amount of responsibility to place on one person. I have found that it's useless to make referrals because the recruiter doesn't follow up with you if they have concerns about someone you have referred. Which means very capable people get passed up and some of the people I have referred have felt disrespected. It also means that some people don't hear back for lengthy periods of time which I find unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Hire more than one corporate recruiter who will work with people and check subconscious biases. We need more people of color in corporate and leadership positions. Look beyond the typical pedigree.

3. "They Appreciate Their Employees"

Former Employee - Social Media Strategist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Social Media Strategist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clearlink really appreciates its people, and they show it. They're always planning incentives and activities for people who perform well. I loved my manager and team, and still keep in touch with many of my coworkers from Clearlink. Great work/life balance as well!

Cons

The scope of what the company does is so huge I now realize I don't even understand what they do, even after working there. It can be hard to move up in the company unless you have a very specific skill-set and want to manage people.

5. "Unique Culture, Disorganized Operations (Marketing)"

Former Employee - SEO Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - SEO Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee-positive culture, bountiful perks, relaxed leave policies, emphasis on team-building and corporate events.

Cons

Messy lines of reporting and management and budget. Some aspects of organization were at my time very siloed, which limited advancement opportunities, created drama around spend and budget, and ultimately imploded the team. As the member of a pilot division I felt kept back from promotion and opportunities available to others in the marketing department.

Advice to Management

There are many examples within the company of effective teams - some "experiments" with management, structure, and relationship between marketing fulfillment and C-level strategy aren't worth having when they come at a high cost.

6. "Was a top selling salesman. The pay is AWFUL!!"

Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Literally. This job gave me swagger on the phone! It was fun making it outta nesting

Cons

Low 5 figures is the ceiling! Not even the best of the best come close to real money.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging top producers

7. "Glorified call center"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch every so often

Cons

Not very accommodating in terms of schedules. The WFM department is a joke, if you needed a day off and PTO was all taken up your coach would tell you to go talk to Work Force Managment (WFM) and they would just tell you you're out of luck. I had a dental surgery and needed a couple days off to recover and they told me "sorry, were forcasted to be very busy those days and can't help you out". I had to no call no show those days and be put on a final instead. Also, only 1 personal day? Really? That's a joke. Seriously the WFM department served no purpose. All they did was watch hold times and chat to the coaches when an agent had someone on hold for to long.

Advice to Management

Get rid of WFM, and sell better products. It's very hard to get excited about Internet and cable packages. I know some agents do very well but you would have much more if the product was something worth believing in.

8. "I loved every moment"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. A company that legitimately cares about their employees as well as taking care of the business. The business, the people, and our personal craft are the highest priorities for Clearlink.

Cons

While this isn't something that Clearlink can necessarily control, the vertical in which we work can be volatile and can lead to stressful situations. With that being said, the stressful times are short-lived and we are experts at adapting to our obstacles.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Never lose sight of the fact that your people are your biggest asset. Stick to your goals of improving the business, the culture for you people, and each individuals' personal craft both personally and professionally.

9. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Content Strategist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Content Strategist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment, relatively fast paced, and no pressure to work outside of 9-5.

Cons

The brands/products/sites aren't the most exciting, and sometimes feels difficult to get excited about what we're working on.

10. "Summer Sales for CenturyLink"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, good benefits for new employees, fun activities, etc.

Cons

The competitive sales environment wasn't a good fit for my personality. I wasn't comfortable making certain claims that seemed dishonest to me. There was a lot of pressure to do anything to close the sale.

Advice to Management

Consider more honest policies for selling

Clearlink Response

Apr 19, 2017 – Recruiting Director

Clearlink does not condone or tolerate the type of behavior you mentioned in your review and we'd like to investigate your claims. Please reach out to social@clearlink.com and share your experience ... More

"Needs a face lift"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

Made great friends, high energy, good potential, focused, decent commission, good tra

Cons

Micro managed, weak lower management, very "clicky", rumors of unacceptable behavior that were eventually confirmed, management encouraged you to mislead and trick customers to buy

Advice to Management

When I worked here the management was disgraceful. You had to be with the "in" crowd to make it anywhere. Wash out the cockroaches and put in real leaders.