Clearlink Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Clearlink CEO Phil Hansen
Phil Hansen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance as well (in 21 reviews)

• I can honestly say that Clearlink is without a doubt the best work environment I've experienced on both the sales and marketing sides (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • They type of flexible and always changing structure can be hard to handle for those used to a more strict call center environment (in 17 reviews)

• attendance policy, upper management started treating employees like numbers (in 10 reviews)

1. "Sales Executive"

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

People are great! Management tries to help you succeed if you are willing to put in the work. Great if you are in school since they are willing to work around your school schedule

Cons

High pressure to perform. Some people get away with things that shouldn't

"Just my 2 cents"

Former Employee - Sales Agent and Then Operations in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Agent and Then Operations in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free clearlink swag, some cool prizes, the culture, potential free health care, the relationships that you build, flexible for school schedules, competitive hourly plus commissions.

Cons

Where do I begin? The high pressured sales with not much commission (taxed very high). You have to be willing to push boundaries with customers and be fraudulent to be a top tier agent - commission is competition based. Also you have to jump through hoops to get the commission you earned but they are too cheap to pay out. "Oh you did not ask 2 tv learn questions during that one call that the customer was really rude on so you're going to lose 15% of your total revenue on your paycheck, and be careful because if on your 2nd call that is graded and you forget to ask for an alternate phone number then you lose an additional 15% on your paycheck." And then coaches aren't there to help you succeed. They are there to get a paycheck from you and that is it. The coaches will tell you to sell a certain way and then if it is flagged as selling incorrectly or fraud, etc, guess who gets the write up, not the coach. A couple weeks ago a coach (for frontier brand, but won't be named) was forced to fire half a dozen of his agents because those agents calls were flagged for fraudulent behavior. If half of your team gets in trouble due to fraud then you're not a good coach and it's on management (there are many instances like this). Now if you sneeze wrong, you're fired. This company used to be great but was bought out in 2016 and then started to go down the drain.

Advice to Management

The turnover rate is abysmal for a reason. Invest into your employees and not just expect the next training group to fix the problem because it's a clean slate. Management does not care about employees, just the numbers they produce. So if you're a top selling fraudulent agent you're applauded and given free stuff, but then once your calls are flagged by the brand partner or QA, "BYE FELICIA!" And the process just starts all over again with the new training group. I wasn't one of the employees that got fired. I quit because I was tired of the politics and noticed how bad the company has become.

"Former Sales Rep on AT&T"

Former Employee - Salesman On AT&T in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Salesman On AT&T in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool new office. And nice free drinks.

Cons

Company is a disappointing mess. Employees are treated as 2nd class citizens. Super high turnover results. People can't work for an employer who turns and burns the sales force like these guys are constantly doing. Good agents leave because they can't make a living off of lies and false promises. Disgusted by coaches and sales managers who are sex crazed perverts. Yes, it goes on. Don't pretend otherwise.

Advice to Management

You all screwed up after selling out to Sykes. What used to be a halfway decent job was ruined by micromanagement and abusing your sales force. When you cheat your employees out of commission they know it. Quit misleading and taking $$$$ from your hard working sales agents. Treat your agents with respect and dignity. Don't be so dang pushy and rude to your customers. Your first real customers truly are your hard working sales people. Management at the top has obviously forgotten this or just plain doesn't care anymore.

4. "Rough Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good pay
    Quick training to floor turnover
    Nice amenities and very fun atmosphere

Cons

Very difficult
    The people who you encounter on the phones are often very mean
    Schedules are a mess
    Things change so rapidly that the rules will likely be completely different by the time that you finish
    Frat like floor, fun for some, difficult for work

Advice to Management

Don't change anything except for how the sales metrics work. Those are unpredictable and often unobtainable even when doing everything correct.

5. "Positive workplace with some cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers and a fun environment

Cons

Not flexible with schedule. Typically required to work weekends. Internal promotion is not really an option.

6. "It's a cool call center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

The work environment is pretty great! Most people there are pretty cool and a lot of boding happens. They encourage you to get your friends interviews and jobs to add to the work environment. They also have some sweet incentives that help motivate and give you more on our checks.

Cons

Most people already know what they're getting involved in during the interview so it's no secret. It's not always fun to say the same thing on a phone call over and over each day but like I said, you know that going in. Coaches have a duty of pushing you and making you grow and sometimes it's not ideal. I also never had the "perfect" schedule but I don't think that's always possibility. They're all about numbers so if you aren't doing well there is literally nothing you can say to make up for not selling.

Advice to Management

It's tough to say because they're management and I wasn't. They probably know what they're doing better than I could advise. They're good about being nice and making themselves available but remember the best sales people become management so they know just what to say to diffuse any situation.

7. "Great People. Worst Job"

Former Employee - HughesNet Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - HughesNet Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were a lot of great people working there, management was helpful when trying to hit quota.

Cons

Depending on when you start, you could be on any number of products. If you're unlucky enough to get on a low demand or low quality product, good luck making much. Employees "specialize" in one product over another, like HughesNet over AT&T, and that's it. The information on other products for upselling was inadequate. My last day I came in and they told me I was selling a new product, just like that, without any information on it. Terrible training.

Advice to Management

I get that it's sales, and the goal is to sell your client's product, but don't try and push reps to sell something that won't work for the customers. Also, maybe increase education so that the product itself, whatever it may be, has a positive image among your employees.

8. "Clearlink Sales Floor ATT"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this company! They do not give up on there employees very much. They work there tails off to help people succeed. They have poured out $ for resources to test so see what they can do do help people succeed. Working in a sales job is stressful, hands down. They have a wonderful culture, environment, positive atmosphere.

Cons

This place isn't for everyone who doesn't like sales.

9. "Not what I imagined it being"

Former Employee - Frontier Communications- Small Business in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Frontier Communications- Small Business in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has a great work culture, free fountain drinks, free merchandise, and next to a duck pond.

Cons

Micromanagement, team leads who don't want to do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Please consider not having your team coaches "helicopter" over sales reps when they are having a poor week for the amount of sales they are getting. It puts stress on the coach which in turn, puts stress on the sales rep. It's difficult when there is a sales rep who is pulling out all the stops to make a sale but at the end of the day when the customer says "no" there is very little they can actually do to change their mind without border lining on harassment. (what the company instructs the sales rep to do.)

10. "Inside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet cool people and make good friends..

Cons

Extremely unprofessional work environment, people get high or drink on the job. Coaches and managers will yell at you or talk negatively about you. There's a lot of subjective decision making by coaches and managers..Your actual pay and actual schedule is different than what your recruitor told you. You will have to work weekends even if you were hired for a 9-5 M-F.

Advice to Management

Take accountability for your actions. Be consistent. Be logical. Know your company policies and set your reps up for success..Be professional. Don't have an ego or be on a power trip - don't yell at your reps or misinform them and punish them for doing what you asked! Spread love not hate. "You catch more flies with honey..."