Clearlink Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They type of flexible and always changing structure can be hard to handle for those used to a more strict call center environment (in 17 reviews)

• attendance policy, upper management started treating employees like numbers (in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Culture"

I worked at Clearlink full-time

Pros

work environment, healthy competition, team bonding experiences

Cons

attendance policy, upper management started treating employees like numbers

Advice to Management

focus more on the importance of the work environment and making the employees feel valued and important

"Great People. Worst Job"

Former Employee - HughesNet Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - HughesNet Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were a lot of great people working there, management was helpful when trying to hit quota.

Cons

Depending on when you start, you could be on any number of products. If you're unlucky enough to get on a low demand or low quality product, good luck making much. Employees "specialize" in one product over another, like HughesNet over AT&T, and that's it. The information on other products for upselling was inadequate. My last day I came in and they told me I was selling a new product, just like that, without any information on it. Terrible training.

Advice to Management

I get that it's sales, and the goal is to sell your client's product, but don't try and push reps to sell something that won't work for the customers. Also, maybe increase education so that the product itself, whatever it may be, has a positive image among your employees.

Oct 31, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our trainers are extremely knowledgeable about the brands we represent and work hard to make sure that sales agents have the tools they need to be successful. Every... More

3. "Awesome place to grow in your career."

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are awesome. Work life balance, the best I've ever experienced. Managers really show interest in helping you grow and strengthen your skills. Free food and drinks.

Cons

At times can be all over the place as far as process. Office is currently under construction and can be noisy.

4. "Not what I imagined it being"

Former Employee - Frontier Communications- Small Business in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Frontier Communications- Small Business in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has a great work culture, free fountain drinks, free merchandise, and next to a duck pond.

Cons

Micromanagement, team leads who don't want to do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Please consider not having your team coaches "helicopter" over sales reps when they are having a poor week for the amount of sales they are getting. It puts stress on the coach which in turn, puts stress on the sales rep. It's difficult when there is a sales rep who is pulling out all the stops to make a sale but at the end of the day when the customer says "no" there is very little they can actually do to change their mind without border lining on harassment. (what the company instructs the sales rep to do.)

Oct 31, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Clearlink does not condone or tolerate the type of behavior you mentioned in your review, and we'd like to investigate your claims. Please reach out to hr@clealrink.com and share your experience with... More

5. "Awesome job"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orem, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very generous in pay for a job requiring no experience. As a college job I made more money than anyone else I knew. Really great people! I loved everyone who worked there. You don't really have a boss. Sing you make most of your money from commission they really just expect you to be responsible for yourself. You have sales coaches but their only goal is make sure you make yourself more money.

Cons

Its a call center. You don't really see the sun and you get sick of saying the same things over and over.

"Lots of opportunity. Highly Recommend."

Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast pace, great earning potential, fun environment. Positive and smart leaders always looking for ways to improve. Many incentives that keep all times interesting and competitive.

Cons

Sales can be sales. Even the best of us go through the ups and downs and struggles of doing what may seem to be the same thing every day.

Advice to Management

Thanks for caring about personal and professional growth. They keep me motivated on days where I may not feel like it.
    Upper management always taking time out of their day to reach out to sales reps. Keep up the good work.

7. "Great Company, Great People, Great Job"

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone you work with is friendly and genuinely wants to put out a great product. The benefits and perks are the best i've ever seen

Cons

Project organization can be chaotic.

8. "Employee Advisor"

Former Employee - Employee Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Employee Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Clearlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are the best part of this job, my leaders truly cared about me personally and professionally. I was paid what I was worth, clearlink worked with my schedule, my health problems, challenged me to develop as a person, paid for my healthcare, paid for my schooling, paid for my gym membership. I have life long friends I have made, I could go on and on.

Cons

Working in the sales industry can be stressful at times, nothing out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing, you put people first, you care about people and the results in my life speak for itself regarding clearlink's investment in its people.

9. "Inside Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet cool people and make good friends..

Cons

Extremely unprofessional work environment, people get high or drink on the job. Coaches and managers will yell at you or talk negatively about you. There's a lot of subjective decision making by coaches and managers..Your actual pay and actual schedule is different than what your recruitor told you. You will have to work weekends even if you were hired for a 9-5 M-F.

Advice to Management

Take accountability for your actions. Be consistent. Be logical. Know your company policies and set your reps up for success..Be professional. Don't have an ego or be on a power trip - don't yell at your reps or misinform them and punish them for doing what you asked! Spread love not hate. "You catch more flies with honey..."

Oct 31, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

Your feedback is valuable to us. We don't condone or tolerate the behavior you mentioned. We've recorded your review and forwarded it to our Sales Leadership. To help us conduct a proper... More

10. "Great Employer"

Pros

Culture, Commission, Opportunity of advancement

Cons

Limited in Commissions, could have a higher compensation for performance