Clearlink Reviews | Glassdoor

Clearlink Reviews

Updated February 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • They know the real meaning of work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• I can honestly say that Clearlink is without a doubt the best work environment I've experienced on both the sales and marketing sides (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They type of flexible and always changing structure can be hard to handle for those used to a more strict call center environment (in 17 reviews)

• Not enough transparency from upper management (in 8 reviews)

"They're trying and they care."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Look, Clearlink is one of the best companies you'll ever work for. The CEO is relatable and caring, the people are top-notch, and your coworkers will quickly become your best friends. In addition to free lunches, a fully-stocked kitchen (this is obviously very important to me--I will stay at a job if there are free snacks. Guys, I'm just putting this out there, but there's an entire drawer of Pop Tarts. AN ENTIRE DRAWER. You think Google just throws out the good stuff like that? Napes.), and team outings, there's also a freaking pond at the SLC office. With fully-stocked ducks.
    I love the people here. Truly. And I am so, so grateful to be a part of this company. There is definitely misogyny (it's embedded in our society, so I'm fairly certain there's no company that will be perfect), but it's at least tempered by programs like Women of Clearlink. And there's a huge emphasis on giving back to the community.

Cons

If you don't get along with your boss, you're somewhat screwed. The products we're selling are not sexy and it's hard to get excited about, you know, alarm systems and solar. You need to be passionate and care about your job (there's great emphasis on caring), but that's easier said than done when everything revolves around soon-to-be-obsolete home services. The good thing, however, is that the company is always evolving and finding ways to stay relevant.
    Also, you have to be careful about the swamp of marketing bros.

Advice to Management

1-on-1s are great, but not helpful when your main complaint is with the person conducting them. Open work areas are not efficient. I know they're cost effective, but we spend more time at work than we do in our own homes: it's important to have an area that's our own. We need privacy and quiet--I get the impression that the seating layouts are designed to keep us accountable for what we have on our computer screens, but treat us like adults. I'd love my own area where I can focus on my work and not give anyone walking by access to what I'm working on. I think if you rethink your strategy in the new buildings and allow us ownership of our work space, you'll find that we won't just use the privacy to check FB: we'll just be able to work better.

2. "Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid company! From a business stand-point it is hard to find a place to work where the attitude is stay small and agile yet fight together like an empire. The interactions I have with my work colleagues feels like a real team of talented people that each have the same goals and interests. Clearlinker for life here<-

Cons

More intership opportunities for people entering their given professions?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "Great place for the right attitude"

I have been working at Clearlink full-time

Pros

Clearlink offers a massive opportunity for personal and professional growth to people motivated to put in the work. Come up with a great idea and a reasonable proof of concept and you'll get the kind of support and budget you could never get in most companies, regardless of your position or tenure.

Priorities can change quickly and people are expected to figure things out. Exciting for the type of person who thrives on autonomy and creativity, but can be intimidating if you want to punch a clock.

Clearlink also tends to be very thoughtful in hiring which creates a high-quality and diverse (for Utah) group of people. Definitely some of the sharpest people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Not the place to work if you want your hand held and a participation promotion every 6 months.

Not the place to work if you are uncomfortable with change and uncertainty.

Process is loose.

Entitlement seems to be creeping in and relaxed work atmosphere is abused by some.

Advice to Management

Better, more frequent, communication about long-term company vision and direction would go a long way. Profitability goals are not inspiring.

5. "Very Flexible and Great People"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Clearlink full-time

Pros

Clearlink is a great place to be a part of. They not only take the time to listen to what their employees have to say but also take the time to give back to the community. Of the jobs I've held this place has given me a great realization that you can find a place you love and work with people who love their job just as much. Stocked break rooms, flexible with work life and home life, office parties/lunches, much more.

Cons

The upcoming layout for Marketing seems a little too High School. I've seen it mentioned before in a review, not everyone works well in open library seating. Not simply so we can all goof off but sometimes it's better to be able to not be distracted by your surroundings so you can really zone in on your projects. If you're not comfortable with change, it's probably not the place to be. They are a growing company and things change, often.

Advice to Management

Be aware that saving space sometimes isn't always the best move. Removing a couple "social areas" to provide more comfortable work areas could actually help productivity.

6. "Great Co-workers"

Current Employee - Copywriter II in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Copywriter II in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The culture and the people who drive that culture are the best things about working for Clearlink. I've never had better co-workers, ever. Most Clearlinkers are intelligent and easy to work with. Also, for my position, I'm compensated extremely well. And Clearlink gives us tons of perks and delivers on the benefits side of things. I am treated extremely well.

Cons

It sometimes feels like management only pays lip service to the importance of our company culture. This isn't the case all the time, but it does feel like some of us are passed over or not taken seriously because we fit Clearlink's branding but not corporate culture, broadly speaking. I think Clearlink is more conservatively corporate than our branding lets on.

Advice to Management

If management really does value diversity and creativity, I think it should keep moving away from the traditional, good-old-boy culture of most conservative corporations. That said, they do a really good job overall.

"Run from this place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Pros

You can come back every Summer

Cons

Credit card fraud occurs in an afford to meet unreasonable selling expectations made by the managements. Management is not well train but friendly, it feels more like a slave house.

Advice to Management

Educate yourself in the sites you ask the employees to know instead of playing golf

8. "Good job"

Pros

open, friendly, supportive, driven, opportunity & fun!

Cons

not too much honestly, the call volume can get to you sometimes or not meeting goal can be a bummer

Advice to Management

nothing keep it up

"Good place to start or switch careers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Clearlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers
    Some good managers
    Average 401K benefit
    Healthy lifestyle encouragement
    Community involvement opportunities
    Lax dress code
    Plenty of free time to do as you please
    Flexible work/life balance

Cons

feedback is non existent, seems like it's done through gossip rather than a straight forward meeting.

The company is well below its profit benchmarks

The work layout can be distracting

It's more for the younger workers, once you hit 30-40 years old, you're either already in a top position or you're quarantined here.

You'll get minimal feedback on how you're doing, but they do have you sit down with a manager every quarter for you to evaluate yourself for yourself while they take meaningless notes.

Advice to Management

Start actually training your people and doing legitimate one on ones that provide value to your workforce.

10. "Horrible environment, managers are classless"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

They pay on time and are good at that only.

Cons

The managers are always cursing, they are not attentive, the environment is more like a playground than an adult setting. They lie about your pay.

Advice to Management

Stop hitting on your reps, some of them are not single.

"Inside sales rep"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative- SLC in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative- SLC in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Fun environment with lots of freedom.
    Good opportunities to make money.

Cons

Company treats employees like nothing.
    You are worthless if you aren't succeeding every day.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with respect and make people feel like they are needed and an intregral part of your coming.