Clearlink Employee Reviews about "coaches"

Updated Oct 1, 2020

3.4
Clearlink President Ted Roxbury
Ted Roxbury
Pros
  • "Encourage a healthy work/life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Great people, chill atmosphere on an Engineering team that tries to use best practices and solid foundations(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Coaches are paid based off your performance (can create stress)(in 28 reviews)

• "I'm not sure if the upper management knows(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "coaches"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great job and great people!

Feb 25, 2019 - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

This place was awesome! I learned so much from the sales coaches and managers. Great place for people just getting into sales. The culture here is definitely unique, in a good way, plus free soda!

Cons

None! Clearlink was an amazing opportunity and allowed me to gain experience.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing pay if you can stay positive

Oct 1, 2020 - Sales Representative in Orem, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great coaches who take interest in your success -Clear expectations -Great commission opportunities

Cons

-Coaches are paid based off your performance (can create stress) -Even though customers call you, they don't want to talk to you. Most calls begin somewhat tense and can easily turn into customers being angry with the process you have to follow to create a new account.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love my job

Oct 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Clearlink for almost 3 years now and I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon. Clearlink has taught me so much in that time and I have grown as an individual from my time here. I have learned how to sell effectively and efficiently, how to deal with adversity, how to be coachable, how to control my energy and attitude, communicate effectively, inspire others and be a leader. Thanks to my coaches, sales managers, and other leadership, I am a better person all around. Clearlink has a unique culture that genuinely tries to make your job fun. Call centers are notorious for being cut throat, toxic, and very temporary jobs. Clearlink goes against the mold by running fun incentives, having lots of potential for growth within the company, and actually caring about employees. Is the job a complete walk in the park? Of course not. You’ll have to deal with some tough calls sometimes, adhere to a schedule, and follow a call flow. But all of those things should be expected at a job like this and Clearlink makes them as reasonable as possible. Clearlink is a great place to work for someone who is motivated, solution oriented, and seeking growth and development.

Cons

There are always going to be flaws with every company, but I don’t think I can think of any glaring issues that bother me enough to report. I would suggest not working here if you want a job you can coast at. Clearlink is about going outside your comfort zone and becoming better.

Communications Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience! We are happy to hear you are thriving here at Clearlink. This is exactly what we strive for in our employee experience.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible Company

Mar 18, 2020 - Licensed Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pros no longer exist since the last CEO and Coaches left or were fired.

Cons

This company knew months ahed of time that they were shutting us down and said nothing. I cant begin to even tell you how messed it is that I gave my all to a company that treated me as if I stole something and so they locked me out of the system and fired me. But no there was stealing I was a top agent they gave no warning. They dont care about their employees and they have no idea what they are doing as a business. They forced us to push fake roadside to people and not explain it fully to them.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work from home agent

Dec 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. This place sucks. Never work there.

Cons

EVERYTHING. Literally the worst job I’ve ever worked at. I hated the management they don’t tell you anything that’s really going on so you’re forced to just do whatever your coaches say even if it doesn’t make sense. The leads that they give you suck. The HR department says that they are all confidential but I had a complaint about my coach and she knew the next day and pulled me into a meeting to give me fire about it when I was told everything was suppose to be confidential. This company is terrible. They lie on calls and the coaches tell you to lie and the coaches don’t even know what they are doing half the time. No motivation to help the team it’s just pushing to get sales so it’s better on their paycheck. A bunch of crap workers there who only care about themselves.

6 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

We are sorry that we did not deliver the exceptional employee experience that we strive for. We know that all of our success hinges on creating great relationships, and that, often, the most important relationship in the workplace is the one you share with your direct manager. We invest a lot of time and effort in helping give these leaders the resources they need and are truly sorry to hear that you were let down in this regard. Taking concerns to the HR department should always be confidential, and we take this matter very seriously. Please email Cammie.Cable@Clearlink.com so that we can learn more about your situation and take any appropriate action.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good company that has lost its way

May 15, 2019 - Sales Agent, New Hire Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

There definitely are pros. Many of the people are great co-workers who will become your friends, and there are coaches and managers that genuinely care about their reps. Free drinks, coffee, and frequent catering are nice too. The location of the Orem office is excellent, right next to University Mall. Getting paid weekly is awesome, as is the free health insurance.

Cons

Sadly, the main cons affect agents, not management. There is far too large of a disparity between how coaches and managers behave at work, and how agents are allowed to behave. Agents truly feel like second-class citizens at Clearlink. So many of the leaders are in their positions because they were in the right place at the right time, and it has created a toxic "boys club" where friends promote their friends, and there is little opportunity to break in if you're not in the club. They don't look outside the company for talent because they can pay internal promotions less money. Because the number of promotions is so few, there is intense competition for those jobs, and management uses that to terrorize potential candidates. Even though there is a ping-pong table for employee's use, promotion candidates are told they shouldn't play because it "looks bad." Why even have a ping-pong table if you shame people for taking a break? In training, the micromanagement was atrocious. The director insisted that everyone on the team replied all to every email that went out. Every email. So every time one small email went out, maybe touching on a small policy change or an event coming up, you'd get 18 emails that all say "on it" or "got it" or "what a great idea!" It felt like complete disingenuous pandering, and it felt like if you didn't respond with a vapid unnecessary response, you were falling out of the director's good graces. It also became a running joke. This same director was the perfect example of someone who was in the right place at the right time- no business acumen, no innovative ideas. Worse than this, she was an obvious gossiper, and those conversations frequently got back around. When I was new as an agent, the opportunities for commissions were exciting and real. I could make $500 a week in commissions regularly; now that would represent the top 5% of the agents of any given team. They have spun commission structures where they try to tell you that you can make more- but you can make more only if you're hitting ridiculous and unrealistic numbers. And the biggest con of all... the call flow. The call flow is this inflexible script where you have to read some things verbatim, and other things you have to mention or pitch on the call. So instead of a dynamic, intelligent, professional sales agent, they've created robots that have to follow the call flow and force products down peoples' throats. It's 2019 for God's sake and they would force agents to pitch home phone lines to people. Say someone has a call where the customer says "I am a conscientious objector to TV- I think it's immoral, and I'm leading a campaign to eradicate TV in the world." The agent is still required to pitch that person TV. So the agent comes off as either disinterested, disrespectful, stupid, or all of the above. Management's response to this is the weakest and most patronizing idea of all time: "we don't know that our TV pitch won't change their mind, so we have to pitch it on every call every time!"

4 people found this review helpful

COO and President of Home Services

We really appreciate this feedback and your suggestions for improvement. One of our new strategic business initiatives is focused specifically on the employee experience, which includes analyzing things like leadership development and compensation approach to address some of the issues you've mentioned here. I'm confident we're headed in the right direction, but I'd still love to know more about your experience if you're willing to share. Please feel free to reach out to me at Loudandclear@clearlink.com. Thank you. - Adam Mergist

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sexist and horrible

Jan 23, 2019 - Inside Sales Representative in Orem, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

New friends and lots of incentives

Cons

I was being sexually harrassed and other coaches on my viasat team completely ignored me and were going behind my back with the guy harassing me and trying to get me fired or "push me out" I felt unsafe and got in trouble when sexual rumors were being spread about me. As if it were my fault. Completely took my harrasers side because hes a "big seller". Women, dont work here. You will not be respected or taken seriously

12 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

We are deeply concerned to learn about your situation. Please contact our VP of Human Resources (Cammie.Cable@Clearlink.com) as soon as possible so we can learn more and take any necessary actions. We absolutely do not tolerate any form of sexual harassment and will not accept it from any employee, regardless of level.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The training is a waste of time you dont learn anything

Nov 23, 2018 - AT&T Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

paid training and free food

Cons

You learn nothing in training all they do is meet everyone with a title and have pep talks then throw u on phones and hope u do well. An all the coaches are busy talking to other to actually help you on a call.

5 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

We are sorry to hear that we did not deliver the exceptional employee experience we strive for. We understand the value of proper training and are always looking to improve our training process. We would like to hear more about your experience in order to help us improve our training efforts, please email HR@Clearlink.com.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Ugh

Aug 30, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having food trucks every day was pretty cool Getting paid weekly was nice

Cons

I had a hard time during training. The coaches would recommend lying in order to make the sale, even saying “We’d rather you get dinged on quality than lose the sale” . They had me listen to a call to give me confidence and inspiration, in the call one of the other agents lied to an elderly lady about contract lengths/pricing and it made me sick. Maybe I’m not meant for sales, but I can’t imagine running a business off of lies.

3 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

We are sorry to hear that we did not deliver the type of employee experience we strive for. We demand integrity from all of our employees and under no circumstances do we condone or allow misrepresentation or untruths. We have a Compliance Team that is constantly monitoring calls to ensure we are meeting the standards set and that we are adhering to policy. Please reach out to us at HR@Clearlink.com so we can get more feedback about your experience here.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

not so good anymore

Nov 30, 2015 - Phint Sale Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with the company for almost 3yrs now and would say it use to be a wonderful place to work now its an ok place to work a good temporary stop kind of thing, and they do have competitive pay, and you can get med insurance payed up to 100% if you jump through all their hoops, they have decent prizes and give aways but keep in mind it is a call center

Cons

they let you learn by failing, then tell you the way they want you to say it or how to pitch it, and with absolutely no consistency in quality control you're always so confused on what you can say and cant say, one coach say you can say that another coach says you cant, and now with it tied to your commissions you loose money, and the new adherence policy is so confusing not even the coaches understand it. and it has created a negativity on the floor. their coaches are not mangers, only one of them have any type of management abilities the others aren't even really coaches their more of overseers

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews