Cover image for Clearlink
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Clearlink Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 5, 2021

Join the conversation on

Advertising

125.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Clearlink~378503
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Clearlink and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

AWESOME

Sep 29, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

No way to top out on Commission.

Cons

Not enough transparency from upper management

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you want to be treated like you're in high school then work here

May 22, 2020 - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are fun if you prefer early to late 20 adults.

Cons

You are treated like a child instead of an adult. You basically have to ask to use the bathroom or you hurt your adherence. You can't ask to leave without having your coach ask for you even though you've been sitting around for hours doing nothing. Management chooses favorites when it comes to being helped or any job promotion. If you aren't friends with any upper management, you won't get promoted. They don't take mental wellness seriously, they only care about you taking as many calls as possible and how much money you're making. Are you sick? You either have to use a personal day (no sick days offered) or taken an absence which you'll be written up for regardless if you have a doctors note or not.

4 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

We are sorry to see that we didn't deliver the exceptional employee experience we strive for. We do our best to balance employee autonomy and ensure we have proper coverage. We hope that in your regular check-ins with your manager and others, you were given an opportunity to express these concerns and have them satisfactorily addressed by the leadership team. Please reach out to us at HR@Clearlink.com so we can discuss your situation and feedback further.

3. Join the Clearlink team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Great place

Jan 5, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with. It seems like everyone shares the understanding that upper management isn't great.

Cons

Disorganized and one-track minds. Upper management is full of power-hungry people

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Typical Call Center

Dec 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The base pay + commission was great for most sales agents. It is a great place to meet people in their 20s, as most of the sales force is comprised of people in that age range. Most of the employees are easy to get along with.

Cons

-When moving up in the company I was told to expect to lose money for a higher position but then would acquire more than I started with once moving a step above that. It was explained in a "two steps forward one step back" type of conversation. I moved upward and did lose money. - Some departments are newer and thus the pay changes frequently. It is near impossible to form long term financial plans in these newer departments. - It is the most political environment I have worked in. Upper management is very clique-y and blatantly prefers men over women and men whom belong to a certain religion over men who do not, even though the majority of sales agents are not open about their religious beliefs or have no specific religion. - HR here is useless. I was seriously told "what do you expect us to do about it?" when providing evidence for a wrongful write-up and pay docking. I had over 20 pages of emails, recorded conversations, etc. They said they refused to "step on my boss's toes" by overriding the punishment. They also said that even though it is not company policy to have write ups with no expiration date, it was a new manager who did it and they would not intervene for fear of him leaving the position.

4 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

We are sorry to hear that we did not deliver on the exceptional employee experience we strive for. As we continue to grow as a company and expand offerings and respective departments, we do experience occasional growing pains -- but we also put a huge effort into career development and career pathing to help our people understand how they can take the next step in their career. We do have checks and balances in place to review disciplinary and compliance concerns, and it is an area we are constantly looking to improve. We absolutely do not tolerate discrimination in any way, shape, or form and thoroughly investigate all such allegations. Please contact our VP of Human Resources at Cammie.Cable@clearlink.com so we can review your experience.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

As far as entry-level call centers go, Clearlink is the best

Jan 29, 2020 - Sales Agent in Orem, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is above average in comparison to other call centers of a similar caliber, pretty chill environment and co-workers are cool for the most part.

Cons

If you aren't friends with, or have an "in" with, the upper management, you will NOT be promoted. A close friend of mine worked here as a sales agent/rep. for over 6 years, never missed a day, never late, always among the top sales agents for the week/month. One of the hardest working people I know. He deserved a promotion more than anyone else in that company BY FAR. However, no matter how many times he tried to be promoted, he wasn't and eventually he realized he never would be, because the only people who received promotions were "friends" of upper management. If you're looking for opportunities to grow within a company, don't waste your time here.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

DON'T go!

Feb 3, 2020 - Medicare Sales Representative in Provo, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

*The first promises (changes) *Positive customers *Positive coworkers *Workable flexible hours * 'good' attitude

Cons

* Fraudulent *Very, very deceitful. I'm not sure if the upper management knows. But avoiding MD for the rest of AEP, also placing PDP after the 8th of DEC, all because you want MAPD instead. Other carriers would be ticked! Oh yes, I have the proof. *ALways changing their structure in commission *Not MUCH communication *They're more strict than school codes. *Only desire about their numbers not really the customers. *Pushy...oh...so pushy. *favoritism, no doubt *You 'hurt' or 'bother' the upper management they'll can you. No joke, they get all triggered. Well I have a word for you grow up!

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Manager

We take accusations of fraud extremely seriously and have instituted many organizational checks and balances to prevent it from happening, including various compliance teams and checkpoints, organizational compliance standards, and frequent and regularly updated digital training content. Please email us at HR@Clearlink.com immediately so we can begin reviewing the details of your situation.

8. 1.0

Reduced paychecks

Mar 24, 2016 - Inside Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Things started out great. Hours are flexible, rescheduling a shift is easy, you only need to be clocked in 80% of the time to be in good standing with the company, lots of incentives, and good team building.

Cons

After working for over a year, they decreased my floors commission structure drastically. Many people making $400/week in commission are making $100-200 less. Interestingly, Clearlink recently got bought out by SKYKES, and our managers have been very vague about what that means in terms of job security and whether that was responsible for our commission change. Additionally, many people who have upper management jobs aren't sure if they'll have them in the future. Clearlink recently tried to build a facility in Arizona, but had to stop because funds ran short. Ultimately, nobody seems to be sure where Clearlink is going and that has a lot of people frustrated and worried.

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Stifling Growth With the Magic of Bro Culture

Dec 21, 2017 - Digital Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing benefits - from free ski passes to free food to regular team activities - Relaxed workspace - lax dress code, ping pong table, pleasant coworkers - Flexible scheduling - this depends on who your manager is, because some definitely discourage remote work or schedule changes

Cons

Clearlink's values do not line up with their actions in the marketing department. While the company promises an open-minded workplace where people can grow, learn, and improve their career, in marketing it is often the exact opposite. There, ideas are stifled, people are undervalued, and nepotism runs rampant. New ideas, good and bad, are discouraged almost across the board, not by words but by actions. For an industry that moves as fast as digital marketing, Clearlink's middle to upper management is strongly set in their ways and extremely slow to adjust. The CMO lords over the entire department, promoting personal friends and ignoring the ideas of newer hires and people outside his select group of friends. His pet projects often receive undue attention and resources, regardless of their success. These same friends, a literal boys' club of long tenured Clearlink employees, are promoted regularly and often into roles indistinguishable from their original roles. These promotions are also celebrated via department-wide emails, emphasizing the frequency and disparity of these promotions versus promotions outside the boys' club. While "People" is a core tenant of Clearlink's culture, turnover is incredibly high - on one small team there were zero promotions in 2 years while over a dozen people on that team quit or were fired. This type of environment is extremely discouraging, especially as executives are very publicly promoted and re-promoted. The only department that sees significant hiring is management, which is close to eclipsing actual workers. Managers are hired to manage managers while other departments are left struggling for resources. If you are a white man who likes to ski, hang out with good buds, manage marketing employees, and you've worked at Clearlink for 10 years or more, Clearlink is a great place to work!

19 people found this review helpful

Communications Manager

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience at Clearlink. As an organization, we do not take the issues of sexism, racism, or discrimination lightly. We value your honest feedback, and acknowledge that we can always do better. We would like to point out that we truly value the viewpoint and input from people of all different backgrounds at Clearlink. When we speak of inclusion at Clearlink, we envision an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and is comfortable being their whole self at work. We continue to work towards an inclusive workplace, where we all consistently advocate for each other’s needs, respect individual value, support each other’s life experiences, and celebrate our differences. We would sincerely like to hear what happened for you to come away with such a negative perception of Clearlink. Please email our HR Department at HR@Clearlink.com so that we can open a constructive dialogue and discuss your experience.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Some pros, but soooo many more cons

Oct 19, 2017 - Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

This place is awesome to work at to build basic sales skills you can use to apply for other places. -They will hire virtually anyone with any customer service skills to fill training classes (also a con) -Great place if you're in school since they're flexible. -They give away a lot of swag and have cool parties. -The people on the phone and coaches are awesome (People in upper management not so much). -Offers virtually same benefits as any other call center - You only need to adhere to 80% of your shift

Cons

Ever since I started working here over 3 years ago, and it gets worse and worse. Even as a top performer. -Let me start off by saying that having an average of only 6 months as the amount of time people have worked here should be a huge red flag. Its an unemployment factory. There are months where they will lose more people than they hire. -As to what makes it worse and worse is before Sykes bought Clearlink they cut everyone's commisons from up to 10% down to 7% max to make them seem more profitable. That was a big hurt to people's lively hood and resulted in multiple high performing reps leaving for other sales jobs. -They don't care how long you've worked here, not at all. No matter how much they tell you they do, senior reps leave without any sort offer to get them to stay -It doesn't matter how killer of a week you had the week before it's always what are you doing for us this very second. -The vacation system is a joke. You can only plan days off 2 weeks in advance and the maximum time off you can take is based off company needs. So for example there's only 30 hours of time off available on a day you need off (because we're understaffed or forecasted to be busy) for let's say a vacation you planned months ago but people who showed up to work before you OR logged into the system at home right at midnight and signed up for time off that day... well guess what sorry, have to find someone to cover it or take a write up. -Zero sick days here to use in case you get sick, only "personal days" you can use them when ever you want, but only for one day and you get a very limited amount, less than 8 a year. Again, bite the bullet and take a write up, doesn't matter if you have a doctor note. -They have people called "employee advisor" who are supposed to let the clueless upper management know why moral is so low and what they can do to make it better... six months later, no changes... - honestly there's so much more but I'm tired of writing... not like anything will change.

11 people found this review helpful

Employee Relations Manager

Thank you for your analysis of our organization. We’ve read through your entire statement and made notes of your concerns. Those notes will be passed on to our leadership team and reviewed by the appropriate parties. We pride ourselves on building strong relationships - with our partners, with the community, but most of all with our employees. We're sorry you feel that your experience did not reflect that. Sincere thanks for being a part of the Clearlink organization. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee

Good People, Terrible Management

Mar 17, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A sales job, making commissions, decent incentives.

Cons

The management has the mentality that only sales agents should have... You are only as good as the person that can and eventually will replace you. When a company has that mentality... That means that they really don't care about you as an agent, as a team member, as a person. You are a face in the crowd that can and will be replaced, especially if you have a voice and speak up upper management gets nervous (because like I said they have the same mentality you are only as good as the next person) SO they look for any thing to target and get rid of you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews