KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 379 of over 398 reviews

3.3
Clearwater Analytics Chief Executive Officer Sandeep Sahai
Sandeep Sahai
Pros
  • "There is incredible work/life balance(in 44 reviews)

• "Awesome work environment with the greatest people(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The Boise office engineering department isn't very diverse(in 17 reviews)

• "Biggest con, they do not have the proper amount of employees for client services(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Clearwater Analytics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

I love my job

Aug 14, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clearwater is a place where if you’re determined and willing to work hard, you are given hard problems and really encouraged to own and create solutions! The coworkers are absolutely incredible- I’m surrounded by people who encourage me to be better and are rooting for my success. The problems that were solving are complex and fun, and there’s a lot of opportunities! The leadership team (from my team lead up to the COO) have really encouraged me and made me feel valued. Plus the leadership team really believes in investing in the community- they’re doing a dollar-for-dollar match with what employees contribute to selected local charities (and the CEO is matching too, so it ends up being $3 match per each $1 contributed by employees! (This is for a limited time, but I think they will do this again.)

Cons

It’s a growing company, so things move and change pretty fast. You have to be able to pivot quickly to keep up. It’s not perfect- but I think the leadership team does want to help make employees happy. They don’t always get it right, but they’re trying. There are parts of the company that work long hours and have had people burn out- but I am hopeful that this will improve.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee

Culture and work-life balance down under current leadership

Oct 19, 2021 - Operations Delivery Lead in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work environment with a variety of work (not boring) Colleagues are great people who help and support each other Decent benefits package

Cons

Trust in current executive leadership is low Too focused on metrics/data & not listening to employees Attrition is extremely high lately and causing more and more work for those left Development on internal tools and existing product has halted frustrating employees and customers

9 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company heading in the right direction

Oct 18, 2021 - Reconcilation Analyst in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good/fun culture. Very relaxed office environment. Offered stock to employees at a 4-year vested program when they went public. Fast-paced environment. Company would send remote team members gifts every now and then. Benefits are very good.

Cons

Very low starting salary. Difficult/unclear measurables on performance. Work-life balance was not a priority and a standard was never communicated to teams. Certain team members would work much more than others, seemingly without guidance on flexing schedule. They require weekly timesheet submissions (logging hours worked) even for salary associates which was redundant.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Quickly Declining Atmosphere

May 13, 2021 - Analyst in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clearwater used to be a really fun place to work 3-5 years ago. The teams were very knowledgeable and there were opportunities to move around in the company. Higher management seemed to care enough about the employees and people could excel in what their skill set was. The pay was never that great, but the culture was much different than what we see today and people would leave on fairly positive notes. It is fun to be a part of large well known clients, and you do get opportunities to talk with important figures at a lot of different public companies.

Cons

The executives only care about profitably now. You will be over worked and the only reward you will get is an inflation raise and a new job “promotion” that does not come with a raise. You will constantly be asked to take on more work even though the amount of work operations has is not sustainable in the first place. On top of that, sales has extremely lofty goals, so operations will have to take on more complex clients. The amount of people that are joining Clearwater is no where near enough to amount for the experienced people that have been leaving for higher paying and less stressful jobs.

23 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Poor Pay

Nov 2, 2021 - Database Analyst in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall company runs well and co-workers and supportive and create good working environment.

Cons

Pay is low. Compensation review process changes every year and is kept secret. Little to no insight on how a salary is determined. New hires with no experience join at higher salaries than seasoned employees. Compensation bands are kept secret - any push back on compensation comes down to "our hands our tied". Actively looking for another employer.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to get experience

Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, good location, professional

Cons

Downtown location requires you to pay for parking, people don’t seem to stay very long.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fast Pace client driven environment

Nov 15, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked with great clients and peers

Cons

leadership lack of focus on employee growth and development

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not worth it if your offer doesn't include stock

Jul 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clearwater is a rapidly growing company in the fintech industry. It has a truly differentiated offering and is basically the only product in its space. I expect it to keep growing quickly and become a very valuable company. Working here may be worth it if you are offered stock.

Cons

Compensation is not and has never been competitive. They used to talk about being a compensation leader and that verbiage has quietly disappeared from conversations. Leadership is frantic and disorganized. There is no clear direction other than profitability. I don't think the leaders even know what they want to build, they just know they can sell it for a fortune. Speed over quality, always. Very limited resources for industry recognized education. They've invested in online educational resources but none that you could put on your resume (think linkedin learning vs certificates, degrees, professional qualifications).

14 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Used to be a fun, exciting, collaborative culture

Sep 10, 2021 - Manager in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good for entry level/college graduates to get some work experience. Warren Barkley, CTO is no longer with the company. Quicker escalation into management roles than other companies. Even if you need to wait for someone to move up or move out, you likely won't have to wait long. More interdepartmental transfers allowed than I have seen at other companies. My final compensation was only slightly less than market for my background, but it took a lot of self-advocating to get there, and I was taking on a LOT more responsibility than my peers making the same or more than me at other Boise companies. Decent benefits.

Cons

The culture, work/life balance, and ability to take meaningful vacation have deteriorated significantly. The reward for doing good work is always more work and rarely compensatory. Several members of the Executive Leadership Team will throw their own team members under the bus as soon as any fire comes in their direction. It's one thing to be cutthroat in a competitive business sense, but it is detestable to behave this way to one's own subordinates. Many roles in operations are full time putting out fires and performing manual workarounds for bugs that should have been addressed years ago. There is a huge gap between employees with 10+ years of experience and employees with <2 years of experience that continues to grow. This leaves a lot to be desired in terms of technical expertise. Per the SEC filing, the executive leadership team had a great year in terms of salary & bonus in 2020. The same cannot be said about me despite being promoted twice that year. Glassdoor ratings - given my comments above, compare the ratings from the “10+ years” or the “less than 1 year” to the ratings from the “2 to 8 years” range. It's clear this is where the problem lies. While the company is trying to be SaaS, the company culture is inherited from Mega Insurers and really has no link to what the environment seems to be in other SaaS companies (based on my Glassdoor research). Compare Clearwater to some top SaaS companies, and then compare it to mega insurance companies. You don't need to be a data scientist to see the relationship.

19 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Oct 18, 2021 - Data Migration Specialist in Boise, ID
      Business Outlook

Pros

great learning in finance a

Cons

low compensation compared to industry

Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 379 Reviews