Clearwater Analytics Reviews

4.1
Clearwater Analytics Chief Executive Officer Sandeep Sahai
Sandeep Sahai
Pros
Cons
  • "More people are finding out about Boise(in 16 reviews)

• "Biggest con, they do not have the proper amount of employees for client services(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

First, the people. We work with the brightest young talent in the valley. When you're dealing with a hard problem, you have adequate resources to your clients a reasonable and timely solution. Second, the culture. Due to the rigorous interview process, it takes a certain type drive and/or intellect to work here. Those similarities make teamwork/chemistry very easy. Third, the "see it to completion" mentality here. If you identify a problem, you own it to the finish, which I love. There isn't any "passing the buck" here. Fourth, great vacation policy. Fifth, great insurance

Cons

Parking Training - the learning curve here is very steep due to the proprietary systems in place, so even if you have years of work experience, it doesn't mean you're going to jump right in and know what you're doing here

October 22, 2019Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on what we can do better. We hear you on the training and learning curve part and our new Head of Enablement is working with our CHRO to roll out many learning initiatives over the next few months. Stay tuned.

2. "Good Culture, Friendly Teammates, and Solid Middle Management"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Boise, ID

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I love my manager - My teammates are really helpful and easy to work with - The organizational structure is solid and everyone I have met has opportunities to learn and grow in their role - The company is continuously evolving, an enticing quality for a new hire like myself - There is room to make suggestions and uproot the status quo - There is incredible work/life balance

Cons

- The highest levels of management feel somewhat disconnected from the daily operational struggles - The benefits and pay could be higher to compete with other tech companies in the Northwest and Southwest

Continue reading
  3. "More Than Just a Job"

Current Employee - Financial Data Analyst in Boise, ID

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clearwater makes you feel valued every day for being part of their company. They are invested in you and your growth, and provide you with the tools/training/resources you need to do your job well. Great benefits, excellent environment, and a fantastic group of people to work with. This feels like more than just a job - you get to be part of something truly special that's bigger than any one person, but that also supports and celebrates everyone on an individual basis. Highly recommended!

Cons

The learning curve can be pretty steep, as the job tends to be very esoteric regardless of your background. This is understood, however, and everyone is patient.

4. "THE Best."

Current Employee - Reconciliation Analyst in Boise, ID

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Flexible Scheduling -Challenging yet fun -I enjoy coming to work each day. Clearwater allows you to have a family and a great job. The work life balance is fantastic. The Clearwater Culture is very fun and friendly. I have felt like I have made instant friends because everyone truly cares about you and your development. There is a lot of room for advancement in the company. They give you the resources and allow you (and even help you) to move towards a career goal that you have. P.S. The benefits are awesome too.

Cons

We are currently working from home which brings its own challenges but because of the way Clearwater has built its company it allows for an easy transition from office work to work from home.

July 6, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. Very happy to have you on board. We understand the challenges of WFH, the technical issues and the social aspect. While our Tech leadership is working around the clock to make sure we don't face challenges, we all miss being in office and meeting our co-workers. We are trying to make sure we continue to virtually engage all our employees, I hope you've had a chance to participate in our many virtual social engagements and contest. Keep up the good work. This too shall pass.

5. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - BDR in Boise, ID

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Lot's of growth with the organization create new roles or more opportunities to move within the company - Never boring, always new challenges that arise that keep you on your feet. - Work/life balance is great

Cons

- With all the growth and bringing in top talent at the executive level, the company has been changing in very positive ways. Don't really have any cons that come to light.

"Great Company... However"

Current Employee - Client Services Analyst in Boise, ID

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has a great atmosphere and talented, hard working people. You will never get bored as there are always good learning opportunities. Coworkers will try and help you out as much as possible to get you up to speed on everything. Upper management and management in general is super helpful in trying to get you everything you need in order to make clients happy.

Cons

Biggest con, they do not have the proper amount of employees for client services. You will typically spend at least 45 hours a week at work for three weeks out of the month. The week of month end reporting, you will be at work for at least 50 hours, probably closer to 55-60. You will be answering client questions until you fall asleep for one week out of the month. Further, when in the office, everyone eats their food at their desk, and continues to work. It seems like this might be a culture issue if anything. Another con is that with this additional work, it does not seem like there is a bonus structure in place. For working on average 10 additional hours a week over 40, and not getting an increase in pay, I would say the pay is not up to par with industry standards. All in all, cons mainly consist of not having a reasonable amount of people staffed for busy times. On the slowest of days, it seems like people are still attempting to get caught up. Work/life balance is severely lacking and it seems like no one is aware of it.

Continue reading
  7. "Great company for growth"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super smart people, great product and a fun atmosphere.

Cons

Management could be more transparent

8. "Wonderful Team; Compassionate Leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Pre-Sales Engineer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Leadership is very compassionate and empathetic. Anytime I've needed to tend to family, personal needs, or make accommodations I have been met with the utmost respect and support. Leadership is wonderful! - The culture is one of hard work, personal growth, and support. Every person I work with is highly motivated, intelligent, and interested in learning and improving their craft. I've yet to meet someone who isn't willing to share their knowledge and help you understand a new concept. - Constant change and improvement - for some this might be a con; but I love it. Changes are frequent and you must be able to adapt. Nothing here is stagnant. - Freedom of work - The level of freedom I have at Clearwater to tackle a project how I see fit with my own ideas has far surpassed any other job/company I've had (and I've had many!) There is no micro-management here. On the flip side, if you're someone who thrives off of checklists and rigid procedures, this isn't the place for you.

Cons

- Work can often be very challenging and ambiguous. The learning curve here is steeper than any other job I've had, including the military. I've seen people break down (and I've mentally broken down myself) due to overwhelming demands on what I need to learn and know. Depending on your own style, this will either be a challenge to be met or something you should avoid. Personally, I love the challenge and like that I am constantly learning something new here.

Continue reading
  9. "Such a Blessing to Work at Clearwater"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity, Job Security, Winning Culture, Incredible Co-Workers, Intellectually Stimulating, Industry Exposure, Growth, Truly Valuable Offering, Professional Development

Cons

None. With growth comes challenges, but I'll take a fast paced, evolving company over a company that has stagnated or is downsizing every time.

July 6, 2020Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for such a show of confidence. The proof lies in the pudding as they say, and we thank you for being a part of CW for such a long time and helping us grow. We acknowledge there are challenges associated with our rate of growth, we are trying to make sure our employees have access to the best in class Learning and Development tools to help them overcome the fast changing landscape and cope with the unique situation of being fully remote. Stay safe.

10. "With Hyper Growth Comes Great Opportunities."

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Boise, ID

I have been working at Clearwater Analytics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Accelerated career progression. Rapid growth. Freedom to try new ideas. Interacting with the world's most influential Investment Professionals. Working with the Gold Standard product in the industry. Travel the world.

Cons

Clearwater was a startup company and has been transitioning into corporate profile. With this comes many positives, but it has been a slight change for those who have been with Clearwater 5+ years.

Found 195 reviews