Clearwire Reviews | Glassdoor

Clearwire Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • All the great people who were committed to joint success (in 10 reviews)

• In technical support the work environment was awesome (in 9 reviews)

Cons

"If you are thinking about working here, RUNNNNN"

Former Employee - Indirect Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Indirect Account Executive in Boston, MA

Pros

- Decent pay is you are friends with your manager
    - Never boring because it's always changing
    - In Boston, great local support staff

Cons

- Insane hours Mon-Fri 730am-8pm Sat 10am-5pm ever week.
    - Poor Communication
    - Rude and abusive managers
    - Actual quote from a Regional General Manager- "You should feel like a bad person. If you can't exceed your quota, why are you here"

Advice to Management

- Become respectful of your employees.
    - Stop the corporate fraud with credit checks
    - Improve work life balance
    - Hire competent people
    - Build a better network

"Self Serving"

Former Employee - MGT in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - MGT in Reno, NV

Pros

Good compensation and benefits packages at the time I was there.

Cons

Support and promotion skewed to those who blindly follow corp leadership. "Are you on the bus?" I saw some really bright people crushed for having independent thought that would have lead to better success for the company. Loopholes and games to move out anyone who supported those who weren't "on the bus". Craig McCaw would have lost a lot of sleep if he'd realized how his Cellular One culture was folded, spindled and mutilated by Clearwire leadership. A lot of his old employees went to Clearwire seeking a similar experience and were sorely disappointed! I am a consummate team player and I was really amazed at the priorities and people that were canonized.

Advice to Management

Look beyond those who kiss up. There are at least 3 sides to every situation.

"I feel as though a different picture was painted for me when I was first offered my job."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Kirkland, WA

Pros

The benefits are really good.

Cons

No room for promotion. Raises/promotions not fairly given. Expected to work 10+ hour days.

"Worst company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Account Services Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Account Services Representative in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

The medical, dental, paid vacation & sick leave are the only good things this company has to offer

Cons

Poor management; Not informative; Revolving door; Thousands of employees in, thousands out. No job security there. Volatile environment; Hostile workplace

Advice to Management

Clean out your current managers at the Las Vegas Call Center; They made an uncomfortable atmophere to work in!

"A pathetic company to work for"

Former Employee - Business to Business Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business to Business Account Executive in Houston, TX

Pros

They offerred great pay and benefits package.

Cons

A pathetic company with a ridiculously high attrition rate and shaky sense of direction as a whole (as you can see from the every day reports). Hired us and laid us off like dogs and later admitted they gave did not even give us the proper tools necessary in order to succeed (which I can assure you they didn't). Had 3 job offers at time of. Made the worse decision of my life to take theirs.

Advice to Management

Recognize people and the company's ineffieciencies as a whole to hopefully better succeed in the future.

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - General Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Dynamic and fast moving work environment

Cons

Overworked, stressfull, no support from management, no communication.

Advice to Management

Work on communication skills

"Beware new launch markets... this company will use and abuse you"

Former Employee - B2B Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - B2B Account Executive in Austin, TX

Pros

If you only need a job for 6 months, the salary and benefits are OK and they hire lots of people when they launch a new market.

Cons

When Clearwire launched their Austin market for CLEAR mobile internet, they hired around 100 field sales reps and 13 Business to Business Account Execs. They made everyone "Exempt" so they can push you to work 50-60 hours per week and not pay overtime.

The Business Sales Manager resigned in 2 1/2 months. The General Manager was terminated at 3 months.

When I gladly handed my resignation after 5 months, there were only about 3 B2B reps and only 30 field reps.... most quit because of the long hours without overtime compensation.

Initial Sales goals were reasonable and obtainable. The quota's triple after 6 months... not obtainable and I believe this is intentional to reduce the sales force post launch.

CLEAR over-hires to launch a new market to get maximum exposure, knowing they will scale back the work force in 6 months to 30% of the original launch hires. BEWARE

8. "Horrible, no respect amongst employees and managers!"

Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

The pay is good
    Benefits are good
    Incentive plans are good if you can hit them

Cons

No respect from employees
    No respect from managers
    Do not work with educational schedules
    No advancement incentives
    Incentives are unobtainable
    Effective orientation
    Managers do not listen to employees

Advice to Management

Need to work on listen to employees, also compensation plan for telesales representatives need to be reevaluated. The floating incentive program to meet monthly sales quotas is very ineffective because you will always have half your employee not making monthly quota and half of them being compensated. This is not motivating at all and the turn-over rate in your organization will continue to climb to higher rates and will cause your organization to continually to lose money.

"One hand of Senior Management not knowing what the other hand is doing CLEARly describes what was going on here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The colleagues I had the privilege of working with are the best in the business. The creative collaboration was 2nd to none.

Cons

It took 6 weeks to hire me and 3 weeks to lay me off during a nationwide 15% workforce reduction. Why hire me? Why was there not a hiring freeze? How can you carelessly manipulate peoples lives like that during what is already a tragic and tight economy?

Advice to Management

I hope your 35 suites at the Venetian Hotel in LV and 35 entry tickets to the CES was well worth the salary of a few of the 630 talented employees you let go November 4. You are a cash burning cow operation with no care to your shareholders...

"Potential was there in the beginning, but investors and employees left scratching their heads in the end."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Exciting new product when it works
    Product has potential to help people
    Many talented people work at Clearwire, but I believe that's because jobs were few and far between when the company began growth cycle

Cons

No communication
    Cross functional teams & departments were seldom on the same page
    Sales people had unrealistic goals
    Sales managers had personal agendas and fired ethical and talented sales people in favor of sub-par performers who were more likely to give the sales manager high-fives and use the word "awesome" a lot
    Strategy was a moving target and impossible to frame plan around
    Typical start up environment who was careless spending "other people's" money without accountability
    95% of the staff I worked with didn't even use the product at home due to unreliability

Advice to Management

You have very talented people on staff but the lack of long-term strategy (beyond stitching up your own golden parachute) will ultimately seal the fate of the organization.