Cleary Building Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sean Cleary

Pros
  • Friendly work environment, plenty of opportunity for those looking to take on responsibility and advance their career (in 6 reviews)

• Good Pay and benefits for managers (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • If you cannot be held accountable, seek employment elsewhere (in 2 reviews)

• Wouldnt trust office personnel and workers with my SS (in 2 reviews)

1. "Building Specialist"

I worked at Cleary Building Corp. full-time

Pros

Flexibility of time. Able to manage your day without someone looking over your shoulder.

Cons

Commission not as advertised. Have to play service manager for past employees.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive at the remote locations

2. "Cleary"

I worked at Cleary Building Corp. full-time

Pros

It's a solid company, they are self-funded through the Cleary family.

Cons

Your compensation as a salesperson is mostly based on commissions. But you don't get paid until AFTER the building is erected. If the construction crew took too many hours to build it, your commission goes down.

Advice to Management

Take a look at how your competitors (i.e. Morton, FBI, Graber, etc) operate their sales staff. Their employee turn-over is not as bad as Cleary.

"Be cautious"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I worked at Cleary Building Corp. (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent enough benefits, casual dress

Cons

Reviews are accurate. Beware the revolving door.

Nov 28, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Cleary Building Corp. values each and every employee. We are quite certain who posted this review. This employee was recently reprimanded twice and then quit without notice. The “revolving door” was ... More

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time

Pros

Unrealistic reality with dealing with corp.. good pay if you have good crews.

Cons

There is zero loyalty with this company. You can get 6 years in a row sales awards and the next month they are docking your pay cause you are behind budget.

Advice to Management

Little loyalty and a pat on the back goes along ways.

6. "Field Crew Member"

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time

Pros

Pay is good, hours are plentiful, and the benefits package is really pretty nice; affordable vision and dental, and three different options for health insurance. Per diem paid while away from home. No two days are ever the same, and the company vehicles all seem to be newer models, so there is little worry of getting stranded on the jobsite.

Cons

Lots of travel, so you may go a week or two without seeing your wife/kids. The work is also pretty labor intensive, as one might expect. Rain can really throw a wrench in the schedule, and sometimes foremen/managers can really ride your @$$. A lot of field guys are also pretty rough cut dudes, so the work environment can be unnecessarily crude.

Advice to Management

Expand the training for new guys to reduce crew member turnover; the work is hard, but a lot of guys probably quit because they don't like getting yelled at all the time when they are still just trying to learn the ropes. Also, a more predictable 401k match than "maybe we will contribute something" would be great.

"laborer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good way to get physically fit

Cons

Downsides to working with Cleary Builders is that one must have an open schedule to meet the demands.

Sep 14, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We believe this review is not from an employee of our company. We have no locations in or around Houston, TX, or even within 570 miles of this person. In addition, we don’t understand what the ... More

"Office Manager"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Clinton, IL
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Clinton, IL

I worked at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Un-supervised management of the office.

Cons

Many hours with nothing to do. Turnover of Branch Managers made it difficult to know what was expected

Advice to Management

Keep a traveling crew to repair buildings as needed instead of making clients wait or not have repairs. Base Branch Manager 1st year success on more than just sales.

Jun 16, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We believe this post comes from a former Branch Secretary, not office manager. Each branch has a Branch Manager that runs the office and oversees the Secretary’s work. We rely on our people to act ... More

9. "Family is better"

Former Employee - Leadman in Garland, UT
    Former Employee - Leadman in Garland, UT

I worked at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is great and competitive

Cons

Some office personnel are greedy

10. "Easy to advance if you put the effort in!"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Lead in Verona, WI
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Lead in Verona, WI

I have been working at Cleary Building Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great, we all work as a team to get the same result. Never had a problem with policies and procedures that have been in place for many years. I have been here for 2 1/2 years and went from an accounts payable associate to the lead in my department. I love my job! Fast paced you are always busy!

Cons

Wish there was more paid time off, but I think two weeks off is adequate, when I started you had to wait a full year to get holiday pay. This has since been changed. I don't have any real cons, the company has treated me really well especially with little experience in my profession.

May 12, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Dear Easy to Advance: I agree, the team in Accounts Payable is great. But it has been your eagerness to learn and dedication to the team that made your advancement at Cleary Building Corp easy ... More

"Bad reviews are accurate"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Verona, WI
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Verona, WI

I worked at Cleary Building Corp. full-time

Pros

Not much to say here. Had a truck that I could use for limited personal use, which was nice

Cons

Arrogant attitude. Micro management. If you have ever seen Office Space, this is "TPS" reports times 100. The CEO actually sits and reads articles from magazines and newspapers during weekly conferences because he thinks his employees are too stupid to know what is going on in the world. Turnover is the worst I have ever heard of. You have to pay for your expenses and if they get around to it you might see payment in 3 weeks. If you miss a line on the form they deny it completely and you are stuck with having bought ex. 2x4's for a job because you are past the window to turn expense forms in to resubmit it. They claim they are debt free, but owing employees money is debt. I could go on and on, but hopefully I have said enough to keep someone from making the mistake I did.

Advice to Management

Start over.

Apr 7, 2016 – Marketing Manager

I would like to start our response by saying that this person is lying about who they are. That should tell you something right off the bat. This was not posted by a Branch Manager in Verona because ... More