Clement Pappas & Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Mark McNeil

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Growing company with exciting opportunities!"

Current Employee - Finance in Carneys Point, NJ
    Current Employee - Finance in Carneys Point, NJ

I have been working at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive Pay and Benefits. The performance of the company has been great and reflective in the bonuses. Lots of employee perks - Juice, Jeans, Parties, Pizza, Summer Hours, Wellness programs. The company has won multiple awards for best places in the area to work (in the last year...based on employee reviews!). The company is very focused on growth and employee development. If you are motivated, there are many challenges available and opportunities to move up. I just referred a friend to the company (Proof that I do think it's a great company!)

Cons

Great place for someone building a career. If you are not committed, you may find it challenging and too fast paced. A few disgruntled employees keep bashing the company on Glassdoor (multiple post from the same person clearly evident and a flaw in Glassdoor Website). Not indicative of the employee moral.

Advice to Management

Continue to build work/life balance into the culture of the business.

Mar 9, 2017 – Director, Talent Management

Thank you for this wonderful feedback!

We believe our amazing talent is what differentiates us as an organization. Our focus on employee growth and development is what has helped us move from a... More

"Difficult Environment"

I worked at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time

Pros

Successful Company, very unlikely to fail or commit bankruptcy.

Cons

Environment just downright uncomfortable. Afraid of being criticized for too much "free time discussion," but not everybody held to the same standard. Communication if you are not performing well is poor, usually not discussed until year end review.

Advice to Management

Treat people equally to the same standards.

Sep 8, 2017 – Director, Talent Management

Appreciate the feedback.

As a successful and continuously growing company, we try our best to create a work environment in which our employees feel comfortable, have the ability to be their best... More

"A great place with an eye on contiuning to make it better."

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time

Pros

As I write this review, the corporate office is hosting a Mardi Gras themed lunch party to celebrate our achievements in charitable contributions for 2016. Bonus checks for all employees are being paid out this Friday and last Friday the company sponsored a ski trip and allowed employees to make up time during the week to leave early that day to attend. Its not uncommon for things like this to be happening across the company and that's just a snapshot. You're expected to work hard but I don't think any company's senior management wouldn't expect that. There's a great deal of us who think LPC is an awesome place to work and its frustrating to see some of the negative reviews that have been posted recently.

Cons

Everything feels like an urgent fire drill and there's often a cover yourself type of mentality in email correspondence.

Advice to Management

Keep finding unique ways to get employees engaged and better prioritize need to haves and nice to haves. With a business growing the way LPC is, its difficult to make sure every single initiative is being accomplished.

Sep 8, 2017 – Director, Talent Management

We really appreciate this feedback and couldn't agree more!

The engagement of our employees is one of the most important focus areas of Lassonde Pappas. Whether its the Mardi Gras lunch, and ice... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Carneys Point, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales in Carneys Point, NJ

I have been working at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work. Is is a fast paced, dynamic environment. There are consistent changes to meet the needs of the employees. Including jeans every day, summer hours, significant individual development programs, social responsibility campaigns, a promote from within policy, monthly employee events, and monthly all employee town halls where you can ask the CEO whatever you want (where he gives hockey tickets away to the best question). Recently the company was nominated as one of the best companies in NJ.

This company keeps growing and it has an engaged work force. The issue with Glass door is it is a place for a small minority of either current or past employees who have a gripe to make up and exaggerate their experiences. This is not a place for folks who want to work their 8 without caring or having passion for what they do. If you want to work for a growing company, that cares for its employees then this is the place for you.

Cons

Sometimes we try to do too much. Stay focused on the path forward. Stop doing the nice to do tasks.

Advice to Management

The changes have been great and there is nothing but a bright future for those people that are passionate about what they do.

"Bad place to work"

I have been working at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free juice and coffee.
    Summer hours

Cons

Everyone I talk to in the office hates this place. Most of us are looking for other jobs. Management dumps tons of work on us because we don't have enough people and they won't hire more to help. Many of the upper managers will lie to you in order to motivate you. They did that with bonuses last year and do it all the time when trying to make you take extra work.
    Only suck ups get promoted.

Advice to Management

You need to get rid of the toxic people in charge who make this place terrible day in and day out.

"There are much better places to work. Not recommended."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carneys Point, NJ

I worked at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees get really into Halloween by dressing up and decorating

Cons

Watch out if you join here. Everyone is leaving for a reason. The U.S. CEO has very poor leadership abilities. He manages by fear and gives unrealistic timelines for turning around work. He lacks people skills and is highly judgmental if you do not fit the mold he looking for (look, weight, age, etc). There are others in leadership that also lack people skills and contribute to the poor culture.

Advice to Management

Become more open minded, inclusive, accepting of diversity and listen to input from the employees.

Mar 15, 2017 – President and CEO

Thank-you for taking the time to give me your feedback. Although tough to hear, it is appreciated and will ultimately help make me a better leader and more importantly, Lassonde Pappas a great place... More

"Forget it"

I have been working at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The paychecks clear on time

Cons

Upper management is full of bullies with ego problems
    Huge turnover
    Terrible culture, but they will tell you the problem is with you

Advice to Management

My boss told me to post a fake positive review to help prop up their poor Glassdoor score.
    Stop trying to make it look like this is a decent place to work, and put some effort into actually making it one.

Mar 10, 2017 – Director, Talent Management

We appreciate the feedback and we're glad that our paychecks are paid on time.

In regards to the Glassdoor reviews, you are correct, we absolutely encourage our employees to post reviews, whether... More

"sales"

I have been working at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time

Pros

You get paid on time and that about it

Cons

They are telling people to put false reviews on Glassdoor

"Happy to Be Gone"

I worked at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time

Pros

Health benefits, work life balance, co-workers, office space

Cons

Poor management with superiority complexes who lack effective leadership skills, only favored employees can make mistakes without repercussions, excessive turnover, very top heavy, sad company changed so drastically

Advice to Management

Many managers fail to show respect and value others, learn how to motivate not berate and demoralize, focus more on selling and less on terminations, turnover costs the company much more than realized , a person who feels appreciated will always do more than expected

Mar 9, 2017 – Director, Talent Management

We appreciate the feedback and agree, free juice and fresh fruit everyday is a definite positive and only a taste of the wonderful aspects of life at Lassonde Pappas.

We are sorry that you didn't... More

"only good if you fit in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pennsville, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pennsville, NJ

I have been working at Clement Pappas & Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good 401k, insurance, holiday party, summer party, get to leave at noon on fridays in the summer, nice people, small so you will know most people.

Cons

a lot of people quit/get fired. they promised hourly employees bonuses in 2016, we didn't get them and they back tracked and said its effective 2016, but we wont get one until 2017. it is very cliquey in some departments, if the managers don't love you good luck moving up in the company. senior management keeps pushing everyone to do more, plants are filled up and over worked, stress over supply issues. improper training. they write people up as proof of you being a bad employee when they want to fire you.

Advice to Management

correctly train all employees, equal opportunity to move up. start listening and caring enough to ask about employees needs. don't ask for feedback if you aren't willing to listen.

Mar 9, 2017 – Director, Talent Management

Thanks for the feedback! As you mention, we do have a lot of great benefits and talent working at Lassonde Pappas that we are very proud of.

However, I'm sorry to hear that you've had some... More