Cleveland Christian Home Reviews | Glassdoor

James M. McCafferty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Review of CCH"

I worked at Cleveland Christian Home full-time

Pros

Had decent pay for administrative roles. The work life balance was good.

Cons

Lots of turnover including admin positions. Leadership changed often. No camaraderie amongst workers. Communication was non existent at times.

Advice to Management

Get leaders who understand small non profits and are not so top heavy in salary. If you want to paid on that level and have those kind of perks CCH is not for you. Take care of your line staff and treat them with respect and as adults. Create a work space that is inclusive. Find out why you have high turnover and not just make the determination that the job is difficult see what can be done to make employees feel safe at work.

Cleveland Christian Home Response

Oct 10, 2017 – Sr. HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your opinion and suggestion. Management along with HR is in the process of implementing a committee to address these concerns and others.

2. "Worst Group Home"

Current Employee - Youth Worker
    Current Employee - Youth Worker

I have been working at Cleveland Christian Home full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Cleveland Christian Home is a horrible place to work. The building is filty and it is infested with bed bugs and rats. The children are mistreated and physically abused. The pay is horrible. You will never leave work on time....DONT BOTHER APPLYING unless your desperate.

Cons

All the cons are to many ti list just don't apply you will regret it. They need to shut this place down.

Advice to Management

Retire because your awful and disrespectful. Worst

Cleveland Christian Home Response

Oct 10, 2017 – Sr. HR Generalist

Thank you for expressing concerns over our clients. We are constantly monitored and audited by the County/ODJFS in regards to our client care and such concerns have never surfaced. In addition... More

3. "Great company vision"

Current Employee - Community Based Therapist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Community Based Therapist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Cleveland Christian Home full-time

Pros

Co workers are great! The work really means a lot for the kids and families.

Cons

Poor salary. Poor raises. Low morale. No opportunities for advancement. No work/ life balance

Advice to Management

Show more compassion towards your employees and their needs for their families just as you do for the clients

4. "My Cleveland Christian Home Experience"

Former Employee - Youth Worker in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Youth Worker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Christian Home (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a chance to work with at risk children to try to make a difference. You also get to work a lot of overtime hours.

Cons

If you are a new employee the older employees will run to the supervisors and tell everything that you are doing. A very cliquish environment. Management believes what the older employees tell them. Management also wants you to be a hardcore bully to the kids that have already been bullied all their lives. Beware of the employees working around you. I did not trust anyone. CCH is not a family oriented environment it is more like working with "cutthroats". CCH is just like a temp agency. You're here today and gone tomorrow.

Advice to Management

Don't be so quick to listen to your "snitches". Be able to listen to new employees more and maybe CCH wont be a revolving door with employees constantly leaving and new employees hired every week, CCH has a reputation of no one staying at that job and the company doesn't want to pay any benefits. Other at-risk facilities are a family oriented team player environment. CCH is a "pull you down" "cutthroat" environment. The company is as good as who is running it at the top. New employees should feel welcomed into a place of business and not feel like they have to be looking over their shoulder and working with "sharks". Young professional just out of college with a degree will not want to look at a company that runs itself like this one.

5. "Residential Youth Worker"

Former Employee - Residential Youth Worker in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Residential Youth Worker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Christian Home (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an employee friendly job.

Cons

Attendance policy is not enforced well enough. Employees show up to work to relieve you late everyday.

Advice to Management

Be more stern about the attendance policies.

6. "A mistake to have returned a second time"

Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Cleveland Christian Home part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'd be hard-pressed to make some positive statements based upon the culture and what I know of the personalities and the competencies of some of the management team. And I am positive perhaps the sentiments are mutual.

Cons

The more things change, the more they remain the same

Advice to Management

Things don't always appear to be what they are. Fear to verbalize the reality of things will always be the downfall of an organization.