Found 182 of over 275 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Clevertech
Got a burning question about Clevertech? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Clevertech employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Fully remote, autonomy, trust, great perks, culture" (in 28 reviews)
- "You'll also meet many great people from around the world who are always willing to help." (in 16 reviews)
- "good company and good salary" (in 14 reviews)
- "The culture team is always worried about how you are and open to hear you." (in 6 reviews)
- "3) Training" (in 5 reviews)
- "No benefits beyond flexible days off" (in 14 reviews)
- "And that is why some feedback is bad related to the CEO, b/c he will ask you questions (if you are afraid of that, change it or do not join CT)" (in 9 reviews)
- "Our market is growing and we don't need to bow down to rude management that actually needs us to keep making money." (in 9 reviews)
- "Maybe, better communication to all the areas." (in 8 reviews)
- "1) The pay is well below market rates." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Clevertech and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Oct 14, 2023Product AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
-Supportive culture -Fully remote -Support training -Grow within product -Lots of diverse projects
-Benefits could be better but it is fully remote1
- 1.0Oct 7, 2023Product AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
The salary if you live in a poor country and the flexible worktime.
- They don't know what a methodology is. - They charge you with a lot of overtime without any payment - They force you to do their "culture" way - They hire people that only sell smoke - If you are foreigner you never will reach a high rank in this company. - The most important value for Clevertech is THE MONEY. - They bribe you with benefits if you post good reviews on Glassdoor - They use the people as "things" no people. - The culture "couches" are people without any diploma related with human resources, psychology or similar. If you want to work as slave and be fired in any moment in stressful and bad managed project, Clevertech is your place16
- 3.0Apr 25, 2023Senior DevOps EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The culture team does a great job. They try people to get ownership in the company.
Although we all know we are contractors, they can fire you at any moment in any day. No transitions, no notice, no nothing. I had problems with the customer they assigned me, i was not an isolated case, almost all the team received a bad treatment from the customer. In despite all of us let them know, they did nothing. I asked for a project movement, waited for 10 months and they just fired me. The vacations policy says you cannot accumulate vacations days on the years, but if you cannot take vacations during the year because of the workload and then you're fired, they wont pay you anything about the days you could not take. That's how they reward dedication.24Clevertech Response4mo
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value the feedback and are committed to understanding different perspectives to improve our operations. Although we are contractors, we do our best to maintain open lines of communication and provide feedback whenever necessary to avoid abrupt terminations. When team members are faced with challenges, we encourage them to speak up even though immediate resolutions may not always be possible. Many of our team members take a vacation as long as they coordinate with their team and their client. We will evaluate individual cases where accrued vacation days couldn't be utilized due to unforeseen circumstances to ensure fair consideration.
- 1.0Jun 1, 2023Financial ControllerFormer Employee, less than 1 year
None that I can think of.
For a company that touts Remote work and work-life balance, that couldn't be further from the truth. This company is very specifically looking for work horses to come in and know exactly how to do it their way with no training and little room for growth or development. The leadership is the epitome of a toxic work environment - hostile, unprofessional. poor communication, minimal training or guidance, and doesn't accept boundaries. #didntperform because of extreme red flags that is not healthy for employees or teams. Run, don't walk, far away unless you want to be overworked while the execs make all the money and treat you like complete garbage.31Clevertech Response4mo
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience with us. We appreciate all feedback from our team members and take it seriously as we continuously strive to improve our work environment. Although we do our best to provide comprehensive training, we expect our staff to raise their hand to ask for help and take ownership of their learning journey. Clevertech is growing which means we don't always have every answer so we are looking for team members who are willing to grow alongside us and find the answers together. As long as you have a 6-hour overlap into Eastern time zones while your team is online and complete your work by the deadline, setting work hours shouldn't be an issue. Kuty and Michael are serious and fast-paced, we can understand how sometimes their brevity and no nonsense attitude can be taken for rudeness.
- 3.0May 8, 2023Devops EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
The company has nice, friendly and mostly professional people, so could be a good place to start and they hire people from everywhere to work remotelly, so it's a nice place to start. The salary is not the greatest, however not that bad. They offer decent amount of PTOs and other benefits which are nice, but they promised a yearly bonus of up to 2 salaries which ended up being a lie.
The CEO seemed like a fine person to be, however I had some encounters with his young president, who is kinda arrogant and covered some of his own mistakes by blaming me since the beginning.7Clevertech Response4mo
Thanks for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the remote benefits and building your professional global network! We have never promised a yearly bonus of up to 2 salaries and am not sure where you got this information. We will work with our teams to align communication so this does not happen again.
- 5.0Aug 3, 2023QA AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
I have been working here for almost a year and a half, and the experience has been incredible due to the culture, the team, and the overall environment that CT provides. The bonus is amazing, and the opportunity to travel and work simultaneously is on another level.
I've been fortunate to work with a super nice client, but it can vary.1Clevertech Response4mo
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're glad to know you're enjoying your time at Clevertech, feeling supported by the culture team, taking advantage of the remote work freedom, and like working with your client!
- 5.0Aug 31, 2023Fullstack DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
Great work environment. Opportunities to grow.
None so far. The company is great if you love and embrace remote working1
- 2.0May 28, 2023Senior DevOps EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Excellent culture, remote first, good salary and awesome bonus.
You are only a number. Fired you when your project finished before search for a new project. Sorry, but it is really bad.19Clevertech Response4mo
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We do our best to hire developers that have a variety of skills or are willing to learn a different tech after their project is finished to reduce the amount of developers waiting for a project. Sometimes, developers aren't willing to learn a new tech and we end up parting ways.
Clevertech Reviews FAQs
Clevertech has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 275 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Clevertech to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
71% of Clevertech employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Clevertech 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.