KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 165 of over 191 reviews

3.6
Clif Bar CEO Sally Grimes
Sally Grimes
Pros
  • "Great Place to Work, Great Benefits, Amazing Culture(in 17 reviews)

• "Great Culture, Great Work Life Balance(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Slow to make decisions, innovation seems to be slowing, salaries low(in 7 reviews)

• "Respect, communication, opportunities for advancement are small(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Clif Bar and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Values-driven and family-friendly workplace

Nov 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Before joining the company I was worried about some of the recent negative Glassdoor reviews, but I am so glad I decided to join the company. The people at Clif are some of the kindest people I have ever met, and I continue to be impressed by how much the company focuses on our wellbeing. The benefits are top-notch (I am still learning about all the perks the company offers) and are especially great for people looking to start a family or who already have children. From what I've seen so far, the new leadership team is taking a strategic approach to growing the business while staying true to the values that make Clif so special.

Cons

Because of the pandemic and change in leadership, there seems to have been some change fatigue. The hardest part of the changes are over, the future vision and strategy are clear, and now we are entering a phase of growth. It's an exciting time to be a part of the company!

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rounding the Corner - Opportunities Ahead

Nov 19, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clif Bar has come through enormous amounts of change in the past 18 months and is poised to leap frog forward. Our new leadership team of top notch CPG executives, a highly experienced board of directors, and a combination of new and old Clifsters are aligning to move forward together. No doubt, it's been a hard year+ with shifts from COVID, new strategies and an organizational restructure but all of it was necessary to set the company up for the future. Personally I am energized by what is ahead as much as I am proud of where we've come from. Our 5 Aspirations and the amazing people that work here continue to be at the center. I believe our contributions will only get stronger.

Cons

Experiencing growing pains as new team members and new executives onboard. Finding our way forward with remote and hybrid work is a challenge but not one unique to Clif.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Heartbreakers - and for what?

Nov 13, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, coworkers who care about you personally, good hours

Cons

As a young, ambitious, LOYAL employee who started within the adjustment of the pandemic, I was looking for direction and chance to grow and better myself as someone new to the workforce. Didn’t even get an end of the year review in 2020. Since we didn’t see raises and bonuses with covid they nixed the process entirely (?) and I had to fight to get any type of formal review, where I could tell where I shined and went above and beyond my job description. This is still something that upsets me as I was part of the layoff - which absolutely gutted me. I mean what a mess. If we had had any sort of formal processes in place, the person who let me go (3 level above me and missing from the day-to-day work) would have understood that for everyone under him, I was being propped up to lead in the next 10 years. Fun fact- my boss didn’t even know I was let go until I told him, lol the disrespect. Honestly now that I have more experience under my belt, I’m glad I’m not still there. The culture was very wholesome but getting good work done takes hard work - not something that we did a lot at Clif lol. Well, I did, but many people weren’t. You could take off “less than half a day” without taking PTO, so people took advantage. You would never schedule a meeting before 10 because that’s just “too early for Clifsters”. And those hour company meetings every Thursday? I’m sorry, but a waste of time - especially since the new board joined it felt inauthentic and sad. My family and friends eat KIND bars now, sorry, not sorry. You broke my heart.

6 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Overall a Good Place to Work

Nov 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incentives, family-oriented, inclusive, benefits, work environment

Cons

boring, long work days, repetitive

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company W - With Values You Can Support

Nov 1, 2021 - Program Wellness Manager in Emeryville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company lead by strong company values that are good for the company, employees and the environment.

Cons

Going thru growing pains currently

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Company of Change

Oct 21, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Private, 5 aspirations, Good Culture, Organic, Gives Back, Benefits

Cons

Corporate, Untruthful Leadership, Salaries, employee valuation, ability to listen to consumers.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Intentions, Faulty Execution

Nov 2, 2021 - Senior Manager in Emeryville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company Values, great co-workers and supportive maternity leave plan, strong new executive team. Company has the potential to be a leader in the category again if it will let experts it hired do their jobs

Cons

Little diversity in middle management. Salary, career growth plans, decision making. Senior leadership spends too much time managing up to get promoted leaving their people underneath to work incredibly hard for little recognition

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

CLIF Bar

Oct 4, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

CLIF truly cares about its employees and is building a legacy brand.

Cons

Human Resources does not understand large-scale complexities.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great to good

Aug 5, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clif had some great benefits (generous time off, opportunity to travel, free product) and a great culture focused on doing good and improving the world.

Cons

COVID caused a significant challenge to the business which coincided with a new CEO / board and reorg. This also resulted in a hiring freeze which lasted almost a year and a half, and ultimately drove me to leave in search of new opportunities. There was a lot of swirl and changing strategies during the pandemic which made it hard to rally around and look to the future.

6 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing

Jul 26, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Emeryville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Leadership and environment. The people at clif are truly one of a kind.

Cons

Leadership is slow to react to trends and recognize when something is more than a trend.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 165 Reviews