Clinical Pathology Laboratories Reviews | Glassdoor

Clinical Pathology Laboratories Reviews

Updated Feb 23, 2020

2.9
Clinical Pathology Laboratories President David Schultz (no image)
David Schultz
Pros
  • "Pay is decent but you’ll get the lowest raise possible and it will be months after you’re supposed to get it(in 7 reviews)

• "Interesting clinical cases, overall fun work environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hourly wages aren't competitive to the other major labs on the same scale as CPL(in 8 reviews)

• "Stressful, busy, too much work and not enough people, incompetent upper management, no room for growth(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place to grow"

I have been working at Clinical Pathology Laboratories part-time

Pros

Supportive people, smart pathologists to learn from

Cons

Culture is more like your typical office, nothing wrong with that just no over the top perks

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2018-08-24
  2. "CPL"

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Clinical Pathology Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good to get experience working with high volume and different departments

Cons

Little to no training you have to figure it out on your own Have been known to fire people over ego Overworked and no appreciation

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2020-02-23
  3. "Eh it was whatever"

Current Employee - Continuous Improvement Engineer

I have been working at Clinical Pathology Laboratories full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning and exposure. Experience gained.

Cons

Better management and actual experienced new hires

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2020-01-22

"Data entry department was awful"

I worked at Clinical Pathology Laboratories

Pros

Decent night differential pay Willing to train Weekends off but if you work nights on a Friday you're sleeping all day Saturday so technically not

Cons

After training you have to stay past your schedule shift time if the work is not complete Very little room for errors-one misspelling is an automatic write up Repetitive work that feels mindless I didn't feel like I was doing anything efficient, just typing for 8 hours The supervisor doesn't bother getting to know employees, I felt like I was on thin ice the entire time and working with robots Overall not a great atmosphere at all. There's a reason theres a high turnover rate.

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2019-11-15
  5. "Working for CPL has allowed for me to learn and gain experience in medical testing industry."

Current Employee - Employee

Pros

Decent employee benefits offered to all employees.

Cons

Pay is not on par with companies that provide the same or similar services.

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2019-10-12
  6. "No loyalty to employees"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Clinical Pathology Laboratories full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

No pros exist at this company.

Cons

This company will expect you to put 101% into performing well. As soon as they realize they are compensating the employee for what they are worth, they will lay you off. They would choose to keep the less experienced employees, pay them less and get rid of the employees with excellent patient care and skills. They promote the employees who have no business being in management positions. The management were hourly employees whom had several complaints about them from clients due to lack of knowledge or skill or speaking to people in a unprofessional manner.

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2019-11-05
  7. "Could be better"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Clinical Pathology Laboratories full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A great group of people. Client services is on top if their game. My supervisor is wonderful and caring. Definitely goes out of her way for her employees also very flexible with employees.

Cons

Here are the negatives. Benefits are not cheap by any means, literally unaffordable. Hourly wages aren't competitive to the other major labs on the same scale as CPL. Trying to get a transfer is impossible. I've been waiting over 3 years to be transferred. So I'll be leaving CPL due to this reason. I'm too far from home to keep driving at the rate of pay they give out. And their raises aren't that good either. And they hire new employees at a better pay rate than the ones that have been there the longest. It's true. Turn over rate is high also

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2019-10-07
  8. "Good company"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Wichita Falls, TX

I have been working at Clinical Pathology Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is super helpful and great to work with.

Cons

Depending on site, a lot of down time.

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2019-08-27
  9. "Pretty great place to work"

Current Employee - Cerified Phlebotomist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Clinical Pathology Laboratories full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They will match your pay and great benefits

Cons

Only one day of orientation

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2019-08-13
  10. "Medical Courier"

Current Employee - Courier in Austin, TX

Pros

M-F schedule Drive around town, see different places Ok benefits

Cons

Incompetent management - no sense of common sense and are shocked when an avoidable problem occurs due to absurd new policies as of recent Annual raises don’t match the work you put in. About 25-35 cents per year. Management uses fear to “get work done”. Write ups are given out like candies however they seem very inconsistent in that. Do something minor and it’s a write, make a larger mistake and it’s a slap on the wrist. I could go on, the point is this is not the ramblings of a disgruntled employee. Unless you NEED this job in particular STAY AWAY! When I first started id have given this company a 4 star rating easily. It’s gone downhill unfortunately with no end in sight. Nothing but low morals and despair await you.

Clinical Pathology Laboratories2019-08-09