Clinical Professionals Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Consultant

2.8
Yvette Cleland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Poisonous compnay, twisted management."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

-They hire fantastic people
    -They offer breakfast
    -Good locations
    -Good marketing team

Cons

-Manipulative and misleading 'career paths'
    -Huge favouritism
    -Terrible commission structure
    -Management slate their teams to cover their mistakes
    -Unethical
    -Treat hard working staff members like machines
    -Pretend they are invested in staff for the long run
    -Incredibly moody senior management
    -Shoddy training
    -Huge turnover
    -Told that you 'owe' them for the opportunity they have 'given' you
    -Personal life is used to try and manipulate your decisions
    -Bully culture
    -Blame culture
    -Poor communication internally
    -Secretive internal communication
    -Scare tactics used to younger and inexperienced staff
    -Terrible inefficient legal team
    - Bad out dated contracts
    - A black hole of doom

Advice to Management

Take a look at how you treat people who work hard for not only their salary, but sometimes recognition from their peers. Not everyone works for the money that you are so adamant they each get up for in the morning. Where are these ethics you are so sure you base the running of your company on?!

2. ""Couldn't be less professional" more like!"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I forged some good friendships during my time here and Friday evenings at the pub with collegues were always popular. If you are a good biller you get rewarded occasionally.

Cons

Personal attacks about life are commonplace. The prospect of the next board meeting strikes the fear of God into you and whenever the boss walks towards your desk you can't help but imagine that you're about to get pulled aside for a "talk" about your performance for some ridiculous reason. Work/life balance is practically impossible when you do 10 hours a day plus the time to commute (and let's not forget that taking a full hour lunchbreak isn't really appreciated by the management team). No HR so you can't even voice your concerns or issues - not that you would be able to completely trust them anyway...

Advice to Management

Stop ruling by fear and start treating your employees with decency

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

There is actually no pros apart from the breakfast which is the same every week. Good luck to whoever can survive in that company.

Cons

Unprofessional, childish and no structure. Commission structure is terrible, no room for progression and management is an utter joke. If you want to waste your time go work for CP.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as people and listen to what they have to say.

"Recruitment Consultant's Experience"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great team management
    - Clear structure on career progression
    - 1 on 1 personal training and development
    - I am treated as an adult
    - No micromanagement
    - Good team structure
    - Fantastic office environment
    - My efforts are recognised e.g. got a bonus along with a very good meal at a top restaurant in London

Cons

None that I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work e.g. training.

"A Brilliant Business If You are focused, hard working and ambiteous"

Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The bad reviews on here are not accurate, the people writing them don't harm "senior managers" but people like me who love my job, company, work hard and achieve..I have been with the company for a couple of years. I am so fed up with the same old x employees writing and re-writing the same old rubbish. For a start we are all made aware at two meetings a year about what we are doing to grow (a summer party and Xmas party). Yes, we get quarterly bonus, we know that when we accept a job, so why is that a shock? We are a great business that has manageable KPI's (as long as you are not lazy). We are in the business of selling so have targets (how shocking, if you don't like targets work outside of sales). We have a great senior management team, they have worked really hard as we have grown. I love our plans for America and Europe. I understand my job and how to progress and respect the people I work with. This is a great company if you are a hard working, focused team player.

Cons

We keep failures too long and support them too much. Its funny because they all still want to turn up on a Friday night beers and mix with us. Well if we are that bad why? Why, because we are a great business that had a couple of rotten eggs.

Advice to Management

No one is perfect, but you are fair, hard working, supportive and really knowledgable.. I have not written on here before because I thought it was just anonymous nonsense for people who are not having to take responsibility for their rubbish. However, I have benefitted directly in my career and progression from all of the directors and CEO.

"Unfortunately the worst place I ever worked"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company does recruitment within the Pharmaceutical industry...

Within this there are various teams focusing on different areas of the business.

Some teams are good. If you are in a good team and you are good at your job everything can be great.
    The teams that have a steady flow of jobs and placements just keep things on track and bring in the money. It's easy. They are established and have a good reputation within these sectors.

The people are okay.

Cons

Some teams are terrible. The company has tried to diversify into other sectors, rather than focus on the sectors they are good at.

I was headhunted after being successful in previous roles.
    None of my previous experience was taken into account when I started and I was made to work in the fashion that they believe works best. Truth is... It doesn't.

I was never given the flexibility to utilise the skills that had worked well for me in the past... and I have extensive Business development experience.

I left a job where I was earning good money and making lots of placements and ended up shoehorned into a team that had been failing for long time. The air of negativity in this team was immense.

The team manager had no interest in trying to change this, they just continued to use the same failing methods in the hope that a miracle would occur. Anytime I suggested using the tactics that had worked in my previous roles I was basically told to shut up.

Also, there was so much emphasis on bringing on new clients, that we never got time to service clients properly.
    So basically, we would bring on a new client, not spend any time getting good candidates for them and ultimately damage the relationships, rather than nurture them.

My belief is that if you focus on a small number of clients and do a good job, this will expand, as you will get repeat business and have confidence in the service you can provide.

Everytime I called a new business, they told me that they had used CP in the past, they had a terrible experience and they would never use us again, unless they were desperate.

Also... The worst thing, was the fact that the company were not truthful about working hours, bonus structure, annual leave etc...
    I left my previous job on the back of all these promises and soon realised that I had been duped. Everyone else was on the same boat.

I was sacked from this role. Despite stating on several occasions that I was unhappy and was thinking of leaving several times, the managers asked me to stay and told me it would get better. Then... when I least expected it, they pulled the carpet out from under my feet.

When I left my confidence was low and the boss told me that I was terrible at business development and should think about another career.

Funnily enough, I'm now working at a company where I'm back to my usual patterns of smashing the targets and much happier. Earning more money in less hours and having a good time doing it.

CP was definitely a low point in my career.

Basically if you want a job in CP, go to the medics team. They have some average consultants that earn good money. The other teams have some great consultants that are on a sinking ship and haven't a hope of earning bonus because of the culture.

Advice to Management

Go out on the floor. Pick up a phone and do the same thing as you tell your consultants to do. See how it works.

"Great Company Great Culture"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at CP was the culture. The London office was a relaxed sales environment and there was a lot of banter between colleagues. Furthermore I had good training from my manager who struck the balance perfectly on being your leader as well as a friend.

Cons

There wasn't many disadvantages of working at CP, apart from the CRM system which I believe needs improving.

Advice to Management

Listen to the what the staff want and I'm sure the company can develop and grow.

8. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Ignore the bitter reviews they are in no way a representation of CP*. The career progression & development is at the forefront of their ideas and the people are the reason I used to come in to work every day.
    The company has an excellent reputation in the market and is growing year on year.
    Management work alongside lower level staff in a very open and flat culture. They listen to ideas so much so that during my time they permanently changed the 8-6hrs to 8.30-5pm (unusual for the rec. industry) based on employee feedback and those hrs still stand.

Cons

commission was being redesigned to be within market standards as I left.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing

"Horrendous company"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Holiday isn't too bad.
    Good location - Reading centre.
    1 hour lunch break.
    Breakfast provided.

Cons

No opportunity to progress.
    Terrible commission scheme.
    Most of each day is "core hours" - working like a robot, non stop voicemail messages.
    Told to lie to individuals to get them 'on the books'
    Poor managers with large egos - most are uni/school drop outs who couldn't get a decent job.

Advice to Management

Close down

"Terrible experience"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pays well; ideal location as right by the train station for commuters. Can't think of any other positives to mention.

Cons

Terrible management, you never feel you can approach line managers.
    Saw a mixture of line managers on Facebook and on their mobile phones quite regularly throughout the day.
    Never direct when conversing with you, always by email.
    High staff turnover, typical cutthroat recruitment environment.
    General sense that a lot of people want to leave resulting in people not really being motivated to work there.

Advice to Management

Don't moan about members of staff to other colleagues by email when people can see.