Clinical Professionals Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

London, England (UK)

3.6
Yvette Cleland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • development plans and career progression plans (in 5 reviews)

• Hard work is recognised even if results aren't achieved yet (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The commission structure is terrible - not motivating at all and only paid out quarterly (in 9 reviews)

• If you want to work long hours and be treated like a machine, there are definitely other agencies where you can do that and make more money (in 5 reviews)

"I love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since starting at Clinical Professionals it was quickly established this was a company I knew I wanted to stay. The support you receive from your managers, MDs and peers is second to none and there's no problem they're not happy to help you with. I enjoy coming in to work and leave feeling like I have achieved something great every day looking forward to the next. No achievement (little or large) goes un noticed and there's always encouragement and acknowledgement from my manager :-) the commission structure is great and I like working for a recruiter where the candidate is valued just as much (if not more) as the client.

Cons

I have none, I love my work, the people I work with and the fact that everyday no matter what problems may occur I leave feeling like I am fulfilling my potential.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work :-)

"Friendly, Fast growing, Exciting Company"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company is really friendly, with a very welcoming and supportive environment
    - Lots of exciting expansion plans that I've been able to get involved in and help with
    - Great progression opportunities (I've received 2x promotions and now managing a team)
    - Decent working hours + free breakfast

Cons

Really can't think of anything major, definitely one of the best companies I've worked for

Advice to Management

The current system works well, carry on keeping us informed on developments and keep up the good work.

"Awesome place to work with great career opportunities!"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working at CP, the people are great and the brand is well know and respected within the industry, I have been promoted twice in my time here and the support and training I got from day one was excellent.

Cons

Travelling to Central London every day (I used to work locally to home) however its worth it and the recently introduced flexible working hours have made this much more manageable....

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Great Company Great Culture"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at CP was the culture. The London office was a relaxed sales environment and there was a lot of banter between colleagues. Furthermore I had good training from my manager who struck the balance perfectly on being your leader as well as a friend.

Cons

There wasn't many disadvantages of working at CP, apart from the CRM system which I believe needs improving.

Advice to Management

Listen to the what the staff want and I'm sure the company can develop and grow.

"Good so far!"

Current Employee - Divisional Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having only joined a Division Manager in April, everything that was promised to me has so far been given.
    Having worked in several recruitment companies across different sectors, this is the first that has been a pretty mature environment.
    I have my targets, but they are achievable and fair and you're not micro managed.
    The option for drinks on a Friday is always there, but not compulsory.
    On the work side of things, the business has a good name within Industry, with some unique selling points with Skills Academy and Physician to Pharma and there are definitive career paths within the different entities of pharma recruitment.
    The company isn't just a "life science" or "pharma" recruiter. The different divisions (Medics, Scientific, Devices, Quality, Regulatory, Med Comms) provide the full scope of what a Top 10 Pharma or smaller Biotech would need in terms of staffing.
    With more offices opening in Europe and US there is definitely a lot of opportunity for recruiters that are willing to work for it.
    Seeing some other comments on here griping about "10 hour days" make me laugh...welcome to recruitment!

Cons

The office in London is grim and some of the IT infrastructure is a bit dated, but we are moving to nice new offices in St. Pauls on the 1st September so this will be rectified.

Advice to Management

I have had no problems with anyone, so keep doing what you are doing...

6. "Friendly, Fast growing, Exciting Company"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company is really friendly, with a very welcoming and supportive environment
    - Decent working hours means I have a life outside of work!

Advice to Management

7. "Great culture and people, well known within the industry and no added pressure. Top recruitment company!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

•Great culture and great people to work with, will make some good friends!
    •Not KPI driven
    •Known within the industry and has good relationships with companies
    •Recognised and awarded for achievements
    •Strong work/life balance 08:30am-5pm

Cons

•Management could give more direction, invest more time in you to progress
    •Clearer career progression
    •Commission structure as a consultant. Resourcer commission is standard.

Advice to Management

CP is an ideal company for first time recruiters and even experienced ones. Only suggestion would be to improve commission structure for consultants and make a clearer career path.
    Positive experience from my time here!

8. "Good people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can really make money here and have a career. They are expanding in the UK and internationally so lots of opportunity. They have a great position in the market so it is not the hardest thing in the world to get clients on board.

Cons

Its a growing business and is growing so that will have teething problems. There has been a bit of turn-over in the last year or 2 but that has really settled down now. Training is great but a bit unstructured.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your staff

"Clinical Unprofessionals"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good marketing. If you look at the company info it makes good impression and you may think this is a quality business... but that's where it ends.

Cons

- No training
    - Unprofessional management, bullying of employees and very bad work environment
    - "Zero-level" know how. They do not have a clue about recruitment in Europe and when I worked there hardly anyone was making sales. I really wondered at times where their profit was coming from... and if all these growth figures they quote as 'official' have anything to do with reality.
    - Long working hours with poor remuneration

Advice to Management

What kind of adice can you give to people who act unprofessionally and do not understand the business they work in? Try to find another job...?

"Worst Recruitment agency around"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good, level-headed individuals that worked there.

Cons

The commission structure is terrible - not motivating at all and only paid out quarterly. There was no support from seniors - Sink or swim mentality. The KPI's were unrealistic in today's market; there was no strategy or focus which made doing good business very difficult. If you want to work long hours and be treated like a machine, there are definitely other agencies where you can do that and make more money. Immature and unprofessional behaviour from upper management.
    The London office had very poor facilities.

Advice to Management

Consider what client's really want: e.g. sending 10 unsolicited CV's a day to a client is more of a hindrance than an effective business strategy. Also, treating your employees with respect and encouraging them goes a LOT further than kicking them when they're down. Favouritism is incredibly outdated and immature.