Clinical Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Yvette Cleland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • development plans and career progression plans (in 5 reviews)

• Hard work is recognised even if results aren't achieved yet (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The commission structure is terrible - not motivating at all and only paid out quarterly (in 9 reviews)

• If you want to work long hours and be treated like a machine, there are definitely other agencies where you can do that and make more money (in 5 reviews)

1. "Friendly, Fast growing, Exciting Company"

Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company is really friendly, with a very welcoming and supportive environment
    - Lots of exciting expansion plans that I've been able to get involved in and help with
    - Great progression opportunities (I've received 2x promotions and now managing a team)
    - Decent working hours means I have a life outside of work!

Cons

Really can't think of anything major, definitely one of the best companies I've worked for

Advice to Management

The current system works well, carry on keeping us informed on developments and keep up the good work.

"Falling Apart"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Join the right team and you're golden.

Some genuinely nice people.

Opportunities to learn about the healthcare industry.

Free fruit.

Cons

Not a great commission scheme even after recent reviews. Rec 2 Recs will either laugh when they hear about the commission structure or let out an audible gasp.

Management... where to begin. In reality, one person and one person only makes the decisions, the rest are there as Yes Men.

Absolutely awful at hiring anyone good, though this is a more recent problem. It’s a case of offering whoever is cheapest rather than most qualified.

Don’t expect a raise or a salary review without pushing for it repeatedly.

Being punished/penalised for failing to reach targets comes much more naturally than being praised for doing something good.

Don’t expect to feel valued.

Rampant culture of talking about people behind their backs.

Advice to Management

Address the morale of your employees.

Stop hiring awful people because they’re cheap. Pay the money to hire good recruiters and make them feel valued so they stay.

Consolidate your good employees and go back to really specialising instead of trying to expand and cover everything.

"Watch this space....."

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As I slowly advance towards my one year tenure at CP, the business has evolved considerably since my initial appointment. They are definitely not a 'high-street' recruiter, or a generalist recruitment agency that portrays an image of being a 'jack of all trades, master of none.' Respecting traditional recruitment practices remains at the forefront of all their activities, however they also possess the necessary drive and passion to challenge the current status quo - leading by example in a life sciences industry where maintaining a competitive edge has its distinct advantages.
    OK, so I'm not a typical recruiter - but this is not a typical agency. It's all about having the required skills set, the willingness to develop a fulfilling career, and the impetus to make money - the rest can be gained through a solid network of senior directors who invest both time and effort in developing consultants to attain their true potential.
    Never one to comment on my existing employers - this attempt at providing a small insight into the internal workings of CP really doesn't do justice to the organisation. As a comparator to my past employers - probably ranks in the top 3 - and that's a hard list to get on to.
    Inspiration stems from leadership - and that's my motivating factor in coming to work each and every day.

Cons

So what's wrong with the business?....I'll let you know when I find something.

Advice to Management

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

"Be Warned"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

Good induction into the pharmaceutical industry

Cons

Terrible company to work for. Similar to being back at high school. Management were more often than not cold, calculating and manipulative.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending how to run a business

"Good so far!"

Current Employee - Divisional Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having only joined a Division Manager in April, everything that was promised to me has so far been given.
    Having worked in several recruitment companies across different sectors, this is the first that has been a pretty mature environment.
    I have my targets, but they are achievable and fair and you're not micro managed.
    The option for drinks on a Friday is always there, but not compulsory.
    On the work side of things, the business has a good name within Industry, with some unique selling points with Skills Academy and Physician to Pharma and there are definitive career paths within the different entities of pharma recruitment.
    The company isn't just a "life science" or "pharma" recruiter. The different divisions (Medics, Scientific, Devices, Quality, Regulatory, Med Comms) provide the full scope of what a Top 10 Pharma or smaller Biotech would need in terms of staffing.
    With more offices opening in Europe and US there is definitely a lot of opportunity for recruiters that are willing to work for it.
    Seeing some other comments on here griping about "10 hour days" make me laugh...welcome to recruitment!

Cons

The office in London is grim and some of the IT infrastructure is a bit dated, but we are moving to nice new offices in St. Pauls on the 1st September so this will be rectified.

Advice to Management

I have had no problems with anyone, so keep doing what you are doing...

6. "Good people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can really make money here and have a career. They are expanding in the UK and internationally so lots of opportunity. They have a great position in the market so it is not the hardest thing in the world to get clients on board.

Cons

Its a growing business and is growing so that will have teething problems. There has been a bit of turn-over in the last year or 2 but that has really settled down now. Training is great but a bit unstructured.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your staff

7. "Glad to be working here!"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

professional with an approach of continuous improvement.
    great atmosphere with an inclusive and open culture.
    promotes internal progression and promotion from within.
    great benefits and working environment in a great location.
    fantastic rewards - ask the top performers who have just returned from Miami!
    development plans and career progression plans.

Cons

lack of on site parking but so close to station and town centre not really an issue.

Advice to Management

doing a great job of growing the business and looking for continuous development

8. "Great culture and people, well known within the industry and no added pressure. Top recruitment company!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

•Great culture and great people to work with, will make some good friends!
    •Not KPI driven
    •Known within the industry and has good relationships with companies
    •Recognised and awarded for achievements
    •Strong work/life balance 08:30am-5pm

Cons

•Management could give more direction, invest more time in you to progress
    •Clearer career progression
    •Commission structure as a consultant. Resourcer commission is standard.

Advice to Management

CP is an ideal company for first time recruiters and even experienced ones. Only suggestion would be to improve commission structure for consultants and make a clearer career path.
    Positive experience from my time here!

"Poisonous compnay, twisted management."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

-They hire fantastic people
    -They offer breakfast
    -Good locations
    -Good marketing team

Cons

-Manipulative and misleading 'career paths'
    -Huge favouritism
    -Terrible commission structure
    -Management slate their teams to cover their mistakes
    -Unethical
    -Treat hard working staff members like machines
    -Pretend they are invested in staff for the long run
    -Incredibly moody senior management
    -Shoddy training
    -Huge turnover
    -Told that you 'owe' them for the opportunity they have 'given' you
    -Personal life is used to try and manipulate your decisions
    -Bully culture
    -Blame culture
    -Poor communication internally
    -Secretive internal communication
    -Scare tactics used to younger and inexperienced staff
    -Terrible inefficient legal team
    - Bad out dated contracts
    - A black hole of doom

Advice to Management

Take a look at how you treat people who work hard for not only their salary, but sometimes recognition from their peers. Not everyone works for the money that you are so adamant they each get up for in the morning. Where are these ethics you are so sure you base the running of your company on?!

""Couldn't be less professional" more like!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I forged some good friendships during my time here and Friday evenings at the pub with collegues were always popular. If you are a good biller you get rewarded occasionally.

Cons

Personal attacks about life are commonplace. The prospect of the next board meeting strikes the fear of God into you and whenever the boss walks towards your desk you can't help but imagine that you're about to get pulled aside for a "talk" about your performance for some ridiculous reason. Work/life balance is practically impossible when you do 10 hours a day plus the time to commute (and let's not forget that taking a full hour lunchbreak isn't really appreciated by the management team). No HR so you can't even voice your concerns or issues - not that you would be able to completely trust them anyway...

Advice to Management

Stop ruling by fear and start treating your employees with decency