Clinical Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Clinical Professionals Reviews

3.2
Yvette Cleland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Lots of training provided and progression opportunities within the business" (in 4 reviews)

• "Working hours are more flexible than other companies" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The commission structure is terrible - not motivating at all and only paid out quarterly" (in 9 reviews)

• "If you want to work long hours and be treated like a machine, there are definitely other agencies where you can do that and make more money" (in 6 reviews)

"Great people, not so great management"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

Amazing people, athmosphere and fab CEO

Cons

Not clear progression pathway, big politics in the company promoting people who are loud rather then hard working, no home working opportunities

Advice to Management

Please make sure you don't loose more valuable people, so many left recently!

2. "Cut-throat company"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting sector, Candidates happy to chat compared to many others

Cons

No support while training, Employees opinions easily influenced higher management decisions, Long hours, little to no consideration from colleagues while you're on the phone to candidates- poor language

Advice to Management

Work closer with your colleagues.

3. "Friendly, Fast growing, Exciting Company"

Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company is really friendly, with a very welcoming and supportive environment
    - Lots of exciting expansion plans that I've been able to get involved in and help with
    - Great progression opportunities (I've received 2x promotions and now managing a team)
    - Decent working hours means I have a life outside of work!

Cons

Really can't think of anything major, definitely one of the best companies I've worked for

Advice to Management

The current system works well, carry on keeping us informed on developments and keep up the good work.

"Falling Apart"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Join the right team and you're golden.

Some genuinely nice people.

Opportunities to learn about the healthcare industry.

Free fruit.

Cons

Not a great commission scheme even after recent reviews. Rec 2 Recs will either laugh when they hear about the commission structure or let out an audible gasp.

Management... where to begin. In reality, one person and one person only makes the decisions, the rest are there as Yes Men.

Absolutely awful at hiring anyone good, though this is a more recent problem. It’s a case of offering whoever is cheapest rather than most qualified.

Don’t expect a raise or a salary review without pushing for it repeatedly.

Being punished/penalised for failing to reach targets comes much more naturally than being praised for doing something good.

Don’t expect to feel valued.

Rampant culture of talking about people behind their backs.

Advice to Management

Address the morale of your employees.

Stop hiring awful people because they’re cheap. Pay the money to hire good recruiters and make them feel valued so they stay.

Consolidate your good employees and go back to really specialising instead of trying to expand and cover everything.

"Watch this space....."

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As I slowly advance towards my one year tenure at CP, the business has evolved considerably since my initial appointment. They are definitely not a 'high-street' recruiter, or a generalist recruitment agency that portrays an image of being a 'jack of all trades, master of none.' Respecting traditional recruitment practices remains at the forefront of all their activities, however they also possess the necessary drive and passion to challenge the current status quo - leading by example in a life sciences industry where maintaining a competitive edge has its distinct advantages.
    OK, so I'm not a typical recruiter - but this is not a typical agency. It's all about having the required skills set, the willingness to develop a fulfilling career, and the impetus to make money - the rest can be gained through a solid network of senior directors who invest both time and effort in developing consultants to attain their true potential.
    Never one to comment on my existing employers - this attempt at providing a small insight into the internal workings of CP really doesn't do justice to the organisation. As a comparator to my past employers - probably ranks in the top 3 - and that's a hard list to get on to.
    Inspiration stems from leadership - and that's my motivating factor in coming to work each and every day.

Cons

So what's wrong with the business?....I'll let you know when I find something.

Advice to Management

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

"Be Warned"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

Good induction into the pharmaceutical industry

Cons

Terrible company to work for. Similar to being back at high school. Management were more often than not cold, calculating and manipulative.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending how to run a business

"Good so far!"

Current Employee - Divisional Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having only joined a Division Manager in April, everything that was promised to me has so far been given.
    Having worked in several recruitment companies across different sectors, this is the first that has been a pretty mature environment.
    I have my targets, but they are achievable and fair and you're not micro managed.
    The option for drinks on a Friday is always there, but not compulsory.
    On the work side of things, the business has a good name within Industry, with some unique selling points with Skills Academy and Physician to Pharma and there are definitive career paths within the different entities of pharma recruitment.
    The company isn't just a "life science" or "pharma" recruiter. The different divisions (Medics, Scientific, Devices, Quality, Regulatory, Med Comms) provide the full scope of what a Top 10 Pharma or smaller Biotech would need in terms of staffing.
    With more offices opening in Europe and US there is definitely a lot of opportunity for recruiters that are willing to work for it.
    Seeing some other comments on here griping about "10 hour days" make me laugh...welcome to recruitment!

Cons

The office in London is grim and some of the IT infrastructure is a bit dated, but we are moving to nice new offices in St. Pauls on the 1st September so this will be rectified.

Advice to Management

I have had no problems with anyone, so keep doing what you are doing...

"Good people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can really make money here and have a career. They are expanding in the UK and internationally so lots of opportunity. They have a great position in the market so it is not the hardest thing in the world to get clients on board.

Cons

Its a growing business and is growing so that will have teething problems. There has been a bit of turn-over in the last year or 2 but that has really settled down now. Training is great but a bit unstructured.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your staff

9. "Glad to be working here!"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

professional with an approach of continuous improvement.
    great atmosphere with an inclusive and open culture.
    promotes internal progression and promotion from within.
    great benefits and working environment in a great location.
    fantastic rewards - ask the top performers who have just returned from Miami!
    development plans and career progression plans.

Cons

lack of on site parking but so close to station and town centre not really an issue.

Advice to Management

doing a great job of growing the business and looking for continuous development

10. "Great culture and people, well known within the industry and no added pressure. Top recruitment company!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

•Great culture and great people to work with, will make some good friends!
    •Not KPI driven
    •Known within the industry and has good relationships with companies
    •Recognised and awarded for achievements
    •Strong work/life balance 08:30am-5pm

Cons

•Management could give more direction, invest more time in you to progress
    •Clearer career progression
    •Commission structure as a consultant. Resourcer commission is standard.

Advice to Management

CP is an ideal company for first time recruiters and even experienced ones. Only suggestion would be to improve commission structure for consultants and make a clearer career path.
    Positive experience from my time here!