Clinical Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yvette Cleland

1. "Great culture and people, well known within the industry and no added pressure. Top recruitment company!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

•Great culture and great people to work with, will make some good friends!
    •Not KPI driven
    •Known within the industry and has good relationships with companies
    •Recognised and awarded for achievements
    •Strong work/life balance 08:30am-5pm

Cons

•Management could give more direction, invest more time in you to progress
    •Clearer career progression
    •Commission structure as a consultant. Resourcer commission is standard.

Advice to Management

CP is an ideal company for first time recruiters and even experienced ones. Only suggestion would be to improve commission structure for consultants and make a clearer career path.
    Positive experience from my time here!

2. "Poisonous compnay, twisted management."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

-They hire fantastic people
    -They offer breakfast
    -Good locations
    -Good marketing team

Cons

-Manipulative and misleading 'career paths'
    -Huge favouritism
    -Terrible commission structure
    -Management slate their teams to cover their mistakes
    -Unethical
    -Treat hard working staff members like machines
    -Pretend they are invested in staff for the long run
    -Incredibly moody senior management
    -Shoddy training
    -Huge turnover
    -Told that you 'owe' them for the opportunity they have 'given' you
    -Personal life is used to try and manipulate your decisions
    -Bully culture
    -Blame culture
    -Poor communication internally
    -Secretive internal communication
    -Scare tactics used to younger and inexperienced staff
    -Terrible inefficient legal team
    - Bad out dated contracts
    - A black hole of doom

Advice to Management

Take a look at how you treat people who work hard for not only their salary, but sometimes recognition from their peers. Not everyone works for the money that you are so adamant they each get up for in the morning. Where are these ethics you are so sure you base the running of your company on?!

3. ""Couldn't be less professional" more like!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I forged some good friendships during my time here and Friday evenings at the pub with collegues were always popular. If you are a good biller you get rewarded occasionally.

Cons

Personal attacks about life are commonplace. The prospect of the next board meeting strikes the fear of God into you and whenever the boss walks towards your desk you can't help but imagine that you're about to get pulled aside for a "talk" about your performance for some ridiculous reason. Work/life balance is practically impossible when you do 10 hours a day plus the time to commute (and let's not forget that taking a full hour lunchbreak isn't really appreciated by the management team). No HR so you can't even voice your concerns or issues - not that you would be able to completely trust them anyway...

Advice to Management

Stop ruling by fear and start treating your employees with decency

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

There is actually no pros apart from the breakfast which is the same every week. Good luck to whoever can survive in that company.

Cons

Unprofessional, childish and no structure. Commission structure is terrible, no room for progression and management is an utter joke. If you want to waste your time go work for CP.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as people and listen to what they have to say.

6. "Work Hard - Play Hard"

Current Employee - Back Office in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Back Office in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clinical Professionals is a company which has a good "work hard" - "play hard" environment. CP really reward employees who put in their hours and achieve their targets. On a weekly basis employees get recognised as star performer of the week, every quarter the top consultants/back office team get to go on a night out on the company and last but not least every year the top billers go on a holiday trip to a far away destination (New York, Cancun, among others).

The career opportunities at clinical professionals are very transparent and opportunities are given to employees who are willing to put in the work to be given them. Often you can see people coming in as resourcers and be promoted to senior consultants within a period of 2- 3 years.

Back office staff get clear targets set and receive their promotions when these are met. Clinical Professionals has to date 3 employees who came in to back office on a government apprenticeships and are now full time working employees. Again through hard work...

All in all a good company to work for.

Cons

I can understand that sometimes the pressure on achieiving targets can be high. These are however set to motivate employees to keep developing and raise their skills to the next level. Usually in the cases that an argument arises or an employees choose to exit the business is when they are simply not willing to give that bit extra to the company. If you are however willing to work on your own future I am sure that the company will support you, set personal goals in line with goals of the company so both parties can benefit to the max.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Recognize hard work and keep pushing the business up to the next level. The only advice what I would give is also keep communicating with less-performing employees. Check if there is anything that they need to get motivated and give it their all to the business. I can appreciate that not everybody responds in the same way to high pressure and sometimes a tailored approach can help employees grow.

7. "Also agree on Opportunites!"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

One thing that has always struck me about Clinical Professionals is the enormous amount of flexibility and opportunities available to you.

I will admit it was a little rocky 12 months ago as we transitioned to a larger company (every business has to go through it if they wish to continue to grow), however the company has reacted in that time and reduced working hours, increased bonus structure, further improved the (already great) benefits and gave more opportunities to make a desk your own.

I do understand some of the frustration that's been on here recently, however if you're the kind of person that doesn't want to be micromanaged and actually wants to develop themselves and own areas of a business, then CP is the place for you.

Cons

Many other sales environments can be quite cut throat in order to succeed, CP isn't like that and in a way those used to that sort of environment can get frustrated by the friendlier approach here. Its a company that gives you the opportunity to accelerate your career (as many have already both current and previously employed) and not everyone wants that, perhaps there should be some roles here for those that just want to work 9-5 and then go home.

"Recruitment Consultant's Experience"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great team management
    - Clear structure on career progression
    - 1 on 1 personal training and development
    - I am treated as an adult
    - No micromanagement
    - Good team structure
    - Fantastic office environment
    - My efforts are recognised e.g. got a bonus along with a very good meal at a top restaurant in London

Cons

None that I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work e.g. training.

"Opportunities"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a business in a great position to offer endless opportunity to its staff. I have been with the business for less than a year but have enjoyed it all so far. Genuinely great recruiters and experts in their business.

Cons

The company has gone from a small business to a corporate n a short space of time and this has not suited everyone. They are an ethical employer almost to a fault and if you work here you will be given a chance to succeed. Staff are given much more time to develop and become successful than anywhere else in the business.

Advice to Management

Train more

"A Brilliant Business If You are focused, hard working and ambiteous"

Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The bad reviews on here are not accurate, the people writing them don't harm "senior managers" but people like me who love my job, company, work hard and achieve..I have been with the company for a couple of years. I am so fed up with the same old x employees writing and re-writing the same old rubbish. For a start we are all made aware at two meetings a year about what we are doing to grow (a summer party and Xmas party). Yes, we get quarterly bonus, we know that when we accept a job, so why is that a shock? We are a great business that has manageable KPI's (as long as you are not lazy). We are in the business of selling so have targets (how shocking, if you don't like targets work outside of sales). We have a great senior management team, they have worked really hard as we have grown. I love our plans for America and Europe. I understand my job and how to progress and respect the people I work with. This is a great company if you are a hard working, focused team player.

Cons

We keep failures too long and support them too much. Its funny because they all still want to turn up on a Friday night beers and mix with us. Well if we are that bad why? Why, because we are a great business that had a couple of rotten eggs.

Advice to Management

No one is perfect, but you are fair, hard working, supportive and really knowledgable.. I have not written on here before because I thought it was just anonymous nonsense for people who are not having to take responsibility for their rubbish. However, I have benefitted directly in my career and progression from all of the directors and CEO.

"Negligent and uncoordinated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Pros

Some recruiters are good, but management, legal and finance team behind the agency are incompetent.

Cons

Awful experience with an exceptionally disorganised and badly managed recruitment agency:

- Messing up client contracts and relations through aggessive style of communication and chasing, lack of information and t&c discrepancies that CP does not bother to clarify
    - Legal team is repeatedly sending out incomplete and mismatching contracts to iLtd"s and clients, because they do not bother to match contracts to individual circumstances and t&c"s
    - Finance has a bad communication culture, which has lead to contract terminations by clients