Clinical Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 14, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yvette Cleland

1. "Negligent and uncoordinated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Pros

Some recruiters are good, but management, legal and finance team behind the agency are incompetent.

Cons

Awful experience with an exceptionally disorganised and badly managed recruitment agency:

- Messing up client contracts and relations through aggessive style of communication and chasing, lack of information and t&c discrepancies that CP does not bother to clarify
    - Legal team is repeatedly sending out incomplete and mismatching contracts to iLtd"s and clients, because they do not bother to match contracts to individual circumstances and t&c"s
    - Finance has a bad communication culture, which has lead to contract terminations by clients

"Disastrous"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals (More than a year)

Pros

Management is clever sometimes, specifically when it comes to writing good reviews of themselves here. It's a pity it doesn't go beyond this page...

Cons

Unprofessional, rude and ignorant liars.... is this the company you want to work for?
    You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Stop writing reviews for yourselves here and get a decent job!

"Unfortunately the worst place I ever worked"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company does recruitment within the Pharmaceutical industry...

Within this there are various teams focusing on different areas of the business.

Some teams are good. If you are in a good team and you are good at your job everything can be great.
    The teams that have a steady flow of jobs and placements just keep things on track and bring in the money. It's easy. They are established and have a good reputation within these sectors.

The people are okay.

Cons

Some teams are terrible. The company has tried to diversify into other sectors, rather than focus on the sectors they are good at.

I was headhunted after being successful in previous roles.
    None of my previous experience was taken into account when I started and I was made to work in the fashion that they believe works best. Truth is... It doesn't.

I was never given the flexibility to utilise the skills that had worked well for me in the past... and I have extensive Business development experience.

I left a job where I was earning good money and making lots of placements and ended up shoehorned into a team that had been failing for long time. The air of negativity in this team was immense.

The team manager had no interest in trying to change this, they just continued to use the same failing methods in the hope that a miracle would occur. Anytime I suggested using the tactics that had worked in my previous roles I was basically told to shut up.

Also, there was so much emphasis on bringing on new clients, that we never got time to service clients properly.
    So basically, we would bring on a new client, not spend any time getting good candidates for them and ultimately damage the relationships, rather than nurture them.

My belief is that if you focus on a small number of clients and do a good job, this will expand, as you will get repeat business and have confidence in the service you can provide.

Everytime I called a new business, they told me that they had used CP in the past, they had a terrible experience and they would never use us again, unless they were desperate.

Also... The worst thing, was the fact that the company were not truthful about working hours, bonus structure, annual leave etc...
    I left my previous job on the back of all these promises and soon realised that I had been duped. Everyone else was on the same boat.

I was sacked from this role. Despite stating on several occasions that I was unhappy and was thinking of leaving several times, the managers asked me to stay and told me it would get better. Then... when I least expected it, they pulled the carpet out from under my feet.

When I left my confidence was low and the boss told me that I was terrible at business development and should think about another career.

Funnily enough, I'm now working at a company where I'm back to my usual patterns of smashing the targets and much happier. Earning more money in less hours and having a good time doing it.

CP was definitely a low point in my career.

Basically if you want a job in CP, go to the medics team. They have some average consultants that earn good money. The other teams have some great consultants that are on a sinking ship and haven't a hope of earning bonus because of the culture.

Advice to Management

Go out on the floor. Pick up a phone and do the same thing as you tell your consultants to do. See how it works.

"Worst Recruitment agency around"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good, level-headed individuals that worked there.

Cons

The commission structure is terrible - not motivating at all and only paid out quarterly. There was no support from seniors - Sink or swim mentality. The KPI's were unrealistic in today's market; there was no strategy or focus which made doing good business very difficult. If you want to work long hours and be treated like a machine, there are definitely other agencies where you can do that and make more money. Immature and unprofessional behaviour from upper management.
    The London office had very poor facilities.

Advice to Management

Consider what client's really want: e.g. sending 10 unsolicited CV's a day to a client is more of a hindrance than an effective business strategy. Also, treating your employees with respect and encouraging them goes a LOT further than kicking them when they're down. Favouritism is incredibly outdated and immature.

6. "Disaster!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Pros

Close to the pub

Cons

Clueless Managers/Directors/CEO
    No direction
    No structure
    Outdated processes
    Terrible atmosphere
    Extremely visible favouritism
    Staff retention is becoming increasingly worse

Advice to Management

Without a doubt the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to work for.

7. "Worst back-stabbing recruitment company in the industry"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

Breakfast... that's it
    The internal recruiter who has since left was excellent - most knowledgeable and trustworthy person in the business.
    They will say that there is more of a flexible approach to work blah blah blah but it's all lies because they struggle to hire.

Cons

Terrible name in the market place - no-one wants to work here because the culture and staff are so bad.
    Big back-stabbing culture - if your face doesn't fit, you're not in the gang
    Terrible commission structure
    Worst CEO in history
    No such thing as progression or training
    KPI to the roof!!!

Advice to Management

Stop thinking that you are better than everyone else, be more approachable.
    Change your commission structure
    Sack the CEO - nasty approach to business.

"Horrendous company"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Holiday isn't too bad.
    Good location - Reading centre.
    1 hour lunch break.
    Breakfast provided.

Cons

No opportunity to progress.
    Terrible commission scheme.
    Most of each day is "core hours" - working like a robot, non stop voicemail messages.
    Told to lie to individuals to get them 'on the books'
    Poor managers with large egos - most are uni/school drop outs who couldn't get a decent job.

Advice to Management

Close down

"Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Offices in a good location.

Cons

Uncompetitive basic salaries
    Demotivating commission structure
    Long hours
    Heavily KPI driven
    Most of the day is "core hours" where you are permitted to do nothing except behave like a robot
    Directors acting extremely unprofessional and are more concerned with gossiping about staff than actually developing them

Advice to Management

Go back to billing!

"waste of time"

Pros

I can only think that it's good first step in industry if one wants to get a bit of experience before transitioning to a reputable organisation
    with the caveat that it might have changed in the last couple of years

Cons

too many to mention:
    Short-sighted management
    archaic practices
    full of inexperienced local recruiters who are out of their depth.
    Little to no knowledge of their respective markets
    Draconian management policies.

Advice to Management

not worth giving advice as they are probably to self-absorbed to listen. Best to carry on as they are - they wouldn't get a decent position elsewhere.

"Terrible experience"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pays well; ideal location as right by the train station for commuters. Can't think of any other positives to mention.

Cons

Terrible management, you never feel you can approach line managers.
    Saw a mixture of line managers on Facebook and on their mobile phones quite regularly throughout the day.
    Never direct when conversing with you, always by email.
    High staff turnover, typical cutthroat recruitment environment.
    General sense that a lot of people want to leave resulting in people not really being motivated to work there.

Advice to Management

Don't moan about members of staff to other colleagues by email when people can see.