Clinical Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 26, 2017

1.0
Yvette Cleland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • development plans and career progression plans (in 5 reviews)

• Hard work is recognised even if results aren't achieved yet (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Demotivating commission structure (in 8 reviews)

• If you want to work long hours and be treated like a machine, there are definitely other agencies where you can do that and make more money (in 5 reviews)

"Be Warned"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

Good induction into the pharmaceutical industry

Cons

Terrible company to work for. Similar to being back at high school. Management were more often than not cold, calculating and manipulative.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending how to run a business

"Poisonous compnay, twisted management."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

-They hire fantastic people
    -They offer breakfast
    -Good locations
    -Good marketing team

Cons

-Manipulative and misleading 'career paths'
    -Huge favouritism
    -Terrible commission structure
    -Management slate their teams to cover their mistakes
    -Unethical
    -Treat hard working staff members like machines
    -Pretend they are invested in staff for the long run
    -Incredibly moody senior management
    -Shoddy training
    -Huge turnover
    -Told that you 'owe' them for the opportunity they have 'given' you
    -Personal life is used to try and manipulate your decisions
    -Bully culture
    -Blame culture
    -Poor communication internally
    -Secretive internal communication
    -Scare tactics used to younger and inexperienced staff
    -Terrible inefficient legal team
    - Bad out dated contracts
    - A black hole of doom

Advice to Management

Take a look at how you treat people who work hard for not only their salary, but sometimes recognition from their peers. Not everyone works for the money that you are so adamant they each get up for in the morning. Where are these ethics you are so sure you base the running of your company on?!

""Couldn't be less professional" more like!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I forged some good friendships during my time here and Friday evenings at the pub with collegues were always popular. If you are a good biller you get rewarded occasionally.

Cons

Personal attacks about life are commonplace. The prospect of the next board meeting strikes the fear of God into you and whenever the boss walks towards your desk you can't help but imagine that you're about to get pulled aside for a "talk" about your performance for some ridiculous reason. Work/life balance is practically impossible when you do 10 hours a day plus the time to commute (and let's not forget that taking a full hour lunchbreak isn't really appreciated by the management team). No HR so you can't even voice your concerns or issues - not that you would be able to completely trust them anyway...

Advice to Management

Stop ruling by fear and start treating your employees with decency

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

There is actually no pros apart from the breakfast which is the same every week. Good luck to whoever can survive in that company.

Cons

Unprofessional, childish and no structure. Commission structure is terrible, no room for progression and management is an utter joke. If you want to waste your time go work for CP.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as people and listen to what they have to say.

"Negligent and uncoordinated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Pros

Some recruiters are good, but management, legal and finance team behind the agency are incompetent.

Cons

Awful experience with an exceptionally disorganised and badly managed recruitment agency:

- Messing up client contracts and relations through aggessive style of communication and chasing, lack of information and t&c discrepancies that CP does not bother to clarify
    - Legal team is repeatedly sending out incomplete and mismatching contracts to iLtd"s and clients, because they do not bother to match contracts to individual circumstances and t&c"s
    - Finance has a bad communication culture, which has lead to contract terminations by clients

"Disastrous"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals (More than a year)

Pros

Management is clever sometimes, specifically when it comes to writing good reviews of themselves here. It's a pity it doesn't go beyond this page...

Cons

Unprofessional, rude and ignorant liars.... is this the company you want to work for?
    You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Stop writing reviews for yourselves here and get a decent job!

"Unfortunately the worst place I ever worked"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company does recruitment within the Pharmaceutical industry...

Within this there are various teams focusing on different areas of the business.

Some teams are good. If you are in a good team and you are good at your job everything can be great.
    The teams that have a steady flow of jobs and placements just keep things on track and bring in the money. It's easy. They are established and have a good reputation within these sectors.

The people are okay.

Cons

Some teams are terrible. The company has tried to diversify into other sectors, rather than focus on the sectors they are good at.

I was headhunted after being successful in previous roles.
    None of my previous experience was taken into account when I started and I was made to work in the fashion that they believe works best. Truth is... It doesn't.

I was never given the flexibility to utilise the skills that had worked well for me in the past... and I have extensive Business development experience.

I left a job where I was earning good money and making lots of placements and ended up shoehorned into a team that had been failing for long time. The air of negativity in this team was immense.

The team manager had no interest in trying to change this, they just continued to use the same failing methods in the hope that a miracle would occur. Anytime I suggested using the tactics that had worked in my previous roles I was basically told to shut up.

Also, there was so much emphasis on bringing on new clients, that we never got time to service clients properly.
    So basically, we would bring on a new client, not spend any time getting good candidates for them and ultimately damage the relationships, rather than nurture them.

My belief is that if you focus on a small number of clients and do a good job, this will expand, as you will get repeat business and have confidence in the service you can provide.

Everytime I called a new business, they told me that they had used CP in the past, they had a terrible experience and they would never use us again, unless they were desperate.

Also... The worst thing, was the fact that the company were not truthful about working hours, bonus structure, annual leave etc...
    I left my previous job on the back of all these promises and soon realised that I had been duped. Everyone else was on the same boat.

I was sacked from this role. Despite stating on several occasions that I was unhappy and was thinking of leaving several times, the managers asked me to stay and told me it would get better. Then... when I least expected it, they pulled the carpet out from under my feet.

When I left my confidence was low and the boss told me that I was terrible at business development and should think about another career.

Funnily enough, I'm now working at a company where I'm back to my usual patterns of smashing the targets and much happier. Earning more money in less hours and having a good time doing it.

CP was definitely a low point in my career.

Basically if you want a job in CP, go to the medics team. They have some average consultants that earn good money. The other teams have some great consultants that are on a sinking ship and haven't a hope of earning bonus because of the culture.

Advice to Management

Go out on the floor. Pick up a phone and do the same thing as you tell your consultants to do. See how it works.

"Worst Recruitment agency around"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good, level-headed individuals that worked there.

Cons

The commission structure is terrible - not motivating at all and only paid out quarterly. There was no support from seniors - Sink or swim mentality. The KPI's were unrealistic in today's market; there was no strategy or focus which made doing good business very difficult. If you want to work long hours and be treated like a machine, there are definitely other agencies where you can do that and make more money. Immature and unprofessional behaviour from upper management.
    The London office had very poor facilities.

Advice to Management

Consider what client's really want: e.g. sending 10 unsolicited CV's a day to a client is more of a hindrance than an effective business strategy. Also, treating your employees with respect and encouraging them goes a LOT further than kicking them when they're down. Favouritism is incredibly outdated and immature.

"Disaster!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Pros

Close to the pub

Cons

Clueless Managers/Directors/CEO
    No direction
    No structure
    Outdated processes
    Terrible atmosphere
    Extremely visible favouritism
    Staff retention is becoming increasingly worse

Advice to Management

Without a doubt the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to work for.

"Worst back-stabbing recruitment company in the industry"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

Breakfast... that's it
    The internal recruiter who has since left was excellent - most knowledgeable and trustworthy person in the business.
    They will say that there is more of a flexible approach to work blah blah blah but it's all lies because they struggle to hire.

Cons

Terrible name in the market place - no-one wants to work here because the culture and staff are so bad.
    Big back-stabbing culture - if your face doesn't fit, you're not in the gang
    Terrible commission structure
    Worst CEO in history
    No such thing as progression or training
    KPI to the roof!!!

Advice to Management

Stop thinking that you are better than everyone else, be more approachable.
    Change your commission structure
    Sack the CEO - nasty approach to business.