Clinical Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Clinical Professionals Reviews

2.0
Yvette Cleland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • development plans and career progression plans (in 5 reviews)

• Hard work is recognised even if results aren't achieved yet (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Commission structure is terrible, no room for progression and management is an utter joke (in 8 reviews)

• If you want to work long hours and be treated like a machine, there are definitely other agencies where you can do that and make more money (in 5 reviews)

"Poor Direction"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good existing client base and broad range of additional services. Some very good Managers. Good marketing department. Good Holiday incentives.

Cons

Poor commission structure, massive change to culture from independent business to large corporation. Loss of key individuals from the Business as a result and low morale. Processes that take up 8-10 hours of the working week with meetings. Bad CRM. Lack of culture and unity. Lack of training for junior/mid level consultants

Advice to Management

Focus on creating a better company environment and culture. Move focus away from the few and create more investment in Junior/Mid-Level staff. Retain staff.

"OK Overall But Bad Experience"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

Overall, the company is quite good. There are lots of great people working there (I'd echo the comment below about the marcoms team and the back office being awesome), it's pretty fun and they make an effort to make the worklife good. The CEO is good, she's very honest about what it takes to be successful which I always appreciated, and she gets very involved with what's going on.

Cons

The office is a bit like marmite - you either love it or hate it. The staff are largely young guys in their early 20's and so there is a lot of banter going on, some of it a little offensive or of a nature that would be pulled up in other companies.
    I personally became unmotivated when I saw my boss on Facebook on their phone, or on random unrelated websites quite a lot during the day, while keeping quite a strict work environment and an emphasis on us all making money quickly. When I asked for help from them, I was often faced with a big sigh and attitude which suggested I was bothering them.

At the end of the day, I know that a some people do enjoy working there, and I think you have to be a certain type of person both to fit in with the work culture and to get on with the people there.

Advice to Management

I'd say to be careful of their reputation. Since leaving, it has become clear that they don't have the best reputation as an employer, but I think that with a few tweaks they could turn things around.

Clinical Professionals Response

Feb 24, 2016 – Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write your review - we value everyone's opinions with the hope that we can take all negative feedback on board and help make Clinical Professionals the best it can be.... More

"Can be ok-if management likes you"

Former Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some great people
    decent atmosphere
    often was a fun place to work

Cons

people on different salaries even if you're doing the same job and billing ok
    Average to poor commission
    really obvious favouritism
    rookies/ grads get exploited because they dont know better.
    If you get on the wrong side of the management you can get treated pretty badly

Advice to Management

start treatng everyone more fairly becaus it gets noticed

"Terrible experience. Don't go there."

Pros

Some nice people who wanted to do a good job.

Cons

Working at Clinical Professionals was a constant struggle.
    Management were completely non supportive, no consideration was given to less trained members of staff. Promotion was at hoc and it seemed that having a strong relationship with the owner provided more opportunity for promotion than anything else.
    Often the size and capabilities of the company were expanded beyond the actual reality of the situation. Bids and tenders were often completed with some sort of fairytale image of the companies abilities.

Advice to Management

Sell quickly. You can't handle it.