Clinical Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Yvette Cleland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good so far!"

Current Employee - Divisional Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having only joined a Division Manager in April, everything that was promised to me has so far been given.
    Having worked in several recruitment companies across different sectors, this is the first that has been a pretty mature environment.
    I have my targets, but they are achievable and fair and you're not micro managed.
    The option for drinks on a Friday is always there, but not compulsory.
    On the work side of things, the business has a good name within Industry, with some unique selling points with Skills Academy and Physician to Pharma and there are definitive career paths within the different entities of pharma recruitment.
    The company isn't just a "life science" or "pharma" recruiter. The different divisions (Medics, Scientific, Devices, Quality, Regulatory, Med Comms) provide the full scope of what a Top 10 Pharma or smaller Biotech would need in terms of staffing.
    With more offices opening in Europe and US there is definitely a lot of opportunity for recruiters that are willing to work for it.
    Seeing some other comments on here griping about "10 hour days" make me laugh...welcome to recruitment!

Cons

The office in London is grim and some of the IT infrastructure is a bit dated, but we are moving to nice new offices in St. Pauls on the 1st September so this will be rectified.

Advice to Management

I have had no problems with anyone, so keep doing what you are doing...

2. "Watch this space....."

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As I slowly advance towards my one year tenure at CP, the business has evolved considerably since my initial appointment. They are definitely not a 'high-street' recruiter, or a generalist recruitment agency that portrays an image of being a 'jack of all trades, master of none.' Respecting traditional recruitment practices remains at the forefront of all their activities, however they also possess the necessary drive and passion to challenge the current status quo - leading by example in a life sciences industry where maintaining a competitive edge has its distinct advantages.
    OK, so I'm not a typical recruiter - but this is not a typical agency. It's all about having the required skills set, the willingness to develop a fulfilling career, and the impetus to make money - the rest can be gained through a solid network of senior directors who invest both time and effort in developing consultants to attain their true potential.
    Never one to comment on my existing employers - this attempt at providing a small insight into the internal workings of CP really doesn't do justice to the organisation. As a comparator to my past employers - probably ranks in the top 3 - and that's a hard list to get on to.
    Inspiration stems from leadership - and that's my motivating factor in coming to work each and every day.

Cons

So what's wrong with the business?....I'll let you know when I find something.

Advice to Management

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

3. "Glad to be working here!"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

professional with an approach of continuous improvement.
    great atmosphere with an inclusive and open culture.
    promotes internal progression and promotion from within.
    great benefits and working environment in a great location.
    fantastic rewards - ask the top performers who have just returned from Miami!
    development plans and career progression plans.

Cons

lack of on site parking but so close to station and town centre not really an issue.

Advice to Management

doing a great job of growing the business and looking for continuous development

"Recruitment Consultant's Experience"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great team management
    - Clear structure on career progression
    - 1 on 1 personal training and development
    - I am treated as an adult
    - No micromanagement
    - Good team structure
    - Fantastic office environment
    - My efforts are recognised e.g. got a bonus along with a very good meal at a top restaurant in London

Cons

None that I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work e.g. training.

5. "Also agree on Opportunites!"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

One thing that has always struck me about Clinical Professionals is the enormous amount of flexibility and opportunities available to you.

I will admit it was a little rocky 12 months ago as we transitioned to a larger company (every business has to go through it if they wish to continue to grow), however the company has reacted in that time and reduced working hours, increased bonus structure, further improved the (already great) benefits and gave more opportunities to make a desk your own.

I do understand some of the frustration that's been on here recently, however if you're the kind of person that doesn't want to be micromanaged and actually wants to develop themselves and own areas of a business, then CP is the place for you.

Cons

Many other sales environments can be quite cut throat in order to succeed, CP isn't like that and in a way those used to that sort of environment can get frustrated by the friendlier approach here. Its a company that gives you the opportunity to accelerate your career (as many have already both current and previously employed) and not everyone wants that, perhaps there should be some roles here for those that just want to work 9-5 and then go home.

"A Brilliant Business If You are focused, hard working and ambiteous"

Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The bad reviews on here are not accurate, the people writing them don't harm "senior managers" but people like me who love my job, company, work hard and achieve..I have been with the company for a couple of years. I am so fed up with the same old x employees writing and re-writing the same old rubbish. For a start we are all made aware at two meetings a year about what we are doing to grow (a summer party and Xmas party). Yes, we get quarterly bonus, we know that when we accept a job, so why is that a shock? We are a great business that has manageable KPI's (as long as you are not lazy). We are in the business of selling so have targets (how shocking, if you don't like targets work outside of sales). We have a great senior management team, they have worked really hard as we have grown. I love our plans for America and Europe. I understand my job and how to progress and respect the people I work with. This is a great company if you are a hard working, focused team player.

Cons

We keep failures too long and support them too much. Its funny because they all still want to turn up on a Friday night beers and mix with us. Well if we are that bad why? Why, because we are a great business that had a couple of rotten eggs.

Advice to Management

No one is perfect, but you are fair, hard working, supportive and really knowledgable.. I have not written on here before because I thought it was just anonymous nonsense for people who are not having to take responsibility for their rubbish. However, I have benefitted directly in my career and progression from all of the directors and CEO.

7. "Fantastic company, passionate about innovation and employee development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Clinical Professionals for over 4 years and have loved my time within the organisation. The Company has a very inclusive culture and not only listens but acts on the opinions and ideas of their employees. Individuals are encouraged to be ambitious and are given the training and support required to fulfil their potential. The CEO and COO are both very approachable and present within the business which is refreshing.

Cons

There is honestly nothing I can say here. The company always tries to recognise and reward their staff and this has the effect of keeping everyone engaged and motivated and results in a brilliant working environment.

Advice to Management

You set a fantastic example to your employees so keep it up!

"Great Company Great Culture"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at CP was the culture. The London office was a relaxed sales environment and there was a lot of banter between colleagues. Furthermore I had good training from my manager who struck the balance perfectly on being your leader as well as a friend.

Cons

There wasn't many disadvantages of working at CP, apart from the CRM system which I believe needs improving.

Advice to Management

Listen to the what the staff want and I'm sure the company can develop and grow.

9. "An overall great place to work"

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a very reward driven environment with plenty of incentives to do well, no matter your level. Not just the typical bonuses but also trips, awards etc.

Hard work is recognised even if results aren't achieved yet. But one usually follows the other

Management is supportive and it's not half as cut throat as other companies. The teams aren't too large so you get to know your team very well too. Many new staff comment on how much better this aspect is at Clinical Professionals than at their previous company.

Working for a mid sized company like CP is good because it is small enough so you get to know a lot of people and don't feel ignored and disengaged by managers. It is also big enough that it is doing quite well and there are opportunities to move up.

Working hours are more flexible than other companies.

Cons

It can be quite segregated between teams, as each team specialises on their own function.

The CRM is slow and outdated, which becomes irritating over time.

There are a few little rules which aren't necessary and a bit over the top.

Advice to Management

None really.

10. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Ignore the bitter reviews they are in no way a representation of CP*. The career progression & development is at the forefront of their ideas and the people are the reason I used to come in to work every day.
    The company has an excellent reputation in the market and is growing year on year.
    Management work alongside lower level staff in a very open and flat culture. They listen to ideas so much so that during my time they permanently changed the 8-6hrs to 8.30-5pm (unusual for the rec. industry) based on employee feedback and those hrs still stand.

Cons

commission was being redesigned to be within market standards as I left.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing