Clinical Professionals Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yvette Cleland

1. "Great culture and people, well known within the industry and no added pressure. Top recruitment company!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

•Great culture and great people to work with, will make some good friends!
    •Not KPI driven
    •Known within the industry and has good relationships with companies
    •Recognised and awarded for achievements
    •Strong work/life balance 08:30am-5pm

Cons

•Management could give more direction, invest more time in you to progress
    •Clearer career progression
    •Commission structure as a consultant. Resourcer commission is standard.

Advice to Management

CP is an ideal company for first time recruiters and even experienced ones. Only suggestion would be to improve commission structure for consultants and make a clearer career path.
    Positive experience from my time here!

2. "Work Hard - Play Hard"

Current Employee - Back Office in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Back Office in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clinical Professionals is a company which has a good "work hard" - "play hard" environment. CP really reward employees who put in their hours and achieve their targets. On a weekly basis employees get recognised as star performer of the week, every quarter the top consultants/back office team get to go on a night out on the company and last but not least every year the top billers go on a holiday trip to a far away destination (New York, Cancun, among others).

The career opportunities at clinical professionals are very transparent and opportunities are given to employees who are willing to put in the work to be given them. Often you can see people coming in as resourcers and be promoted to senior consultants within a period of 2- 3 years.

Back office staff get clear targets set and receive their promotions when these are met. Clinical Professionals has to date 3 employees who came in to back office on a government apprenticeships and are now full time working employees. Again through hard work...

All in all a good company to work for.

Cons

I can understand that sometimes the pressure on achieiving targets can be high. These are however set to motivate employees to keep developing and raise their skills to the next level. Usually in the cases that an argument arises or an employees choose to exit the business is when they are simply not willing to give that bit extra to the company. If you are however willing to work on your own future I am sure that the company will support you, set personal goals in line with goals of the company so both parties can benefit to the max.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Recognize hard work and keep pushing the business up to the next level. The only advice what I would give is also keep communicating with less-performing employees. Check if there is anything that they need to get motivated and give it their all to the business. I can appreciate that not everybody responds in the same way to high pressure and sometimes a tailored approach can help employees grow.

3. "Also agree on Opportunites!"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time

Pros

One thing that has always struck me about Clinical Professionals is the enormous amount of flexibility and opportunities available to you.

I will admit it was a little rocky 12 months ago as we transitioned to a larger company (every business has to go through it if they wish to continue to grow), however the company has reacted in that time and reduced working hours, increased bonus structure, further improved the (already great) benefits and gave more opportunities to make a desk your own.

I do understand some of the frustration that's been on here recently, however if you're the kind of person that doesn't want to be micromanaged and actually wants to develop themselves and own areas of a business, then CP is the place for you.

Cons

Many other sales environments can be quite cut throat in order to succeed, CP isn't like that and in a way those used to that sort of environment can get frustrated by the friendlier approach here. Its a company that gives you the opportunity to accelerate your career (as many have already both current and previously employed) and not everyone wants that, perhaps there should be some roles here for those that just want to work 9-5 and then go home.

5. "Negligent and uncoordinated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Pros

Some recruiters are good, but management, legal and finance team behind the agency are incompetent.

Cons

Awful experience with an exceptionally disorganised and badly managed recruitment agency:

- Messing up client contracts and relations through aggessive style of communication and chasing, lack of information and t&c discrepancies that CP does not bother to clarify
    - Legal team is repeatedly sending out incomplete and mismatching contracts to iLtd"s and clients, because they do not bother to match contracts to individual circumstances and t&c"s
    - Finance has a bad communication culture, which has lead to contract terminations by clients

"Opportunities"

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a business in a great position to offer endless opportunity to its staff. I have been with the business for less than a year but have enjoyed it all so far. Genuinely great recruiters and experts in their business.

Cons

The company has gone from a small business to a corporate n a short space of time and this has not suited everyone. They are an ethical employer almost to a fault and if you work here you will be given a chance to succeed. Staff are given much more time to develop and become successful than anywhere else in the business.

Advice to Management

Train more

"Recruitment Consultant's Experience"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great team management
    - Clear structure on career progression
    - 1 on 1 personal training and development
    - I am treated as an adult
    - No micromanagement
    - Good team structure
    - Fantastic office environment
    - My efforts are recognised e.g. got a bonus along with a very good meal at a top restaurant in London

Cons

None that I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work e.g. training.

"Disastrous"

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals (More than a year)

Pros

Management is clever sometimes, specifically when it comes to writing good reviews of themselves here. It's a pity it doesn't go beyond this page...

Cons

Unprofessional, rude and ignorant liars.... is this the company you want to work for?
    You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Stop writing reviews for yourselves here and get a decent job!

"Unfortunately the worst place I ever worked"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company does recruitment within the Pharmaceutical industry...

Within this there are various teams focusing on different areas of the business.

Some teams are good. If you are in a good team and you are good at your job everything can be great.
    The teams that have a steady flow of jobs and placements just keep things on track and bring in the money. It's easy. They are established and have a good reputation within these sectors.

The people are okay.

Cons

Some teams are terrible. The company has tried to diversify into other sectors, rather than focus on the sectors they are good at.

I was headhunted after being successful in previous roles.
    None of my previous experience was taken into account when I started and I was made to work in the fashion that they believe works best. Truth is... It doesn't.

I was never given the flexibility to utilise the skills that had worked well for me in the past... and I have extensive Business development experience.

I left a job where I was earning good money and making lots of placements and ended up shoehorned into a team that had been failing for long time. The air of negativity in this team was immense.

The team manager had no interest in trying to change this, they just continued to use the same failing methods in the hope that a miracle would occur. Anytime I suggested using the tactics that had worked in my previous roles I was basically told to shut up.

Also, there was so much emphasis on bringing on new clients, that we never got time to service clients properly.
    So basically, we would bring on a new client, not spend any time getting good candidates for them and ultimately damage the relationships, rather than nurture them.

My belief is that if you focus on a small number of clients and do a good job, this will expand, as you will get repeat business and have confidence in the service you can provide.

Everytime I called a new business, they told me that they had used CP in the past, they had a terrible experience and they would never use us again, unless they were desperate.

Also... The worst thing, was the fact that the company were not truthful about working hours, bonus structure, annual leave etc...
    I left my previous job on the back of all these promises and soon realised that I had been duped. Everyone else was on the same boat.

I was sacked from this role. Despite stating on several occasions that I was unhappy and was thinking of leaving several times, the managers asked me to stay and told me it would get better. Then... when I least expected it, they pulled the carpet out from under my feet.

When I left my confidence was low and the boss told me that I was terrible at business development and should think about another career.

Funnily enough, I'm now working at a company where I'm back to my usual patterns of smashing the targets and much happier. Earning more money in less hours and having a good time doing it.

CP was definitely a low point in my career.

Basically if you want a job in CP, go to the medics team. They have some average consultants that earn good money. The other teams have some great consultants that are on a sinking ship and haven't a hope of earning bonus because of the culture.

Advice to Management

Go out on the floor. Pick up a phone and do the same thing as you tell your consultants to do. See how it works.

"A Brilliant Business If You are focused, hard working and ambiteous"

Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The bad reviews on here are not accurate, the people writing them don't harm "senior managers" but people like me who love my job, company, work hard and achieve..I have been with the company for a couple of years. I am so fed up with the same old x employees writing and re-writing the same old rubbish. For a start we are all made aware at two meetings a year about what we are doing to grow (a summer party and Xmas party). Yes, we get quarterly bonus, we know that when we accept a job, so why is that a shock? We are a great business that has manageable KPI's (as long as you are not lazy). We are in the business of selling so have targets (how shocking, if you don't like targets work outside of sales). We have a great senior management team, they have worked really hard as we have grown. I love our plans for America and Europe. I understand my job and how to progress and respect the people I work with. This is a great company if you are a hard working, focused team player.

Cons

We keep failures too long and support them too much. Its funny because they all still want to turn up on a Friday night beers and mix with us. Well if we are that bad why? Why, because we are a great business that had a couple of rotten eggs.

Advice to Management

No one is perfect, but you are fair, hard working, supportive and really knowledgable.. I have not written on here before because I thought it was just anonymous nonsense for people who are not having to take responsibility for their rubbish. However, I have benefitted directly in my career and progression from all of the directors and CEO.

"Worst Recruitment agency around"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Clinical Professionals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good, level-headed individuals that worked there.

Cons

The commission structure is terrible - not motivating at all and only paid out quarterly. There was no support from seniors - Sink or swim mentality. The KPI's were unrealistic in today's market; there was no strategy or focus which made doing good business very difficult. If you want to work long hours and be treated like a machine, there are definitely other agencies where you can do that and make more money. Immature and unprofessional behaviour from upper management.
    The London office had very poor facilities.

Advice to Management

Consider what client's really want: e.g. sending 10 unsolicited CV's a day to a client is more of a hindrance than an effective business strategy. Also, treating your employees with respect and encouraging them goes a LOT further than kicking them when they're down. Favouritism is incredibly outdated and immature.