Clinical Research Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 16, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Victoria Tifft

1. "Good to their employees"

I have been working at Clinical Research Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ClinicalRM treats its employees with respect. Benefits are very good.

Cons

No real cons. As a contractor, ClinicalRM is not able to do much if the client is not making efficient use of its contract employees (too little work for some, too much for others).

"This company does not care about its employees."

I worked at Clinical Research Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay in this position was good, as it should be in a position that has no job security. That was the only positive part.

Cons

The company has been under a lot of turnover at the management level, which led to a complete breakdown in communication. The management is a mess and I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like the assets they are.

3. "A fine place to start..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Clinical Research Management full-time

Pros

I recall excitement around the growth of the company and the charisma of the founder and CEO, Victoria Tifft, who was quite friendly. While there wasn’t much they could do to impact conditions on the client site, they made it clear they cared and regularly held lunches and events on and off site. They made an effort to keep employees informed of corporate developments which gave everyone a feeling of inclusion.

Cons

The company’s strategy to win work was often to underbid competitors. This of course meant less money when they won work to pay employees. Their compensation and benefits were fair at best. If you are looking at a specific set of positions or work sites, see if you can find the same job with one of the prime contractors, like SAIC or HJF. You will likely get a better salary and almost certainly better benefits. If not, be prepared to negotiate the compensation terms - they often low-ball initial offers. It’s a fine place to start your career, just be sure to do your homework.

Advice to Management

A better selection of health and dental options. Improved tuition reimbursement – shorter commitment term and more generous.

"pass on this company"

I worked at Clinical Research Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff in Frederick office cares about employees

Cons

Upper management has no idea what goes on at the customer sites. Top heavy on management. Cuts corners to make a buck. Directors in Ohio act like they are too good to interact with the people who make them money.

Advice to Management

CEO used to know what was happening. Not anymore.

"Great employer"

Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Clinical Research Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very personalized employer with attention to unique needs of contractor and contract employee

Cons

HQ very far from work site so realistic expectations can sometimes be difficult.

Advice to Management

Don't change being so involved.

"Where to begin"

I worked at Clinical Research Management full-time

Pros

Good place to start your career

Cons

Great place to leave to further your career

"CRM"

I have been working at Clinical Research Management full-time

Pros

They offer several flexibility including hours and work location, especially when there is some travel required for the job.

Cons

Benefits are not all that great, offering minimum at best. Almost impossible to get a raise.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate your financial resources and reward your employees, especially those that work offsite.

9. "Doing Great Things"

I have been working at Clinical Research Management full-time

Pros

ClinicalRM is doing great things, simply put. The organization has grown tremendously since I joined and I expect that growth will continue. Just like people have a hard time with growth and change, organizations are no exception to this notion and perhaps struggle more as a collective group. As such, the organization is pushing through and continuing impressive work with some of the industry's top players. The company has the right direction indeed. Growth opportunities are real and abundant for employees. Hard work is respected and rewarded and this pushes ClinicalRM employees to work even harder.

Cons

Employees wear many hats and this can sometimes be a struggle. Some folks feel that their true talent gets tucked under the numerous side projects and multiple roles they play on a daily basis, and switching gears too often can be difficult to focus your talent on the bigger picture and let your light really shine.

Advice to Management

Understand the background (education and skill set) of your employees more and ensure they are set up for success. Continue the "Do the right thing" motto and continue to make a difference in the lives of others.

10. "ClinicalRM is becoming an exciting place to work"

Pros

ClinicalRM is getting involved in a lot more than just staffing. Their work with Ebola is inspiring and I expect more opportunities to help make a difference. The company has very "family" feel to it and the headquarters staff are all very helpful. Although the company has been around for more than 20 years I believe they have grown and changed quite a bit over the last year. Change is difficult for any organization but I believe the company motto "Do the Right Thing" will guide them through the changes.

Cons

Small company so all the normal pros and cons to that.
    Facility at Headquarters is old and small.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company and stay true to your motto "Do the Right Thing"
    Keep finding opportunities for your employees to contribute to meaningful projects.
    Don't let company growth change the family feel of the company.

"Another hiring agency"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Clinical Research Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Human Resource department was nice, but that's not out of the ordinary compared to other hiring agencies. 40 hour work week and no more, but that was not so much due to ClinicalRM, but rather to the fact that ClinicalRM was contracting me to work for the government.

Cons

Can't think of anything to complain about. It took too long for my security clearance to go through, I was waiting on it so long that I had to start looking for work elsewhere. But I really don't think this was due to a problem with ClinicalRM.

Advice to Management

Can't think of any problems about the management to suggest to fix. The staff was courteous, and was very understanding about any concerns I had about my work.