Clocktower Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun and meaningful!"

Former Employee - Help Desk in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Clocktower Media part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great clients, benefits, and team.

Cons

There aren't any major cons.

Advice to Management

Thanks for you care and concern for your employees. It's evident you are building a successful business!

"Don't Work Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Clocktower Media (More than a year)

Pros

Great developers, Knowledgeable developers,

Cons

Very negative atmosphere. CEO will be nice to you but behind your back will figure out how to blame things on you. Work/life balance in told you at hiring that it is good but not the truth. Raises do not happen.

3. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Clocktower Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool office, good (flexible) benefits available, great co-workers. I've really enjoyed working on the diversity of projects. I have learned a lot.

Cons

There's a lot of work, which can seem daunting. It's hard to get the details of what actually needs to be done. The account team isn't fully up to speed on web technologies.

Advice to Management

There's too much management that doesn't appear to do anything. I would trim down and give more to your dev's. There's also a lot of confusion on the timelines and details of projects that makes it hard to work.

4. "Good Company - bad middle management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Clocktower Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very, very, very accommodating. Great clients. Cool opportunities. I learned a lot while I was there.

Cons

The project management team was spotty. I saw them drop the ball quite a few times. Communication with clients would not get communicated. There was a middle management tier that was a clique and would not take any accountability. A lot of people took advantage of the trust that was given them.

Advice to Management

I writing this review because I don't agree with the other reviews that I saw. I know who that was and wouldn't believe it. I was paid well, was given full trust to do my job. Had access to the CEO at anytime. Thank you for the opportunity you gave me.

5. "A company I am lucky to be a part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Pros

In a highly competitive field, we are a very sought-after company to clients, who seek us out above all of our competitors. We are all treated like equals, we refer to our company as a team, not just co-workers. Everyone looks out for one another, the leadership in our company instills pride in our work, products, and ideas. Our president is constantly asking for feedback from us on how to make the company work for us, making everyone feel that they have a voice to be heard. Work/life ratio is the best part about this job. Our managers appreciate the hard work we accomplish in the office, and also accommodate to our life outside of work. If you come to work, do your job, you are treated very well. Its a no-brainer.

Cons

Like any company that is going through rapid growing pains as work/projects increase, of course there have ups and downs. The company expanded drastically in one year making work a bit overwhelming at times. But there was also growth in our leadership, who were able to bring more structure to the work load and streamline the projects at hand. After riding that wave, Clocktower Media has come out stronger, more successful, and more cohesive than any other company I have been a part of.

Advice to Management

Keep on growing, keep the ideas pouring in would be the advice I would give! This is a place where new ideas are welcomed with open arms. I am very proud to be a part of this company, and am anxious to see how it grows in the future.

"Good People, AWFUL Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Great understanding of work life balance, great office location, and a variety of different projects to that come in the door.

Cons

Bad benefits (1 week vacation & 3 paid holidays) and low salaries; little to no communication from the president of the company. There's constant push for cash-flow neglecting the clients' needs and producing low-quality products.

Advice to Management

You say your value one thing, but your actions don't back that up. Stop demeaning the value of the work of your designers and developers, and they may enjoy their work.

"Could be great"

I worked at Clocktower Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The variety of clients. Proximity to markets and decent restaurants. Designers and developers are very talented and friendly. Company values are great

Cons

Distracted, unaccountable, untrusting, and absentee CEO - does not inspire loyalty. Promises a lot of perks up front that never manifest. Happy to hand out cool-sounding titles with no skill or effort-based compensation increase. Half of the company is related to one-another or a clique, making honest, transparent communication impossible. Project scoping is performed by Sales team, consistently leading to unrealistic requirements and deadlines. Overtime-exempt employees are expected to work overtime regularly to make up for unrealistic project requirements and mismanagement by ill-equipped project management. Very high-stress environment which allows very little collaboration or team communication. Employees are grossly underpaid with no chance of raises, no matter how senior or skilled they are. HR is outsourced, and is used as a scapegoat when concerns or conflict arise. Benefits are bare minimum. Consistently pressed to push out substandard products to meet time and budget constraints with total neglect of client needs. Designers and developers are allowed no time to refine. I have never seen an employee (apart from management) eat away from their desk. Four times as many managers as creators. Sunk-cost and breakneck deadlines keeps company from innovating as much as they otherwise could. The model seems to be 'burn out, hire another'.

Advice to Management

You don't need more management. Get rid of dead weight. Hire more developers and designers. Reward employees and give incentives for good work. Encourage passion, innovation, and creativity. Lessen the workload and allow collaboration and communication.

8. "Great place to work, couldn't ask for any better."

Pros

A very laid back atmosphere, with the freedom and backing to act on new ideas and ventures within the company. Compensation and time off (rolls over year to year) are very fair, and management is understanding when time off is requested. Very skilled and experienced management staff.

Cons

Working within a small business can mean wearing multiple hats and being pulled in different directions at times.

Advice to Management

Great place to work and a fun environment. Continue leading the company in the direction it's going and trust the management you've put in place to help continue growth within each department.

9. "Motivating"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales & Marketing
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales & Marketing

Pros

Hands down, the best online web marketing company in the State. Creative, effective, fair and techno savvy. The owner Tim Mushen is five steps ahead of all the competition, cool, kind and I knocked on his door for 2 years before I was hired. That alone told me that the company takes their business seriously and just does not hire anyone. It's has to be a great fit. CTM is not about what was or even 'is', it's about being the leader in what is coming too! Great satisfied clients across the country, many of them large accounts.

Cons

Don't express any. It's a joy to come to work everyday. I've been self employed most of my adult life, the oldest on the staff and I love it here. Some things are worth waiting for!

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on. 2012 we will continue to rock Seattle and many other states. It all comes from the top. Mergers, acquisitions....