Close Reviews | Glassdoor

Close Reviews

Updated Jun 7, 2019

Found 19 reviews

4.8
Close CEO Steli Efti (no image)
Steli Efti

"So nice, I joined the company twice!"

Current Employee - Head of Growth in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Close full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company's mission is clear: 1. Build the best software for inside sales teams we possibly can. 2. Build a house you want to live in. People aren't working here to get to the next thing. For most of us, Close.io is "the thing". The entire team is fully remote. Work/life balance is critical. Trust is a big factor, which allows management to give employees a lot of flexibility to do their thing.

Cons

These aren't "cons", but disclaimers: There's no office. So you need to be able to manage yourself and stay productive. The company is slightly understaffed by design. So if you're mailing it in, it'll get noticed very quickly. Having great ideas doesn't mean much here. You have to be able to convince others and/or execute on the idea yourself to make it happen.

"Dream come true"

Content Creator in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Close

Pros

Close.io took a chance on me. I couldn't have been less qualified for the job I was given, but they saw something they liked and took a gamble. I think that's been my biggest takeaway: Close.io believes in people. They believe in their employees, their prospects, their customers, and even their competitor's customers. It's an amazing environment to be a part of

Cons

As of writing, Close.io is still developing a uniform way to connect a team that is spread out across the world. With everyone in different time-zones, it can be hard to stay up-to-date on everything that's going on.

Advice to Management

Your dedication to providing immense value is one of the things that sets you apart. Don't lose sight of that as you grow.

Close2016-03-30
  3. "I have a voice in the company"

I have been working at Close full-time

Pros

I love the transparency across departments, the company consciously makes an effort to keep me happy, great work/life balance and I feel like I have a voice in the company. The team is GREAT - everyone's a master at their respective crafts.

Cons

Nothing at all. One of the best remote work cultures I've experienced.

Advice to Management

You've done a terrific job with the company culture. Let's aim to preserve that as the team grows. <3

Close2019-03-01

"Remote work culture done right"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Prague

I have been working at Close full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong personalities. High-level multidisciplinary skillsets. Implicit trust. Enjoying live. Fundamental aspects of truly working remote culture, which are brought to yet another level right here, right now. Don't miss out.

Cons

In remote work you need to step up your game, have strong discipline and be self-motivated to do your best. But that's hardly a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible level of transparency and trust within the team.

Close2018-05-30

"One of the best remote cultures of any business I've worked with"

I have been working at Close full-time

Pros

Remote working is the future and it's great to find a company that embraces it so fully. Schedules are flexible and as long as the work gets done, nobody really minds when you work. I've met people from all over the world, and twice a year we all get together in the same place. Everyone cares about the product and the business, and are truly some of the best at what they do. The hiring process is rigorous but it... has to be to enable the company culture and ensure people can work together well. They would rather accept the "right" person for the company than the "best" person in the field. Everyone is a little bit mad :)

Cons

If you've never worked remotely before it would be a challenge to adapt. It's also difficult to structure your day around certain meetings due to the differences in timezones. I've found myself working later and later. The benefits offered are great but only if you live in the US. There is no healthcare, dental or 401k otherwise.

Close2017-11-28

"No place I'd rather be!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Close full-time for more than a year

Pros

Close.io is a value-driven product and organization. People here are humble, down to earth, and strive for excellence. No bureaucracy or drama here - it's all about focusing on what truly matters. We live to help salespeople and we believe in the power of inside sales teams to help businesses grow and thrive.

Cons

Not cons -- all I'm saying is that we really expect every individual to step up, and we really trust in everyone to be self-sufficient. You will learn how to rely on yourself, your abilities, and your own convictions, rather than trying to do what everyone else is doing. Don't expect a rigid set of rules for you to "win" the game - you are here to write the rules of the game! You must be confident, while backing... up your input with data. Be humble, because teammates *will* question or challenge your viewpoints. Be ready for a startup that recognizes all the areas it needs to work on, but will not work at them all at once because we must ruthlessly prioritize. On top of that, remote work requires a lot of self-awareness and maturity, as well as the initiative to proactively and independently create the conditions of your success. Management and the team as a whole is very supportive with time and resources for you, but you must step up and ask for it!

Advice to Management

I love your infallible focus in the decisions you make about the people you hire and how you build the product - NEVER lose that.

Close2017-11-26

"Team Awesome"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Close full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best team I ever worked with: supportive, welcoming, fun. Company with a razor sharp focus.

Cons

Remote work comes with a set of challenges. You have to take responsibility for your work day, for maintaining work/life balance etc (don't expect others to fix your day).

"Sales"

I have been working at Close full-time

Pros

tons to learn, incredible management, strong vision and position in the market of CRMs, great people, working remotely, regular team work retreats (all expenses paid), low hierarchy and much more!

Cons

working remotely can be a challenge at times

Close2017-11-21

"10/10 en todos los aspectos"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    (Translated from English)

I have been working at Close full-time for less than a year

Pros

* La empresa valora a sus empleados más que en ningún otro lugar en el que haya trabajado. El director general nos envió un paquete de cuidados durante el ajetreado período de principio de año con vitaminas, bombones y otros regalos. * Puedes trabajar desde cualquier lugar del mundo. Viajar no necesariamente destruye tu límite de días de vacaciones * La gente es impresionante y todos tienen sus propias historias y... rarezas. Los retiros son una gran manera de conectar con estos hermosos humanos * El producto es increíble. ¡Se está creciendo muchísimo y ahora es un gran momento para subirse a bordo del tren Close! * Tengo voz en la compañía.

Cons

*Sinceramente, no se me ocurre nada. Si hay algún problema, el equipo de Close es excelente a la hora de escucharte y encontrar una solución.

Advice to Management

Seguid petándolo.

Close2019-06-07