Cloud Sherpas Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Cloud Sherpas CEO David Northington
David Northington

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can sometimes be challenging, though generally it's fine (in 11 reviews)

• Benefits is average (PTO is mediocre, No 401K matching is a surprise, no tuition reimbursement etc (in 14 reviews)

"Amazing company, amazing culture!"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has a laid back management style that allows for creativity and personal and professional growth. Your ideas are valued and many are tried or at least brainstormed.

The Google, Salesforce and ServiceNow markets/ecosystem in general positions us for huge growth.

Cons

With every small company cash flow can be an issue but with the latest round of funding even that is not as big an issue anymore. with the combination of so many companies, communication of what is going on in the company overall can be sketchy at times as well.

Advice to Management

Share more, be proactive in letting employees know of changes or what others are doing.

"Cloud Sherpas is a great company to work for, fun relaxed and on the cutting edge of technology."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cloud Sherpas does a great job of keeping its employees informed on how it is doing and where the company is going. You are not left in the dark on what management is thinking. There really is a strong team atmosphere at the company. It does not matter what department you are in, if you need help with something there is always another Sherpa that has your back. The casual environment is also a big plus. Whether it is wearing jeans and a t-shirt to work, or taking a break with some ping pong and a beer in the break room, it is a great feeling to be comfortable at work.

Cons

The company is constantly changing and growing. Can be considered a pro or con. There are constantly things changes.

3. "Fun, fast paced company. Work here if you want to be challenged and grow!"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fascinating business working with bleeding edge technology. This company has grown at an amazing speed and created great opportunities for its employees. Everyone who comes here grows in their personal and professional skills. Total meritocracy. Plus in addition to all this hard work and growth, it is an amazingly fun place to work. Great culture, cool, hard working people who are all dedicated to success.

Cons

If you don't like fast paced environments, then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

4. "Fast paced, cutting edge technology and great experience."

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working for Cloud Sherpas eight months ago and have had a fantastic experience. We are partnered with three of the top technology companies in the world - Google, Salesforce and ServiceNow. We continue to receive the highest accolades possible from each of our partners and the growth is really outstanding. I feel like I am part of a company that is not only making the right moves to continue our success, but we are so well supported by our partners that champion our success as well.

I work in the Atlanta office and the environment is casual and fun. It feels like everyone is part of the same team. There are a lot of fun/different benefits to working here, my favorite...there's always beer in the break room!

Cons

Nothing of substance is coming to mind.

5. "Fast pace, growth opportunities, and reward for a job well done"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cloud Sherpas is well funded. Management cares about the business and the employees; the culture is full of highly ethical, hard working people who enjoy what they do. Smart colleagues who know how to have fun. A culture that fosters collaboration and teamwork. Great compensation and benefits. Opportunities for advancement. Employees are treated like adults and are encouraged to share ideas with leadership. We partner with some of the premier companies in the world (ServiceNow, Salesforce.com, Google) and we have a great reputation amongst our clients and within the businesses that we work in. We're growing like crazy to support business demands.

Cons

There's lots of work to be done everywhere, in every department. Even though we're hiring like mad, the business is growing just as rapidly.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your teams by expanding them! Continue to foster a collaborative environment.

6. "A different work atmosphere then any other company, and that's meant in a good way!"

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Treated like an adult; Open and consistent communication; Winning Team; Ascending business

Cons

Growing quickly means there might be some gaps in standardizing business processes, onboarding, etc. but nothing of note thus far

Advice to Management

I'm very satisfied, but of observations made thus far, maybe some things that would help the company globally would be some standardization of processes, not just within regions, but across regions. My management team is doing a great job of doing this for their territories, but it seems like they're almost starting from scratch. We should have company-wide templates, business tools, etc. that need to be tweaked perhaps, but not created from ground up.

Also, I think it's in the company's best interest to formally implement a BYOD policy, that better supports employees using their own laptops and maybe something that outlines what the support desk can and can't help with. Being fairly new, I'm most often at a loss when it comes to questions like this.

7. "New Hire Onboarding"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An in house HR director was the first to contact me, not a 3rd party hiring firm with only limited knowledge of the company.
    I interviewed with inside sales reps who had heavy influence on who would be hired. These people are now my sales teammates!
    The managers I met with were laid back, but still asked the appropriate questions to qualify each candidate. Each conversation was truly a back and forth interview where each side could truly identify if it was a good fit or not.

Cons

All I can say is Cloud Sherpas has created an environment where it is much easier to focus on the pros rather than the cons.

Advice to Management

Keep the pizzas coming!

8. "Outstanding Work Life Balance and Culture"

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about this company is that they pretty much let you manage your projects, time and work location the way that you want. Projects are with well known companies, work weeks rarely exceed 40 hours, and you have the choice of working from home or in an office. Travel is also very manageable, often times occurring at the beginning of a project and not throughout, due to the remote nature of Salesforce.

If you are a solid Salesforce consultant with the ability to take initiative with an independent mindset, you will absolutely thrive. There is also a culture which rewards getting things done as opposed to micro-managing the method of doing so. This however could pose a problem for those who rely on managers or are not truly Salesforce experts themselves.

Cons

The remote aspect of the business and fast growth sometimes prevent the social benefits of working for a company from being attained. However, things like happy hours and team building events do seem to be getting organized more and more.

9. "Clients and Employees First"

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is an enormous pleasure to be part of a fast growing company with so much focus on the clients and that has such a commitment to all employees

Cons

I have nothing to add in this category. All of the feedback is very positive at the moment.

10. "Wonderful place to work!"

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time

Pros

Cloud Sherpas is a fast and innovative organization with top talent all over the world! The cofounders and leaders at Cloud Sherpas place strong emphasis on the culture - it is a fun environment to work in filled with high caliber individuals. Across the organization, you will find a diverse group of employees working hard towards the common goal of providing world-class services for our customers and leading as a cloud services brokerage.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about the company or the employees at Cloud Sherpas! I love working for Cloud Sherpas!