Cloud Sherpas Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 25, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • For me NO Cons experienced at all (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great Culture: fast based yet laid back working environment focused on results
    -Opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you can handle
    -Flexibility of schedule, meaning as long as the work is done you can operate how you like

Cons

-training opportunities have been limited
    -below market salary typically since we were in growth mode (hopefully this changes with the acquisition
    -sometimes our scrappy nature leads to poor processes which on one hand allows us to be nimble but can sometimes create challenges

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Looking forward to great things in the coming years.

"I'm not mad I don't work here anymore."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere and (mostly) friendly people. I felt like my immediate supervisor and fellow team members had my back.

Cons

Little to no training. Very clique-y. Management often keeps secrets from employees until a "big reveal." Meh benefits. Did not feel very supported by upper management. No room for advancement. I felt over-worked pretty constantly.

While I loved aspects of the relaxed environment, I often felt like employees could use a boost of professionalism. Also, I believe the Accenture acquisition is not necessarily a great path.

3. "Room For Improvement (SNBU)"

Pros

* Salary
    * Remote position with little travel
    * Google Apps environment
    * Peers are very positive and hard-working

Cons

* Management organization (pods) passes many managerial responsibilities to Sr. IS (implementation specialist) who are unable to do more than the bare minimum due to an already heavy workload. This also results in many decentralized IS cliques that take a lot of time to become introduced to. Typical engagement with actual management is "can you do this [work type]?" and "how are you?" over text chat interface.
    * Project/engagement managers are hit and miss. Expect to take on these responsibilities and recap progress with them 10 minutes prior to customer engagement. There are seemingly no process guidelines here or lack of enforcement. This is somewhat typical of PS orgs so I have not included it in the star rating...
    * Target utilization is not enforced on the positive side. Say no to work. The organization will work you like a dog for the extra margin if allowed to do so.
    * Pretty sterile workaholic culture. Somewhat positive but zero focus on work/life balance or engineer fun.

Advice to Management

For high-performance engineers the management review process and culture encourages burn out. This seems to depend heavily on the project, but the bad ones leave a lasting impression.

"Not all it was hyped up to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good perks, laid back, cool office space, weekly lunch

Cons

long hours, cliques, not very diverse

5. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Love the atmosphere and culture

Cons

Concern about Accenture purchase and how things will turn out

Advice to Management

Make sure Accenture was the right move

"Experienced employees; great culture"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cloud Sherpas hires the best of the best in the Salesforce market. Because of this, when you come onboard you're surrounded by smart people that you can learn from. Leadership is supportive and ideas are heard and considered. Growth trajectory has been incredible and exciting. The work is fun and we're working in a hot space where there's always something new to learn. Projects are complex and you get exposure to many different things on projects. While you'll sometimes put in long hours and everyone works really hard, you also have freedom to maintain work/life balance and family life is valued here. Travel is less than many other companies in the industry.

Cons

No 401k Match (this will change with the Accenture acquisition). PTO time is less than others in the space.

Advice to Management

Continue to retain this great culture. Trust your employees and they will continue to accellerate the company.

7. "Great place to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Challenging yet rewarding work, fast paced environment, no micromanging, lot of chance of advancement. Easily talk to anyone, from lower level roles to CEO. Fantastic culture, look forward to going to work everyday!

Cons

Hard to think of many but one area that could improve would be some areas in benefits

8. "Definitely made the right decision!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance. Culture is relaxed. Management seems to abide by the "work hard - play hard" mentality and does not micromanage. Fast paced environment (I guess some may see this as a con, but I do not). Opportunity for advancement and certification help. Bright team!

Cons

I cannot really think of many. I guess if I had to think of one it would be that the PTO is less than other tech companies.

Advice to Management

Invest in employees!

9. "Year 4 @ Cloud Sherpas"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open environment for innovation and advancement; opportunity to grow as an individual and as a leader; direct access to senior management; and direct influence on company's top and bottom line.

Cons

Anyone growing at our speed will encounter some pains. Those pains have been minimal and really not worth a mention.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower the staff and you will continue to see the amazing results!

10. "Great people, exciting changes, and innovative work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people- incredibly innovative and a great team atmosphere. Everyone working towards a common goal- success of projects and client satisfaction.

Cons

Sometimes a bit difficult to feel connected with how spread out our team is but with quarterly calls with updates from leadership along with local happy hours, it's easier to connect with colleagues and feel a part of a team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Excited to get to know Accenture leadership over the coming months as well