Cloud Sherpas Reviews | Glassdoor

Cloud Sherpas Reviews

Updated December 15, 2016

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • But work life balance is amazing (in 16 reviews)

• Young and growing company with a relaxed work environment (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can sometimes be challenging, though generally it's fine (in 11 reviews)

• Benefits is average (PTO is mediocre, No 401K matching is a surprise, no tuition reimbursement etc (in 14 reviews)

"Excellent in SFDC Consulting - Sr. Mgr"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Strong Colleagues, Great Accelerator assets, Top shelf clients

Cons

As a Sr. Manager, on occasion, schedule gets overbooked, but it evens out over time. It's the nature of the business

Advice to Management

Keep it going. Thanks for the strategic investments

"Great place to work!!"

Pros

Excellent company to work for! I've been here close to three years and the company continues to grow and strengthen its position as a leader in the industry. Great people to work with, couldn't be happier with my decision to be a Sherpa.

Cons

Because of the large growth over the last year or so, expectations are high and it can get pretty stressfull at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work environment: Collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. There is a general openness to new ideas and trying new things.

Benefits: Great benefits. There are 3 healthcare plan options, the basic plan is completely free to the employee. The high end plan is around $35/per pay period for an individual. Short term disability is automatic for all employees.

Hours: Most employees come in at 9am and leave at 5pm.

Professional Development: The company offers "lunch and learns" to employees in the office 1-2x a month. Food is provided and we have a speaker talk about technology innovations.

Transparency: Quarterly updates on company performance are offered via GTM presentations so employees know how the company is doing.

Growth Opportunities: The company really seems to value its employees, if you do well there are promotion opportunities.

Cons

The only real con I see is that there is currently no 401K matching. Hopefully its coming!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Is committed to fairness and excellence"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cloud Sherpas hires very good people and puts them in a position to succeed. The focus is on the customer and the culture fosters collaboration to help make our clients successful.

Cons

Our success requires a lot of individual time and effort and hinders work/life balance. It's not all bad because it's a company-wide dedication that produces results.

6. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's been awhile since I worked for a company growing near the pace of Sherpas and it's refreshing to see the opportunities that result from the explosive growth. Cloud Sherpas constantly provides new opportunities for employees and our clients are among the coolest companies on the planet...so the work is all that much more enjoyable.

Cons

If you don't handle change well or are not interested in making results happen quickly, you may struggle. The travel can also wear on you as with any consulting organization but when you aren't on the road delivering for a client, many enjoy the flexibility of working from home.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Every organization has challenges that cannot be solved overnight but we will get to all of them in time.

7. "Great environment! Direction one can buy into"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the open sharing of all our wins and direction each month. Cloud Sherpas is growing at an astronomical pace and has a determined direction that everyone is pulling together for. The people I've worked with so far are all great - helpful, willing, friendly. The degree of internal knowledge transfer and sharing is the one thing that really makes this crowd stand out for me!!!

Cons

As others have mentioned, the cons are the standard ones for any consulting role. Travel can get tiring, customer preparedness and fast pace. Nothing new... PTO policy is lower than most consultancy firms I've worked with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep sharing. Keep the direction. My only suggestion for difference is that the internal project review process could do with tweaks to make them more appropriate to roles.

8. "Great company"

Pros

They keep you up-to-date on how the company is performing. You always mingle with other departments within the company. Everyone is very nice and helpful. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

I can't think of one thing.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

9. "Great Opportunity"

Pros

I'm a recent new hire and have enjoyed the interaction with the internal staff. Everyone is friendly and very professional. I'll enjoy working here and experience the opportunities for growth. The flexibility of being able to be a remote worker is a definite plus.

Cons

None to speak of that I can think of.

"Not Happy"

I worked at Cloud Sherpas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cloud Sherpas has some fabulous employees! I has the pleasure of meeting some wonderful, smart, insightful people during my time at Cloud Sherpas. My managers were always wonderful and as helpful as they could be.

Cons

There was very little support when assigned to a project. I was repeatedly assigned to projects that were outside the scope of what I was hired for. For example, I was hired as a Salesforce Consultant and I was assigned as a PM to a project after just a few months of being hired. I spent a lot of time being unassigned and I think that they should have spent more time vetting out the resources that they needed before hiring a lot of people, just to turn around any lay them off with no notice. They also have a policy that no one at CS can be a reference for you. So not only was I laid off completely unexpectedly, but was unable to use any of the wonderful people that i had worked with personally as resources. There was also no place to go to do research on previous projects that might have been helpful - everything was sone through Google Docs, so if you weren't allowed access, you couldn't benefit from the previous work that had been done.

Advice to Management

Please consider changing your reference policy.

11. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Architect
    Current Employee - Technical Architect

I have been working at Cloud Sherpas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Self directed, challenging work. The team members seem to be motivated and talented, and if you do get a job here, you can consider yourself to be in good company. The hiring process is thorough, and I think they do a good job of finding colleagues and not just place-holders.

Cons

It is consulting. The challenges at Sherpas are not unique to Sherpas. They come with the territory. Having worked for more than one of their competitors, I now see that 95% of the frustration that a consultant can encounter is not isolated to one company or another.

Advice to Management

So far, I have been impressed with the team. That black art of software estimation might require some focus. Perhaps there should be a group that does the estimation and customer vetting. Perhaps that group could rotate its members? I would estimate that 90% of waste occurs due to lack of customer preparedness, which causes issues with estimation. It is hard to argue with a customer when they say they are ready to go, I am sure.