CloudHealth Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
CloudHealth Technologies CEO Tom Axbey
Tom Axbey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good job CloudHealth for making this a great place to work" (in 4 reviews)

• "During my 3 months at CloudHealth, I was fully immersed in the company culture and treated like a valuable part of the team" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "As an SDR, you're expected to work extremely long hours prospecting and sourcing new opportunities for an assigned Account Executive" (in 7 reviews)

• "Office space is a bit cramped, dull" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Unbelievable company and opportunity"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Market leading product that is a no-brainer for anyone using the cloud, A player colleagues who are always willing to help, competitive pay, experienced exec team that care deeply about the business and employees. If you work hard and apply yourself you will be given the opportunities that you want to progress your career quicker than you could elsewhere - growing from the inside is big here. CloudHealth jump-started my career and the experience gained working with the senior management teams here is priceless - it has been an MBA in itself. The Boston HQ and EMEA HQ in London are extremely nice and located as central as one could possibly want.

Cons

Honestly can't think of anything that would qualify as a negative here. This is such a great, truly global company and if you're thinking of applying my advice would be to not hesitate.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing and continue to scale the business with the key tenets of the culture that makes us so successful.

2. "Senior Software Engineer"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Challenging technology in an interesting field. Great people and culture. Beautiful office.

Cons

There's a little too much process sometimes.

"Best place I've worked at"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Everyone is super nice and helpful.
    Love the transparency and being able to know what is really going on.
    Opportunity to branch off and wear multiple hats is always there.
    Great culture
    Definitely a great place to work if you want to make an impact. There is a lot to do.

Cons

The commute but they also help with that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Unsafe development practices, exposure of customer credentials, worse"

I worked at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location in Boston is great, moderately okay income.

Cons

In the time I was there I witnessed a data breach, the issues of which could have easily been avoided. In a nutshell, inexperienced or rogue engineers doing stupid things.

On a daily basis I witnessed developers accessing customer credentials, pulling up a Ruby IRB, and start hacking away against live customer environments. When confronted about what were clearly dangerous practices, rather than do the right thing, they stick their head in the sand, or take offense that you've called them out, Security at CloudHealth is non-existent where it counts most.

Since I've left, when I poke about, they still have not revoked my credentials. I can still get into critical systems months later, and could seriously hurt their business badly. It provides me a good laugh on a weekly basis to observe that they still have no clue.

These guys are pathetic.

"Unbelievable Opportunity"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great culture
    - Collaborative Team
    - Amazing Office
    - Team members who are invested and actually want to make impact with a product that is transforming the Cloud industry and market.
    - Great opportunity to own areas of practice and take on more responsibilities.

Cons

- The amount of work can be overwhelming but at the same time it's better to have that problem than not to have it.
    - On-boarding was a bit difficult but reflecting back on it the research I did made me understand the office more.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on transparency and inclusion with ideas and responsibilities.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Intelligent people, flexible time off, free beer, and a company on the way to being Boston's next big tech company.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a little rough, as the company scales up from being a startup, startup hours are still the norm.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, be a bit more mindful about employees having to put in too many hours week to week.

"All Velocity, No Quality, Minimal work/life balance"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the type of company where at the outings everyone cheers for the sales team to the tune of "We Will Rock You" while they dance on stage like rock-stars. Events like this are fun and wild.

Everyone is super nice and pretty chill and the after-hours party culture is strong. There is free beer on tap and most events have free food and liquor.

The commuter/gym perk is really good

There are lots of learning opportunities for those willing to take ownership.

Cons

Quality is severely lacking and only slowly being improved upon. Testing is extremely minimal. Many issues are not caught until they are already live.

To mirror what another review said, many meetings are held where the same issues are talked about by management, yet nothing is ever done to fix them. The general feedback coming from them is "Someone needs to take ownership, but lets never decide who that will be even though nobody is volunteering."

New parts of the platform are being built like it is the wild west by mostly senior members of the engineering team who are not holding themselves to the same standard of quality that they are now expecting of the rest of the organization.

Some engineers spend parts of their day doing manual tasks to keep the product running. The number of manual tasks is growing over time.

Tribal knowledge permeates through every level of engineering and, in combination with the manual tasks problem, leads to many complicated and difficult to solve sudden changes in product functionality.

A quote I have heard thrown around "If you are a 40h company, you are going to lose to an 80h company every time." Many engineers frequently can be found working late at night or on weekends to keep up with their workloads. Features have been shipped on weekends and holidays. Certain teams are even required to do work on weekends in order to meet old-school maintenance-window contracts.

Advice to Management

There is a disturbing undertone of blame culture forming between product and engineering. This is toxic and needs to be dealt with.

Trickle down information is the worst way to provide feedback. If you are several levels above someone, stop relying on games of telephone with middle managers to give feedback to lower level people. The message will be lost through translation, if the message is ever passed on at all.

CloudHealth Technologies Response

Jun 18, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our Engineering team is growing rapidly and the areas you’ve highlighted are consistently part of the conversation as we scale and mature our... More

"Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cloudhealth has it all. Fast growing, well funded, and a market leading product. BUT the best part is the culture. Everyone is dialed in to the same goals and has fun getting there together.

Cons

We need to be more conscience of our non-HQ peers to make sure they feel included in everything as if they were right here with us in Boston. Easier said than done.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture at (almost) any cost. Happy employees are the most productive employees.

"Technical Account Manager"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Transparency, opportunities for professional growth, excellent company culture, great benefits, management truly takes time to understand their team's needs and personal goals, stellar product in a very hot space

Cons

Growing pains, understaffed teams

Advice to Management

Continue to scale while keeping a focus on retaining the company's inclusive and positive culture

"One of the best companies in Boston"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture and great people to work with. Everyone is committed to the company mission and the executive staff are all very approachable.

Cons

Some growing pains as the company grows as fast as it is.