CloudHealth Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
CloudHealth Technologies CEO Tom Axbey
Tom Axbey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "During my 3 months at CloudHealth, I was fully immersed in the company culture and treated like a valuable part of the team" (in 3 reviews)

• "The executive team at CloudHealth has embraced this approach from day one and we've assembled a pretty incredible group of people as a result" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "As an SDR, you're expected to work extremely long hours prospecting and sourcing new opportunities for an assigned Account Executive" (in 7 reviews)

• "Growing pains, understaffed teams" (in 4 reviews)

"Unbelievable Opportunity"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great culture
    - Collaborative Team
    - Amazing Office
    - Team members who are invested and actually want to make impact with a product that is transforming the Cloud industry and market.
    - Great opportunity to own areas of practice and take on more responsibilities.

Cons

- The amount of work can be overwhelming but at the same time it's better to have that problem than not to have it.
    - On-boarding was a bit difficult but reflecting back on it the research I did made me understand the office more.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on transparency and inclusion with ideas and responsibilities.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Intelligent people, flexible time off, free beer, and a company on the way to being Boston's next big tech company.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a little rough, as the company scales up from being a startup, startup hours are still the norm.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, be a bit more mindful about employees having to put in too many hours week to week.

"All Velocity, No Quality, Minimal work/life balance"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the type of company where at the outings everyone cheers for the sales team to the tune of "We Will Rock You" while they dance on stage like rock-stars. Events like this are fun and wild.

Everyone is super nice and pretty chill and the after-hours party culture is strong. There is free beer on tap and most events have free food and liquor.

The commuter/gym perk is really good

There are lots of learning opportunities for those willing to take ownership.

Cons

Quality is severely lacking and only slowly being improved upon. Testing is extremely minimal. Many issues are not caught until they are already live.

To mirror what another review said, many meetings are held where the same issues are talked about by management, yet nothing is ever done to fix them. The general feedback coming from them is "Someone needs to take ownership, but lets never decide who that will be even though nobody is volunteering."

New parts of the platform are being built like it is the wild west by mostly senior members of the engineering team who are not holding themselves to the same standard of quality that they are now expecting of the rest of the organization.

Some engineers spend parts of their day doing manual tasks to keep the product running. The number of manual tasks is growing over time.

Tribal knowledge permeates through every level of engineering and, in combination with the manual tasks problem, leads to many complicated and difficult to solve sudden changes in product functionality.

A quote I have heard thrown around "If you are a 40h company, you are going to lose to an 80h company every time." Many engineers frequently can be found working late at night or on weekends to keep up with their workloads. Features have been shipped on weekends and holidays. Certain teams are even required to do work on weekends in order to meet old-school maintenance-window contracts.

Advice to Management

There is a disturbing undertone of blame culture forming between product and engineering. This is toxic and needs to be dealt with.

Trickle down information is the worst way to provide feedback. If you are several levels above someone, stop relying on games of telephone with middle managers to give feedback to lower level people. The message will be lost through translation, if the message is ever passed on at all.

CloudHealth Technologies Response

Jun 18, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our Engineering team is growing rapidly and the areas you’ve highlighted are consistently part of the conversation as we scale and mature our... More

"Culture!"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cloudhealth has it all. Fast growing, well funded, and a market leading product. BUT the best part is the culture. Everyone is dialed in to the same goals and has fun getting there together.

Cons

We need to be more conscience of our non-HQ peers to make sure they feel included in everything as if they were right here with us in Boston. Easier said than done.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture at (almost) any cost. Happy employees are the most productive employees.

"Technical Account Manager"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Transparency, opportunities for professional growth, excellent company culture, great benefits, management truly takes time to understand their team's needs and personal goals, stellar product in a very hot space

Cons

Growing pains, understaffed teams

Advice to Management

Continue to scale while keeping a focus on retaining the company's inclusive and positive culture

"One of the best companies in Boston"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture and great people to work with. Everyone is committed to the company mission and the executive staff are all very approachable.

Cons

Some growing pains as the company grows as fast as it is.

"Sales Development Representative"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Great culture with great opportunities to grow your career.

Cons

Things can move a bit slow in terms of advancement.

Advice to Management

Focus on building a scalable business model and not just the company Kool Aid.

"Incredible Culture"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to grow your career, supportive teammates, fun environment to make an impact

Cons

I have had no negative experiences

"Incredible Experience"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having worked at lager, more established technology companies, coming to a startup like CloudHealth was a leap for me. That said, it was the greatest thing I've done career-wise. From the very beginning, I have been highly valued and respected and the company has tried to align me with challenging work. The culture is absolutely amazing both personally (everyone is extremely friendly) and professionally (continual opportunities to grow, challenge yourself, and truly leave a mark on a flourishing company.

Cons

I have yet to see anything that I would list as a con.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on maintaining the culture and focus on customer value as we grow!

CloudHealth Technologies Response

Feb 7, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

I'm glad you found the opportunity you were looking for at CHT! We're committed to creating the best possible employee experience for our people as we scale, so we'll consider anything that sets... More

"Good place to learn and take charge"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management here wants you to have ownership and try new things. It's a very "fail fast" type of environment where you are encouraged to test and analyze and regroup for all sorts of processes. It's been stated that just because we've been doing something a certain way for a while, it doesn't mean it's the only way to do it. CHT is a very fastpaced place to work, but you are encouraged to speak up and get involved. Love the transparency.

Cons

There are a few different training programs to get you up to speed - which are all great. But as a new person, it's hard to know which program does what thing for who.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing transparency and company culture. It works wonders.