CloudHealth Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sales"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, fast growing industry, excellent Executive Management.

Cons

Not a lot to provide here., working at CHT is overall great. Lack of transparency would be the only con I can provide.

"Awesome place to work at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, Collaborative people all around you. Lots of room for personal initiatives. Lots of promotion opportunities

Cons

must be excited about your job to be successful

"More Than Just a Job: A Launchpad for Success Professionally and Personally"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you put in the work - know the customer and know the product - you have a say here in the future of CloudHealth and senior people will listen to your suggestions. If you work hard, new opportunities are sure to come your way.

This company is incredibly transparent and the executives get to know everyone. No matter your role, you have full visibility into the operation of this company across all departments.

The managers here are very flexible. This is not a face time organization. You are treated as an adult and just expected to get your work done. You are expected to have a life outside of work.

Cons

None. Many of the reviews I read when interviewing listed the long hours as a con. I have now been here ~3 months and the hours have not been a problem. If you love what you are doing and enjoy the people you work with (which everyone at CloudHealth does) then you will not mind putting in the time. Also no one is forcing you to be here. If you like to leave to get in a workout then log back in later, you are encouraged to do that. Everyone at this organization is flexible and just wants to create an environment that allows you to work to your fullest potential.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Still keep up the effort to get to know everyone and keep the culture transparent as the company grows. This is one of the hallmarks of CloudHealth.

"a "TEAM" atmosphere"

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of your typical start-up office perks (snacks, cold brew, beer on tap, unlimited PTO, etc.) with an extremely motivated team that has a good balance of work hard-play hard. Does not feel like a typical "company", as all the employees support and work with one another to reach a goal. Management is transparent and I personally attend a weekly meeting with C level executives, they really want all their employees to succeed and grow. Highly recommend for entry-level up to matured individuals who want to experience a start up atmosphere.

Cons

Cold brew tap sometimes runs out of coffee in the morning before it can be refilled-- it can be quite inconvenient!

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the importance of connecting and teaching new employees on an individual level. With the addition of new training practices all new employees attend, it seems as some may not receive the close attention needed to be successful. The training is an great addition that recently was added to the CloudHealth new hire process, but middle management must continue to train and teach them individually to ensure success.

"CloudHealth Technologies: An Amazing Place to Work"

Former Employee - BDR in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I worked at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Startups always preach about the "culture" and how important it is to their success. However, at CloudHealth that mentality really goes beyond culture and really embodies a family-like mentality. I enjoyed every minute of my time with the organization and truly felt at home. My co-workers were dear friends and we spent time together in the office, as well as on the weekends - and this spanned to other departments and employees I didn't see on a daily basis as well. From company outings, to happy hours, to playing sports together and socializing on the weekend it really is a close-knit unit here. Everyone is friendly and cares about the company, as well as those who work for it across the board. I would 100% recommend CloudHealth to anyone in the Boston area to take a look at. If you want to be part of the exciting high-growth stage of an organization - this is the place for you.

During my tenure at CloudHealth I was able to learn the skills and tools necessary to be highly successful, and was fortunate enough to be able to travel on behalf of the organization as well; and represent CloudHealth at trade-shows and on-site meetings. These experiences were crucial in helping me transition within my own career, due to a relocation for family, and I cannot thank them enough for everything that I was able to learn.

Cons

This is my honest opinion here: there are none. If you are willing to put forth the effort and work your behind off, this organization will give you all the necessary tools to advance your career and be highly successful in whatever career path you choose to take with CloudHealth.

"One of the best growth software companies"

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Incredible opportunity to be a part of a great Cloud growth story and creating a next generation software product; Software solution delivers real, enterprise value to customers, Executives genuinely care about their employees - it is not just talk

Cons

Company is growing fast so employees need to take initiative and be comfortable working in a growing and changing environment.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on the employees and the customers and everything else will fall in place to support the companies growth.

"More than just a healthy cloud!"

Current Employee - Engineering in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Boston, MA

I have been working at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cloudhealth has built itself up as one of the best companies to work for in the Boston area. They represent a lot of great qualities Boston startups want to have: a leader in a huge market opportunity, a data and technology challenge which requires pushing development and infrastructure to its limit, a great executive team with leadership in the area they're trying to deliver product, and well-funded with a new series D round of $46M.

As an engineer, there are opportunities for growth in every way: deep algorithmic technical design and implementation, UI and creating a new look and feel, and the ability to create product that delivers value to the biggest companies in the world.

Cloudhealth has broken down barriers across groups and has open doors so that you can grow as an employee in a number of different ways: business, financial, technical. The team encourages people from all groups, front and back of the house, to be part of the decisions surrounding growing the company. This gives you key insights into how to run a world class business from startup to mid-size business and beyond.

It is rare to find a company that has product-market fit but still has work to do to realize it, but those are the best companies to work for because they challenge your notions of what is good enough and make you a better employee.

Cons

Cloudhealth hasn't entirely shaken the startup culture (and it's not clear they ever will, as it has benefits,) but that means there's an expectation of intrinsic willingness to take ownership for things that might seem outside your control. You have to be willing to take on leaving code better than how you found it, you have to become part of the solutions or you will be left behind. This can be challenging for people, and therefore for someone looking for more regimented structure (although it's getting better) they may flounder.

Like any company, there are problems to be solved here around the delivery of excellent product. Because the company is beginning its transition into its next phase for its customers, there are challenges to keep things afloat while ushering in the changes to making a world class platform and architecture. To keep up, you have to put in a lot of effort and fight the technical debt and complexity. It can be easy to get distracted if you allow it. You have to be committed to taking ownership and finishing what you start.

This can feel insurmountable, and a person looking to work here should ask themselves if being deeply connected with where they work and pushing yourself and being pushed by those around you is the environment you're looking for. It's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

They know this but do not lose sight of how the industry is changing. Stay lean and agile where possible. Hire well. Keep taking risks.

"Management values development velocity above anything else"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are not experienced in cloud computing and AWS, you can gain great experience by working here. The variety of databases and technologies will be make for a good learning experience.

Cons

Some parts of the code base are in bad shape from super-fast initial development (read high velocity), followed by years of bandaging. This became a significant enough problem that a dedicated "support development" team was established to address customer facing issues. Folks with "slow velocity" were sent to toil in that team on issues that the regular team did not have time to address.

Difficulty and effort involved in making enhancements to existing fragile code was always disregarded by management; the approach was "let's get this completed fast" and if things don't go to plan, the engineer was blamed; A few engineers were let go under these circumstances after more than six months of employment. These projects were never completed later by others.

Top management stated categorically that the scarcest resource was "time" and not capital or people, implying engineers were expected to work long hours. Looking back, I realize this company does not have a culture of mentorship, teamwork or quality in work completed, and the only way to please management is by achieving "top velocity."

Advice to Management

With interviewees discuss more than just saying "get in on the ground floor in our successful startup!" Discuss engineering management style/expectations /values/priorities, this will help you hire people that match company culture.

Realize that many engineering activities like fixing data/schema/infrastructure and other issues have exactly zero feature velocity but are critical to business success.

Some leaders in engineering display confrontational and unprofessional behavior towards subordinates - address this firmly without ambiguity.

"A startup that is not for everyone"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at CloudHealth Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really smart people at the company that were fun to work with. You have a chance to work on a broad range of features / feature enhancements.

Cons

There are some really smart people at this company that were not fun to work with.

The management team was at times unprofessional with the way they handled engineers. They had clear favorites / people they did not like, and your assigned work often reflected their views of you. Read, you may be perpetually fixing bugs.

It seemed as if CHT thought throwing more people at features would increase new feature development instead of fixing the things that slowed engineer velocity (general technical debt issues like development environment stability, tooling, etc).

The topics at retrospectives always seem to focus around the same topics with little to no progress being made. When I left, a lot of the pain points for the company and the developer were the same as when I joined.

Advice to Management

The attitude of management towards the engineering team shows a clear disconnect. Internal and external blog posts from the leadership team do not inspire employees or light a fire (as was likely intended). Rather, these blog posts come off as condescending and self serving. I don't think velocity will increase until there is a common understanding of what is causing engineers problems during the development process.

CloudHealth Technologies Response

Jun 29, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We move engineers around the department when they tell us they’re ready to tackle a new challenge, or if one of our teams needs additional support... More

"Cutting corners to make deadlines"

I worked at CloudHealth Technologies full-time

Pros

Lots of young people
    Nice location

Cons

Egomaniac CEO
    Cutting corners to make deadlines stressed me out
    Rushed pace and long hours with poor salaries

Advice to Management

Focus on customers rather than trying to be the next hot "startup"