- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA Area
- - Waltham, MA
- - Topsfield, MA
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Bristol, United Kingdom Area
- - Bristol, England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Israel - All Cities
- - Tel Aviv
- - Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel Area
- - Tel Aviv-Yafo
Found 77 of over 79 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "People are passionate and excited to come into work." (in 16 reviews)
- "CloudLock has an amazing culture, and everyone works hard toward the same vision." (in 11 reviews)
- "Great atmosphere and leadership." (in 7 reviews)
- "The team is awesome and it really does feel like being around family much of the time." (in 6 reviews)
- "everyone is accessible and helpful and giving of their time." (in 5 reviews)
- "deadlines are often not met, sometimes there is so much going on that it's hard to on put the focus and attention that things deserve, compensation is less than market but other benefits to make up for it like workplace happiness" (in 4 reviews)
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 3, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
but it's gone now, unfortunately
was acquired by cisco years ago
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 19, 2020 - FinanceRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
exciting, high growth, great people
none none none none none
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 31, 2016 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A lot of companies talk about great cultures and transparency and a lot of other corporate jargon, but I can honestly say after being at CloudLock for more than a year and 1/2 now this stuff is actually really true here. There is no "ivory tower" of the executives and senior leaders - everyone is accessible and helpful and giving of their time. The people here are incredibly smart and some of the kindest folks you will ever meet. I know others have said it here - but it honestly feels like family. We are creating something special here, and the new hires we have made as we grow (fast) have really been both great fits and incredibly impactful. I honestly can't shut up about CloudLock to my friends :).
Like any start-up that is growing really fast, we probably need more improvements on certain processes and tools. We have a lot of the latest tech in development, but could probably stand to use some in other areas of the organization.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 16, 2015 - Software Engineer in Waltham, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Cloudlock is a very friendly place: people take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a "human resource". The company is like a family, and playing video games together or walking along the river kindles a very tight-knit culture.
There is an implicit pressure to work long hours: 60 and 70 hour weeks are the norm. Nobody wants to appear "lazy" by leaving the office at 5 PM, or by not responding to work emails while at home. The company culture rewards those who work harder, rather than those who work smarter. In addition, the software that runs Cloudlock is held together with band-aids and prayers. The management doesn't want to invest in quality software engineering practices, preferring to ship features as fast as possible. There's never time to write documentation or automated tests, and as a result, software stability goes out the window. The process of testing changes is a slow and painful one, which sucks the joy out of writing software. Oh, and training and mentoring? Hah. There's no time for that right now, we have to fix this critical problem on production!Continue reading
Sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one at CloudLock. While we appreciate your acknowledging our company culture in a positive light, clearly you had some concerns regarding our engineering processes and expressed concerns over work/life balance issues. We are always striving to learn from current and former employee feedback, so we truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are a fast growing start-up in a fast growing market, and do have a lot of people wearing a lot of different hats working on things that perhaps similar roles in larger companies do not. This does result in some long hours sometimes, but while we do work hard we have been hyper-conscious of work/life balance and continue to make great strides in balancing the two. Hyper-growth start ups are not for everyone - and while yes, we do have a lot of the fun "perks" we are also working really hard and passionately towards something great. Part of the learning process in this kind of environment is continuing to learn from feedback, mistakes and successes. Our engineering team has continued to make incredible leaps and bounds over the past two years, as evidence by both the incredible products they produce, the explosive customer adoption, and the team themselves. Thanks again for your feedback - as our journey continues your feedback and from other past and current CloudLock team members will be key in helping to drive our future. Gil
- Current Employee★★★★★Feb 9, 2015 - in Waltham, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
CloudLock is an incredible place to learn, grow and fulfill yourself. The culture is all about openness, transparency, independence, empowerment, and collaboration. If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact and see the big picture, this is your place! The company has very flat hierarchies and there are numerous initiatives that anyone can get involved in regardless of how long you've been with the company or how senior you are. The company has a no a**hole policy and it is super easy to get along with everyone. What's nice as well is that the company is multi-cultural with employees from more than 15 countries. The office is a cool refurbished red-brick factory building with an open floor plan, bright windows and a very cool deck and balcony. Benefits are great as well with a Summer Friday (half-day off every second Friday), Free snacks, free bagels Thursdays and Free Lunch Fridays. There are a lot of ways to get involved beyond work (if you want to) with employees getting together to help re-garden a school for children with disabilities or joint running clubs.
Although benefits are generally very good for a startup, the one area that would be nice is to have a matching 401K.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I joined CloudLock in July, right before the acquisition and it has been a great experience. My days are very fast-paced and challenging but I enjoy it because I get new opportunities often and have been learning a lot. Every day is different. I have been given a lot of responsibilities and grown from them. I think there is a lot of ways to make your mark here and people who take initiatives are highly applauded. Work/life balance is good, summer Fridays were great! The culture is fun, not over the top but there are a lot of friendly people and there are a good amount of things that you can participate in.
In my experience, I find that my role is not super defined. I am doing more than I expected when I accepted the offer, which is good in my case but some might be surprised by this. Not necessarily a con but being a self-starter is important here. There is not a ton of documentation on how to do things so you need to seek out information and get projects going.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Feb 16, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Best reasons to work here? -CloudLockers: These people are genuine, friendly & fun to work with...who happen to be wicked smart and talented! -Culture: High collaboration / people-centric environment...we enjoy working hard and celebrating our successes! From using google docs to share ideas to hangouts with colleagues in Tel Aviv, we're interacting with each other and producing great work because of it. -Leadership: employees have line of sight to company mission, vision, & values. We understand how the work done on an individual basis trees up to department goals and company goals....which is really a testament to a Leadership Team that GETS IT! -Opportunity: CloudLock is at the crux of security and the cloud...THE hottest markets right now. We're growing and gaining momentum, so there's a ton of opportunity for high-potential, A-players to come in and make a huge impact & grow with the company!
Lots to do and many competing priorities. This requires employees to set expectations and re-calibrate those expectations as the need arises.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 12, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The CloudLockers seem to have gotten the mix just right - collaboration, transparency from top to bottom, employee empowerment, culture, and hard, hard, hard work. It seems that no matter the department, everyone is driven to take initiative, drive projects, take risks, and get rewarded for it. This is probably the highest concentration of A players I've ever worked with, making it such a joy to come in every day! As for management - it's amazing just how connected they are to the business, customers, and individual employees. No one is ever too important or too busy to help you get stuff done. And lastly, a note on culture - there are the typical startup perks like free friday lunches and social get-togethers, but the real fun runs in the veins in between, we all love getting to know each other and have an overall positive attitude in the office. This is an amazing place to be!
Overall benefits are great, though there may be room for improvement in 401K matching.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul 7, 2015 - in Waltham, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company has grown up tremendously in the last few years and lots of people have seen their careers grow as well (including myself). They offer lots of mobility and internal promotions are the norm. Turnover is low while we continue to hire at a quick pace. Don't be surprised to see a small hackathon project spurn a new product or feature. Innovation is engrained within the company.
The product suite is spread a bit thin and they need to make sure to prioritize internal investments even when that means dates might slip. Management is aware of this and improvements have been made. If you are someone that wants to be told what to work on next, you might struggle here. It is a very empowered organization.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 27, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Incredibly intelligent, creative, kind, and driven employees - More cross-functional collaboration than you can shake a stick at - Ultra-transparent culture without any bureaucracy, red tape, or politics - Management team that genuinely cares about their employees - Great space to be in - cloud & security - Huge opportunity for professional growth - Terrific product with a successful business model, hyper-growth - Apple computers with freedom to BYOD, use any tech. you need to work - Fully stocked kitchen with lots of snacks - Quality lunch provided on Fridays (Thai, Indian, Sushi, Pizza, etc.)
- Not a place where you can hide (not a con for hard workers) - Expectation to produce at a high level, be very dedicated (as nearly all your peers will be), and go the extra mile - or four ... work / life balance can be weighted towards work (again, not a con for the right people)Continue reading
CloudLock Reviews FAQs
CloudLock has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 79 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at CloudLock to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
91% of CloudLock employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CloudLock 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.