Cover image for CloudLock

CloudLock

Is this your company?

CloudLock

Add a Review

CloudLock Employee Reviews about "cloudlock"

Updated Aug 25, 2017

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "deadlines are often not met, sometimes there is so much going on that it's hard to on put the focus and attention that things deserve, compensation is less than market but other benefits to make up for it like workplace happiness(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "cloudlock"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great opportunities!

Jan 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined CloudLock in July, right before the acquisition and it has been a great experience. My days are very fast-paced and challenging but I enjoy it because I get new opportunities often and have been learning a lot. Every day is different. I have been given a lot of responsibilities and grown from them. I think there is a lot of ways to make your mark here and people who take initiatives are highly applauded. Work/life balance is good, summer Fridays were great! The culture is fun, not over the top but there are a lot of friendly people and there are a good amount of things that you can participate in.

Cons

In my experience, I find that my role is not super defined. I am doing more than I expected when I accepted the offer, which is good in my case but some might be surprised by this. Not necessarily a con but being a self-starter is important here. There is not a ton of documentation on how to do things so you need to seek out information and get projects going.

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A year plus later and keeps getting better

Mar 31, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of companies talk about great cultures and transparency and a lot of other corporate jargon, but I can honestly say after being at CloudLock for more than a year and 1/2 now this stuff is actually really true here. There is no "ivory tower" of the executives and senior leaders - everyone is accessible and helpful and giving of their time. The people here are incredibly smart and some of the kindest folks you will ever meet. I know others have said it here - but it honestly feels like family. We are creating something special here, and the new hires we have made as we grow (fast) have really been both great fits and incredibly impactful. I honestly can't shut up about CloudLock to my friends :).

Cons

Like any start-up that is growing really fast, we probably need more improvements on certain processes and tools. We have a lot of the latest tech in development, but could probably stand to use some in other areas of the organization.

9 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the CloudLock team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly but overworked. Low quality engineering practices.

Dec 16, 2015 - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cloudlock is a very friendly place: people take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a "human resource". The company is like a family, and playing video games together or walking along the river kindles a very tight-knit culture.

Cons

There is an implicit pressure to work long hours: 60 and 70 hour weeks are the norm. Nobody wants to appear "lazy" by leaving the office at 5 PM, or by not responding to work emails while at home. The company culture rewards those who work harder, rather than those who work smarter. In addition, the software that runs Cloudlock is held together with band-aids and prayers. The management doesn't want to invest in quality software engineering practices, preferring to ship features as fast as possible. There's never time to write documentation or automated tests, and as a result, software stability goes out the window. The process of testing changes is a slow and painful one, which sucks the joy out of writing software. Oh, and training and mentoring? Hah. There's no time for that right now, we have to fix this critical problem on production!

30 people found this review helpful

CloudLock Response

Sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one at CloudLock. While we appreciate your acknowledging our company culture in a positive light, clearly you had some concerns regarding our engineering processes and expressed concerns over work/life balance issues. We are always striving to learn from current and former employee feedback, so we truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are a fast growing start-up in a fast growing market, and do have a lot of people wearing a lot of different hats working on things that perhaps similar roles in larger companies do not. This does result in some long hours sometimes, but while we do work hard we have been hyper-conscious of work/life balance and continue to make great strides in balancing the two. Hyper-growth start ups are not for everyone - and while yes, we do have a lot of the fun "perks" we are also working really hard and passionately towards something great. Part of the learning process in this kind of environment is continuing to learn from feedback, mistakes and successes. Our engineering team has continued to make incredible leaps and bounds over the past two years, as evidence by both the incredible products they produce, the explosive customer adoption, and the team themselves. Thanks again for your feedback - as our journey continues your feedback and from other past and current CloudLock team members will be key in helping to drive our future. Gil

5. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Feb 9, 2015 -  in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

CloudLock is an incredible place to learn, grow and fulfill yourself. The culture is all about openness, transparency, independence, empowerment, and collaboration. If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact and see the big picture, this is your place! The company has very flat hierarchies and there are numerous initiatives that anyone can get involved in regardless of how long you've been with the company or how senior you are. The company has a no a**hole policy and it is super easy to get along with everyone. What's nice as well is that the company is multi-cultural with employees from more than 15 countries. The office is a cool refurbished red-brick factory building with an open floor plan, bright windows and a very cool deck and balcony. Benefits are great as well with a Summer Friday (half-day off every second Friday), Free snacks, free bagels Thursdays and Free Lunch Fridays. There are a lot of ways to get involved beyond work (if you want to) with employees getting together to help re-garden a school for children with disabilities or joint running clubs.

Cons

Although benefits are generally very good for a startup, the one area that would be nice is to have a matching 401K.

6. 5.0

Wicked Smart & Fun Place to Work

Feb 16, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best reasons to work here? -CloudLockers: These people are genuine, friendly & fun to work with...who happen to be wicked smart and talented! -Culture: High collaboration / people-centric environment...we enjoy working hard and celebrating our successes! From using google docs to share ideas to hangouts with colleagues in Tel Aviv, we're interacting with each other and producing great work because of it. -Leadership: employees have line of sight to company mission, vision, & values. We understand how the work done on an individual basis trees up to department goals and company goals....which is really a testament to a Leadership Team that GETS IT! -Opportunity: CloudLock is at the crux of security and the cloud...THE hottest markets right now. We're growing and gaining momentum, so there's a ton of opportunity for high-potential, A-players to come in and make a huge impact & grow with the company!

Cons

Lots to do and many competing priorities. This requires employees to set expectations and re-calibrate those expectations as the need arises.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Pure Magic

Feb 12, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CloudLockers seem to have gotten the mix just right - collaboration, transparency from top to bottom, employee empowerment, culture, and hard, hard, hard work. It seems that no matter the department, everyone is driven to take initiative, drive projects, take risks, and get rewarded for it. This is probably the highest concentration of A players I've ever worked with, making it such a joy to come in every day! As for management - it's amazing just how connected they are to the business, customers, and individual employees. No one is ever too important or too busy to help you get stuff done. And lastly, a note on culture - there are the typical startup perks like free friday lunches and social get-togethers, but the real fun runs in the veins in between, we all love getting to know each other and have an overall positive attitude in the office. This is an amazing place to be!

Cons

Overall benefits are great, though there may be room for improvement in 401K matching.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0

Just Say No to a frustrating engineering organization

Aug 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great co-workers in Waltham that are easy to get along with. Pay is decent and work/life balance is pretty much whatever you choose. Free lunches on Friday are above average. The local HR and office management is great and have created a cozy work environment. The chickenllama is an adorable mascot!

Cons

The dysfunction in the engineering organization makes it practically impossible to get anything done. Small tasks usually turn into huge projects because of all the accumulated technical debt and bikeshedding. There's terrible development practices, QA practices, release practices, operations practices, security practices, communication, leadership, death march projects, etc. You name it, CloudLock engineering is bad at it. Bad practices wouldn't necessarily be a problem if management expended any effort to actually fix the issues. They might occasionally say that they agree with you but nothing ever changes. There have been one or two reorganizations during my tenure, I guess to try to "fix" the problems, but it's still the same ambiguous processes, broken leadership, and teams with ambiguous purposes and no accountability.

4 people found this review helpful

CloudLock Response

Thanks very much for your feedback, both positive and constructive. We’re glad to hear you’ve found the people and environment so pleasant to work with! On the flip side, we hear you on some of the things that aren’t working. One of the interesting challenges of joining a startup is figuring out how to scale both a product and team and the change management required to navigate those phases of growth. At this point we’re a year plus post acquisition with Cisco and have the resources and buy-in we need to address engineering practice improvements that you recommended. We’re committed to continuous improvement and hope you’ll be part of that process. -Jess, Head of Employee Success

9. 5.0

Comprehensive and impressive Interview Process

Feb 3, 2015 - Product Manager in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My interview process ranged from conversational to technical to philosophical. I met with a variety of people in senior positions, all talking a different angle with me allowing me to walk them through the story of my past experience and gain an understanding of the company needs for this position. What impressed me the most was the amount of time they devoted to getting to know my skill set in great detail while also taking into account a good cultural fit. This not only set the tone for the high expectation level that CloudLock has, it also gave me confidence that I could join a fast-paced, talented and elite group of individuals.

Cons

The number of interviews was fairly high and time consuming for someone who is currently employed, but the vetting process is impressive and well worth the wait.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Exceeds Expectations!

Mar 18, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I just recently joined CloudLock and my experience so far has exceeded expectations! The senior executive team has done a great job of fostering a collaborative, open door environment. Like any exciting start-up, people are busy but they still find the time to help the newcomers, and seem genuinely happy to be at work. There is a palpable shared passion for the company's success. Of particular note, communication is exceptional. In my first 3 weeks with CloudLock, I participated in an in-depth new hire training, an all hands executive briefing, and a Go to Market update that all employees were invited to attend.

Cons

It's difficult to come up with cons. I come from a Windows world so getting used to a Mac and Google Apps was at first challenging but there are plenty of tutorials out there.

11. 5.0

Best Place I've Worked - EVER

Jan 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at CloudLock for over two years now and can honestly say this is the best place I've ever worked in my seventeen years in the workforce. For me, it really is all about the environment and people. I feel comfortable being my self (bringing my strengths and opportunities for growth to the table), knowing that there are people here who will embrace what I offer & who are growing as well. Its also amazing to work where every day there is a new challenge or obstacle to overcome. My team is right there with me giving their best effort and we're all in it together.

Cons

If I don't bring my A-game its obvious.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews