KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

CloudLock Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Feb 2, 2016

Found 3 of over 78 reviews

4.6
CloudLock CEO and Co-Founder Gil Zimmermann
Gil Zimmermann
Pros
  • "Great Product, Great People, Great Place(in 5 reviews)

• "For an engineering internship, there is a lot of room for an intern to make an impact(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is a very fast paced enviroment that can be hard to keep up with at times, but thats part of the fun of a dynamic and growing company(in 7 reviews)

• "Not so much a con, more about the reality for working for a successful start-up, there will be growing pains(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Feb 2, 2016 - Sales in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company, outstanding leadership, commitment to customers and people, sexy market / industry space.

Cons

Occasional growing pains, but their intensity is kept in check through administration of good communication and thoughtful planning.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Aggressively focused on improving

Apr 20, 2015 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've only worked at CloudLock for a short time, however I have enjoyed my tenure thus far. Probably the most pervasive attitude I get from management, other teams, and my coworkers is a desire to get better all the time. It seems that management knows the company's flaws, and actively works to improve them, not being afraid to hire new talent or try something new. Team members are consistently talking about how to improve the product, through features, fixes, or refactors. The singular focus on the product makes improving easier, and it is also refreshing, when compared to other companies that need to "pivot" or don't have a confident sense of core competencies. As a culture, there is a high focus on collaboration and community. The open floor plan and Macbook pros make collaborating around the office very easy, and the whiteboard-painted walls give people plenty of space to draw stuff out and brainstorm. A variety of collaboration tools make sharing and contributing very easy. Finally, asking for help is encouraged, and everyone is willing to answer questions/bounce ideas/provide feedback. I don't think I've been turned down or told to wait when asking for help. The soft perks of the company are great too. Free gym on premises, beer fridge, snacks, video games, ping pong and relaxed work-from-home/vacation policy all contribute to making it a pretty nice place to work.

Cons

We have satellite offices in the UK, Israel and Ukraine, and cross-location communication can be a bit tough, with both timezones and language barrier being occasionally difficult. In the Waltham office, we're split between two suites, which limits the cross-team collaboration, but there have been steps taken to address this issue. From an engineering side, there are some typical start-up, and even not-so-startup growing pains, like little documentation, some confusing noodle-y code, gaps in systems/infrastructure, etc. As I said previously, however, management knows about these and has taken steps to address those issues.

5 people found this review helpful

166 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best career opportunity I've ever had.

Jul 22, 2014 - Sales in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

CloudLock Leadership understands what it means to take care of their employees. The benefits are great and very generous. There is a tremendous amount of "upside" and career growth opportunities.

Cons

Not so much a con, more about the reality for working for a successful start-up, there will be growing pains. CloudLock's tremendous growth (customer base, employee count, etc.) presents challenges on all fronts, but I am confident in Leadership and think the future is very bright.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews