KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CloudLock

Is this your company?

CloudLock

Add a Review

CloudLock Employee Reviews about "make an impact"

Updated Jul 26, 2016

Found 5 of over 78 reviews

4.6
CloudLock CEO and Co-Founder Gil Zimmermann
Gil Zimmermann
Pros
  • "Great Product, Great People, Great Place(in 5 reviews)

• "For an engineering internship, there is a lot of room for an intern to make an impact(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is a very fast paced enviroment that can be hard to keep up with at times, but thats part of the fun of a dynamic and growing company(in 7 reviews)

• "Not so much a con, more about the reality for working for a successful start-up, there will be growing pains(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

a

Sales Engineer

160 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "make an impact"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company Getting Even Better!

Jul 26, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting fun and challenging work - always an opportunity to make an impact.

Cons

Sometimes it tough keeping up

2. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Internship Experience

Oct 27, 2015 - Software Engineering Intern in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

== Overall == Interning at CloudLock was a great experience! The company culture, the work ethic, and the overall passion that drives this company is profoundly amazing. All of the people here are positive and driven to perform 110% to move the company forward. Underlying this motivation is a great synergy that stems from a very transparent leadership that is open to critique and suggestions from across the board. The engineering team is full of talented, well-versed programmers who know their stuff, and everyone is always willing to answer questions and provide support when needed. I learned a lot during my internship and was able to work on some significant customer facing features that were deployed to production. == Interview Process == The interview process for CloudLock was concise, with a brief technical interview and a few conversations with various team members. Determining logistics was a flexible process, and overall the entire process went very smoothly. == Company Culture == One of the very cool aspects of my internship was being exposed to very high-level problems that the company faced, such as scalability and competition from fellow cloud security companies! I was encouraged to ask about said problems and how CloudLock strove to mitigate and tackle them. I found this to be an incredibly valuable aspect of the internship! This kind of transparency is amazing, and it is indicative of CloudLock's dedication to long-term success and flexibility. At a holistic scale, the company is charged with energy. There's a lot of positivity and passion for success, and even as an intern I felt motivated! == Engineering == For an engineering internship, there is a lot of room for an intern to make an impact. Interns are expected to make sizable contributions during their time at CloudLock, and are allotted appropriate amounts of bug fixes and small features. Additionally, an intern may choose to take on a larger project. While a larger responsibility, this project will also have more significant ramifications and end up facing a larger portion of the customer base – a very exciting prospect for a budding intern!

Cons

Being at a startup, there was a sizable amount of pressure to achieve deliverables and move at a rapid pace. This was not an easy internship, and I did find that I had to put in extra hours to meet certain goals (particularly on my larger project). However, I did find the experience to be incredibly rewarding! Lack of or inconsistent documentation was also an issue. I found myself in many situations stumped by a convoluted codebase and insufficient documentation. Often, I would have to track down the original code author to receive guidance, a task which sometimes proved troublesome. Additionally, the intern program as a whole could have been better organized (due to the smaller nature of the company). Many details regarding the exact nature of my work at CloudLock were left ambiguous until I started. While this turned out to not be an issue in the long run, it might prove worrisome for other interns. There were also times during the internship where I felt as if the mentorship was somewhat lacking. However, this was not as much of an issue overall because other engineers were available for support. Finally, because CloudLock is still a young and small company, perks are not as ubiquitous as they might be at other competitive software companies (although they do have quite a few!).

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The race is on!

Jul 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unbelievable career growth, opportunity to make an impact every day, AMAZING people, fast paced

Cons

deadlines are often not met, sometimes there is so much going on that it's hard to on put the focus and attention that things deserve, compensation is less than market but other benefits to make up for it like workplace happiness

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Crushing it!

Mar 4, 2015 - Manager in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

CloudLockers crush it on a daily basis! This company is basically a collection of amazing people that are here to challenge themselves on a daily business. I've been working here for a couple of years, and every quarter feels like I've taken on a new role even without an official "promotion" (which I have had btw). There is an insatiable appetite to take on big challenges that matter, and very collaborative approach to break through barriers. In almost all aspects of the business, CloudLock is cutting edge. Employees are encouraged to take initiative, and those that make an impact are celebrated regularly. I love the "zero-a-hole" tolerance policy. I've worked for several companies in the past, and CloudLock is the most productive, and positive focused atmosphere I've ever seen. They actually encourage everybody to speak up and stretch themselves with a "done is better than perfect approach" that I wish other employers had had. The pace here is crazy fast and intense, but in a good way. CloudLock is multicultural and proud of that, with diverse backgrounds and ideas, across multiple geographies and time zones, but with a common purpose which the leadership clearly understands and communicates constantly. Benefits are solid and the perks are nice, but not over the top. There is freedom to try new things employees want, and non-traditional things throughout, but not in a way that is artificial. We have "smash-o-clock" were we play smash brothers and get demolished by our VP of engineering, but that's part of the growth opportunity. The leadership is accessible and treat everyone the same, and are on a mission to help everybody else be as productive as they can. Great energy from all the leaders, and their cohesion is felt. Lastly, the space CloudLock is addressing is on fire. Everywhere we go, our value is getting more and more visibility, and acknowledgement that our approach is the right one to address the cloud cybersecurity market explosion. This is one of the fastest growing markets, and is real, with minimal hype.

Cons

Super fast paced. No room to cruise or slack off, even for a while. But the people here all prefer that. 401k Match would be cool!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work!

Feb 9, 2015 -  in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

CloudLock is an incredible place to learn, grow and fulfill yourself. The culture is all about openness, transparency, independence, empowerment, and collaboration. If you are looking for an opportunity to make an impact and see the big picture, this is your place! The company has very flat hierarchies and there are numerous initiatives that anyone can get involved in regardless of how long you've been with the company or how senior you are. The company has a no a**hole policy and it is super easy to get along with everyone. What's nice as well is that the company is multi-cultural with employees from more than 15 countries. The office is a cool refurbished red-brick factory building with an open floor plan, bright windows and a very cool deck and balcony. Benefits are great as well with a Summer Friday (half-day off every second Friday), Free snacks, free bagels Thursdays and Free Lunch Fridays. There are a lot of ways to get involved beyond work (if you want to) with employees getting together to help re-garden a school for children with disabilities or joint running clubs.

Cons

Although benefits are generally very good for a startup, the one area that would be nice is to have a matching 401K.

1 person found this review helpful