Cover image for Cloudera

70 Comments

Tech

468.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Cloudera~360671
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Smart people and great SEs(in 75 reviews)
  • "A few key leaders are very invested in creating and keeping a great culture which gives hope for continued success in this area.(in 54 reviews)
  • "Work life balance was great!(in 49 reviews)
  • "The benefits are good and the projects are challenging.(in 29 reviews)
  • "salaries are good(in 24 reviews)
Cons
  • "Overall not a great company (bad management), just look at the stock price.(in 25 reviews)
  • "People applying here forget that employees leave bad managers.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Politics are everywhere, legacy Clouderans are fleeing in droves, wall street has no clue what Cloudera is really worth, and compared to just a year ago, it is very difficult to trust upper management has a handle on things.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Seems to be stuck in an ongoing transformation, lacks internal processes, limited career development(in 7 reviews)
  • "First/second line managers:(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cloudera and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Excellent Employer

Apr 5, 2022 - Engineering in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Empathetic leadership, benefits, compensation, free food/snacks, monthly un-plug days off, unlimited PTO, challenging projects & internal L&D opportunities and resources. A lot of internal opportunities to grow and transfer within; partner with other groups on projects

Cons

Cloudera making the shift to private; espp and RSU's -- although the company has come up with a competitive internal STAR program in lieu

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Respect

Nov 9, 2022 - Lead Product Designer in Newtown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is welcoming, kind, honest, respectful, hard working and talented. Great hours and 100% remote if you want. Pay is great and the benefits are excellent. The overall culture is very openminded and forward thinking. Employees have a real voice.

Cons

Too many products... although it gives us something to do, refine and pull from. So it's not really a Con in my book.

3. Join the Cloudera team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place to work

Dec 2, 2022 - Engineering Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice pay and incentives if you do great work - Nice perks like free lunch, snacks, gym credit etc

Cons

- Targets get revised pretty often leading to unused products - Attrition has increased since going private

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company with good strategy

Nov 21, 2022 - VP, Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% dedicated on customer outcomes

Cons

complex yet robust portfolio to implement

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good place

Oct 31, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work from home

Cons

My boss quit without much notice

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company

Nov 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Unplug days (extra days off in additional to holidays and PTO) - Collaborative culture

Cons

Nothing I can think of

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Merge with Hortonworks was a mistake

Nov 12, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO Tom Reilly is good and open, much better than his successor.

Cons

Missed the cloud wave, the product is too complicated.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A day late and a dollar short

Nov 17, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Partner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people Flexible/Remote work opportunities

Cons

Horrible communication from the leadership Does not value it's employees Technology is lagging behind the market PE firms are now running the show and look to be preparing for a sale

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Very good co

Oct 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, people. Kind management

Cons

Large company so accessing information can be slow

11. 5.0
    Former Employee

great company

Sep 12, 2022 - Devops Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment great pay

Cons

no cons to report for this company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 766 Reviews
</>Embed

Cloudera Reviews FAQs

Cloudera has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 853 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Cloudera to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cloudera employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cloudera. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

78% of Cloudera employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cloudera 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cloudera to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Cloudera Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Cloudera? Share Your Experiences

Cloudera logo

Cloudera Careers

Cover image for Cloudera

Why We believe that data makes what’s impossible today, possible tomorrow. How We empower people to turn complex data into clear and...More

• Impact
  • Diversity
  • Global
  • University

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

13 days ago

Culture
The season of gratitude is here again. It's also Native American Heritage Month and what better way to celebrate the two than by hearing from our very own Clouderan, Ashely Wescott, about what she is grateful for being a Native American Woman in Technology. Read what she shared on LinkedIn here. We're grateful to Ashely for sharing her heartfelt story and to every Clouderan who continues to make a lasting impact at work, with our clients and in their communities. #EmployeeStories #HappyThanksgiving #WomeninTech #NativeAmericanHeritageMonth
Shared image - A New Path in Life. How Cloudera Provided Me with the Opportunity for Change.
A New Path in Life. How Cloudera Provided Me with the Opportunity for Change.
bit.ly

39 days ago

Culture
Clouderans celebrated Diwali in locations across the world. From team lunches in Australia to rangoli decorations and dancing at our global headquarters in the US. Our offices in Bengaluru and Chennai were decorated with festive colors. Colleagues from EMEA and APAC joined us for a virtual celebration organized by our DE&I team and participated in quizzes and games centered on Diwali! #Cloudera #ClouderaLife #DEI #DiwaliCelebrations
Shared image

Cloudera Photos

+ Add Photo
Cloudera photo of: 2022 ANZ Cloudera Cares volunteering at Our Big Kitchen, Aussie (+ honorary Singaporean) Clouderans cooking for the homeless
Cloudera photo of: Thank you for all your valuable help Cloudera Interns!
Cloudera photo of: Team Bangalore!
Cloudera photo of: India Hackathon

Hortonworks Logo
Hortonworks

3.9

Compare

Glassdoor has 853 Cloudera reviews submitted anonymously by Cloudera employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Cloudera is right for you.