Cloudreach Reviews | Glassdoor

Aaron M. Painter

"It's a challenge"

Current Employee - Senior Cloud Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team members with lots of knowledge and willing to help each other succeed. Good Family/Life balance.

Cons

Management not following up with the promises they make when they hired you. Insurance isn't very good and other benefits are less than other consulting companies in the area. Management is not effective and company is slowly missing the mark of expectations of employees.

Advice to Management

Follow up with promises made to employees and to the customers. While controlling expenses is always a business concern doing that at the expense of your employees isn't looking at the long run and costing you employees. Listen to recommendation that employees provide and act on them, vs listening to asking for suggestions and never following up on them.

Cloudreach2019-10-13

"Out of the frying pan into the fire"

Former Employee - Architect

I worked at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work from home policy Lab Cloud environments for internal sandboxing/dev work Cloudreach used to be a great place to work, and there are still some great people left here (as most of the reviews mention). The way things have been going, it's only a matter of time before all of the old-timer Cloudreachers leave that remember the good times that are reflected in the pre 2019 reviews.

Cons

Cloudreach's growth has stalled. Poor executive leadership is the crux of Cloudreach's problems. The focus of revenue and profitability has caused a loss of focus on making Cloudreachers and clients happy. An acquisition occurred in the fall of 2018, which caused for the most part of clash of cultures in North America and a sweep of NA leadership changes. It was a business decision to drive growth and... although some due diligence was done, the decision was made hastily and it was not the best fit. An old boys' club mentality came with this acquired company, along with a mindset of selling a high volume of short, small, tactical deals and long-term staff aug. This model was not what had led to Cloudreach's initial success and growth and it was certainly not sustainable. A shift towards enterprise selling and programs has been made, too little too late though. A telling sign that this acquisition was not successful is that key leaders in North America have left/been ousted. The root cause of the issues over in Europe may not be the same, but employees are generally unhappy over there also based off reviews and feedback I've heard when I was still with Cloudreach. The culture at Cloudreach used to be great. With the uncertainty of future growth and strategy, the people that used to make it a great place to work have left and their gap has been filled in with people hired too quickly without sound judgement, diluting what used to be. Compensation used to be on part with companies of similar size and industry, but poor financial performance has caused everyone across the board to be underpaid with little potential for career growth as hiring has frozen and cutbacks/redundancies have been made.

Advice to Management

Don't put out a grease fire with water.

Cloudreach2019-10-10

"Feels like it was once a great company"

Former Employee - Cloud Systems Developer in London, England

I worked at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Uncapped leave. If you are able to take leave on a project then this can work out well, and many people get to take advantage of it - Training / Certs. Although the 1 day a week personal development is a bit of a fabrication (by the time you have run through meetings and other obligations you will be lucky to get a couple of hours in my experience), Cloudreach will invest in you getting certs if you put the... time in - Flexibility. If the project allows it you will be able to WFH. When I had a personal issue my manager immediately told me to take off all the time I needed to recover.

Cons

- Cloud delivery feels directionless. The projects I have worked on have been pure bodyshopping for the most part, and I see no evidence of this changing - Attrition. Management can dress this up as much as they like, the fact remains that Cloudreach are losing many of their best and brightest employees and they cannot just replace them with new or recent hires - Benefits. I've worked at Cloudreach over a year... now, and when I joined I was told that the benefits were being worked on. We still have no improvement (in fact they have got worse!). They claim to support women in tech and provide the legal minimum maternity leave . Pension is legal minimum, however they paid the recent 1% increase in pension contribution rather than taking it from the employee. - Bonus. Didn't pay a bonus this year because we didn't hit targets. The reason these targets weren't hit was largely due to poor management of resources, so basically staff actually working on delivery get punished for management issues. - Salary. The benefits could be forgiven if the salary was above market rate, however it is likely you are getting paid below market

Advice to Management

When I joined there were some great people who I had a lot of respect for, many of these people have left. Nothing can be done about this but you need to ensure that remaining decent people do not leave, and that you quickly promote up people who show aptitude before they get bored and move on. 1) Immediately sort out the benefits, or just be straight and say you can't afford them. Fix your maternity pay, its... simply not acceptable in this day and age 2) Focus on what value you can add to customers rather than just dragging out time and materials based contracts 3) Sort out your hiring process. There are people I have worked with who had limited knowledge of basic cloud technology which really should not be happening. Cloudreach really feels like a company that was once amazing and had a great culture while providing value to its customers. I'm not sure this is the case anymore, and I'm not willing to wait around and see if they can right the ship.

Cloudreach2019-10-09
  4. "Good, on the bumpy road to being great"

Current Employee - Core Operations Analyst in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for less than a year

Pros

Perks are excellent; uncapped annual leave, great office space, great healthy culture

Cons

Concerns and input can feel like they hit a brick wall at senior levels

Advice to Management

Talk to the people on the floor and gather proper, in-depth feedback more

Cloudreach2019-10-09

"Used to be "best place to work""

Current Employee - Cloud Systems Developer in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

Still good people there, uncapped holiday and weekly lunch on Fridays with your colleagues

Cons

Hiring process is getting worst. People hired in the last few months are not (in majority) easy to work with, one of our former values. Management and Leadership don't listen to their employees, they don't pay attention to the feedback given.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, take actions and do as much as you can to retain the talent that are leaving the company

Cloudreach2019-10-08
  6. "Shocked by negativity - I LOVE IT"

Current Employee - Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

Treated as a grown up - ZERO micromanagement and I am allowed to work to a way which suits me best. Unlimited paid annual leave Great working environment - Tech start up offices Great co-workers Flexible working Exposure to fantastic customers and projects

Cons

A lot of change in management which causes fear for no reason within workforce. Changes should be communicated quicker.

Cloudreach2019-10-07

"Going downhill"

I have been working at Cloudreach

Pros

Flexible working Lots of autonomy Central office & snacks Weekly lunch with colleagues on Friday’s Onsite massages Gym passes at local hotel

Cons

Keeps changing on a daily basis in spite of this actually being a simple IT services business; - back office staff constantly worn out & constantly running to catch up Internal systems and processes are very poor - highly manual & antiquated Lack of accountability / ownership due to practically no middle management Good people leaving left right and centre

Advice to Management

Put in place proper management structures and accountabilities Culture eats Strategy for lunch

Cloudreach2019-10-01

"Cloudreach - Need to Rekindle Itself!"

Current Employee - Cloud Systems Developer in Munich, Bavaria

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Great Colleagues - Highly skilled Architects and Developers, You will get to learn a lot within a short span. 2. Cloudy Benefits - Friday Lunches, Massages, Sodexo, Awesome Travel Policy. 3. Personal Development - Full support for training and certifications, they do spend a lot on employees personal development. 4. Remote Work - Good work-life balance (although depends on the project as well)

Cons

1. No more good projects - Staff augmentation is what they are focussing on. 2. Negative atmosphere - No job security as recently good and performing employees were fired. 3. Lack of transparency - Communication between Management and Staff is declining. 4. No retention - People don't want to leave, but they have no option, plus, the company actually want people to leave so that they don't have to fire and pay... compensation. We are losing our perks, salaries are becoming outdated now, and you can expect really good compensation and growth in the market. Executive Management failed to raise this company to a new standard although they tried hard. Cloudreach target market and the domain has the potential to reach new standards in Cloud Consulting, but I guess Blackstone and EC went to the wrong side and failed to deliver. CR was always about its people and had that dynamic startup spirit although the company is 10 years old now. This was something which attracted young and free-spirited talent to join CR, but until recently the new EC team tried to formalize the processes, promotions, growth, etc. Rather than keeping the company young and aggressive, they tried to make Cloudreach an enterprise.

Advice to Management

1. I don't know if they want to improve the current situation. 2. Talk to the people, rather than just announcing who is leaving the company, they seriously want to know they are in safe hands. Be upfront on this. 3. Retain your skilled workforce - why do you want to lose out on skilled and young talent. They were making millions for you. 4. I hope the founders join back and don't just sell-off.

Cloudreach2019-09-27

"Really gone downhill since I joined"

Current Employee - Csd

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible WFH policy - Decent 401k match - Great colleagues

Cons

Leadership has gone downhill since the Relus acquisition. People are leaving in droves to other companies and it's not being addressed by upper management at all. Projects for Cloud Enablement have turned into Staff Aug projects, which aren't sustainable for long term business. On top of that, they don't pay market rate for the talent that they hire. Upper management has been seeing all of these problems for a while..., and the smart ones have gotten out for better opportunities elsewhere. This company is more and more looking like they're going to lay everyone off and sell it in the near future.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to feedback. This company lost its values a long time ago...it's going to take a lot of work and listening to get things back on track.

Cloudreach2019-09-24
  10. "Good company culture but less pay"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture of this company is very good. Every Friday be good for cloudy lunch Outside in the Local restaurant. I am learning a lot here

Cons

Sometimes the wrong decisions are made by company top level management like CEO.

Advice to Management

Hike in salary is more important than spending in root rising. Otherwise employees do not wish to continue here.

Cloudreach2019-09-20