Club Assist Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Strong Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Club Assist full-time

Pros

Management has listened to the employees and are making big strides toward improving perception (although intent was in place all along.) The Senior Management in the US are clearly working well together for the most part and the "feel" in the office is one of progress.

Cons

Change does not happen over night, but I think everyone can see that management has been listening. There seems to be growth and a positive move forward which helps soften any cons. Communication can still be improved upon.

Advice to Management

Just to keep moving forward, keep communicating (more communication), let the teams do their jobs.

2. "Losing talent"

Former Employee - Sales Route Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Route Representative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Club Assist full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay
    Weekdays only
    Decent health benefits if you are single
    Some really good colleagues
    Owners really care about their employees

Cons

In the almost 6 years I worked for Club Assist I saw to many changes to even count. Some of those were for the good of the company and some not so much. Sites where the Route Reps (drivers) didnt have a home office or warehouse were severally overlooked and were taken advantage of by supervisors and especially upper management. I planmed on retiring from the company until the 3rd manager they assigned me began to make for a very hostile work environment. She did this by not doing her job for lengths of time to the point my customers were voicing their concerns about not being serviced right. So when I picked up the slack by doimg her job for her she would call weeks sometimes month later when she finally got around to helping the customer to rip me a new one for doing her job for her. The last year I was with the company I lost my grandmother, mother, and 5 month old nephew of which I had to still worry about work while going thru the time of loss because my supervisor wouldn't and couldn't pick up the slack because of her ignorance of the operations. So when I told her I needed a Friday off to attend my nephews funeral she had a fit and said that I had taken to much time off work that year from lossing my other family members and would let me know the following day if I could take the day off work. I immediately got on the phone with her manager and told him I could no longwr work for her so I need them to assign me a different superior or I would have to find another job. Needless to say they didn't not listen nor care to resolve that issue so I had to leave a job which I loved. I gave my all to the company amd after 6 years had nothing to show for it just 300 hrs of vacation and sick leave accured.

Advice to Management

Keep in touch with the little guys working for you exspecially the ones without warehouse and office locations.

3. "Club Assist"

I worked at Club Assist (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly staff and decent benefits for single employee

Cons

Constant restructures, promotion of employees into the wrong roles, poor management, high benefit cost for dependents.

5. "Just closed 5 warehouses and Middle management staff is all gone"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Club Assist full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A pay check every week, average vacation allotment and some good customers. 401k if you see it by the time your vested.

Cons

Diminishing business, clubs being the only customer other than a pilot with Diehard.
    Clubs ready to jump to another vendor with AAAs national's approval. The newer senior management was sent to reduce cost. Almost all middle managers/GMs are gone. The Joint Venture model is a not working although no one will admit it. No other clubs will enter in the same agreement. This business is a commodity at this point and the service model that differentiated Club Assist in Australia doesn't work here in the U.S. The owners never vertically expanded and the AAA Clubs are not inclined to partner so they couldn't sustain the core business. Despite comments in other post market share has eroded and will continue especially now that all major battery manufactures are able to supply clubs. Closing of distribution (warehouse)s is just and indicator of a failing business.

Advice to Management

To late, senior management has never been in touch. This is a very different market. Good luck selling a service that the clubs can do on their own.

Club Assist Response

Jun 20, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your comments regarding Club Assist. Despite the perception closing warehouses creates, to better meet our growing business and customer needs, we decided to focus on distribution ... More

6. "Senior Management is a joke!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Marketing programs can make the job fun

Cons

Biggest negative is that the company routinely got rid of the most liked (by the client and mainstream internal staff)and productive people while promoting low performing people who just knew how to play the political game. Given completely unrealistic goals at times then punish you when you fail to deliver. I was actually told by the youngest brother that if you have not been written up at Club Assist your boss is demanding enough of you! Seriously? Way to motivate!

Advice to Management

Get out of your own way and listen to your employees. Save the cost of staffing an HR department - they are seriously a joke who will not do anything if you have an issue - and everyone knows they are only there to protect Club Assist.

Club Assist Response

May 3, 2016 – CEO

I am disappointed to hear your comments and perception of both Club Assist and Management, I take all these comments on board. I am proud of the amount of long term employees we have at Club Assist ... More

7. "Club Assist"

Former Employee - Battery Service Program Manager in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Battery Service Program Manager in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Club Assist full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a good job for the most part

Cons

Unstable/far far too much turnover

Advice to Management

Make up your minds on what you want to be

8. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Club Assist (More than a year)

Pros

In most cases you don't have to work more than 8 hours a day

Cons

Don't know what they are doing

Advice to Management

Start over with senior management

9. "Supply Chain Manager"

Pros

Good people, good atmosphere, international company founded in Australia, company vehicle, promote from within, starting to diversify, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Pay scale, structure, short staffed much of the time, constant changes in personnel,

10. "Data Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Club Assist (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of potential to grow within the company, they are constantly changing leadership

Cons

Leadership does not communicate to staff about what is expected of them

Advice to Management

Promote within the organization instead of hiring outside for upcoming opportunities to drive better morale

11. "Where is the talent?"

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Club Assist full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, open the listen to employees, always trying to improve

Cons

95% of the people are not qualified for what they do, HR team useless, a lot of unnecessary politics. If you want to go up, start kissing a**

Advice to Management

Find talent, keep and promote the few people that are good