Club Colors Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff Baumet

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Club Colors full-time

Pros

The company is growing in the right direction. Everyday offers a new opportunity and adventure. The company is fostering a great, rewarding culture. There are company-wide events and the company is generous with their holiday schedule. If you work hard, you will be recognized and given opportunities to grow. I have never dreaded coming into work- I love it!

Cons

I'm really happy with my experience at Club Colors. I could nitpick a few minor details but overall I find no reason to complain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Funny how the negative reviews claim that management is responsible for all of the positive reviews: not true. There are plenty of happy people who work here! Unfortunately there are people out there who can't find their own happiness, are entitled, and expect the world of others. Club Colors is a great place to work with a very dedicated management team- you're doing the right thing.

Jan 27, 2016 – Management

Thank you for your review- we appreciate your feedback and will continue to provide a great place to work. The Club Colors Management Team

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Club Colors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very nice people at the office

Cons

They are always a moving target. The two senior manager BS the investors and make them believe all is good. They have good people coming and going quickly. Sorry I even had to give them a star!

They need a strong management team in there to really make the company grow. they have the right ideas, wrong leaders.

"Corporate Account Manager"

I worked at Club Colors full-time

Pros

The only pro I can add was everything that I did to grow my business. I made myself successful, not the company.

Cons

Run the other way & don't let management fool you that this is a great company. The ONLY way to be supported by management is if you "play their game". If you party with them, flirt with them & make their already large heads, that much larger, you will move up in the company & be well liked. Management, and I use that term loosely, are disgusting examples of, not only management, but also human beings. The commission structure changes EVERY year, and always for the negative to the employee. The only reason they are still in business is from the strength of their account managers, but most of the good ones have left! Management cuts many corners, many of which have been illegal.

Advice to Management

Look yourself in the mirror to see how pathetic you truly are, how inhuman you actually are, and how you are NOT supportive and/or mentors to your employees. You should be leading by example, not by how much an employee parties and/or flirts with you. Try to manage a legal & honest business; you'd be amazed how much more successful you would be & how your employees would work that much harder. Appreciate your employees, especially the support team. They work so hard & are so unappreciated!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Glen Ellyn, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Glen Ellyn, IL

I have been working at Club Colors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Please, can anyone tell me what the pros are of working for this company? The workplace? Nope. The management? Haha! Absolutely not! I could go on all day. If you like the idea of being micromanaged day in and day out and being completely underappreciated then please, apply! GOOD LUCK!

Cons

Please see the above comments. The pros are not pros at all they are actually cons! Everything about this place is poison. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY! This place should be considered a cult.

Advice to Management

Advice to the board, not management: Just close the doors, fire everyone, and let people move on to their lives. Nobody needs this kind of negativity in their life.

Feb 18, 2016 – Management

Club Colors prides itself on the fact that we have been able to evolve our business proposition in the last few years and provide a level of service to our customers that differentiates us from the ... More

I have been working at Club Colors full-time

Pros

The relationships and people around you. The growing culture and ability to run your own book day-to-day.

Cons

Small company, but nothing too concerning to say not to work for Club Colors.

"Sorry, Can't Choose Less Than 1 Star"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Club Colors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very little Pros, they wither away as the days and months pass, as more good people go or plan to go or are fired when they voice concerns against the oppressive management regime in place.

Cons

Increasingly more Cons as the days and months pass, speaking of Cons...that's the new acronym for management here, and they will con everyone here with false reviews and now the post-negative review company responses with the canned fake responses don't fool anyone. Management seeks to find ways to keep oppressing the people who work here while lying and changing comp plans.

Advice to Management

Advice to the board: Get Rid of Management ASAP!! Advice to job seekers: seek elsewhere! Don't trust the glowing reviews and fake responses.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Club Colors (More than 3 years)

Pros

In concept their marketing should produce a large source of revenue. To a good extent, their processes are in place and they work.They do have an embroidery and screen print department.

Cons

The management is divided. The VP of sales claims to be pro-sales person and so does the CFO. Whenever there are changes to the comp plan the design is to make it more difficult to make the same money. Compared to other companies, the health benefits are more expensive and requires much more out of pocket expense.

Jan 27, 2016 – Management

Thank you for your feedback. Club Colors prides itself on innovation within how we find solutions and how we manage our business. Given that, one must expect that in order to be innovative and to ... More

"They are not who they claim to be"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Club Colors (Less than a year)

Pros

Really nice colleagues, that's about it.

Cons

Management, management, management, did I mention management? The pay scale was bad when I worked there, but now it's even worse! The numbers they are looking to hit are outrageous and the micromanagement is absolutely out of control. You will not get reward with the hard work you do, their commission structure is terrible, and I hope that you don't need help with anything, because management will not be there to help. I hope you don't like money, because this company's sole goal is to line management pockets, and keep reps hungry. There are no other roles to fill in the company other than sales, it is the epitome of a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Wake up and look at what you're doing!

"Big Pile of Mess"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Club Colors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No bounced paychecks. Fun to watch upper management freak out for fear of their jobs when the board comes to visit. Unfortunately the staff is usually on the receiving end of their job insecurities and incompetency.

Cons

Sales floor has a depressing atmosphere with very little comradery. Seems like nobody wants to really be there. Extremely high turnover in personnel. Upper management cares nothing about most sales people even if they are exceeding their quota.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to go.Hopefully the board will realize that soon enough and get real leaders in the top positions. I guarantee the previous Glassdoor shallow rave reviews are from the management team at Club Colors to offset the avalanche of negative reviews.

"account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Club Colors (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, very competitive atmosphere. Company headed in the right direction. Upper management very dedicated to Club Colors becoming an industry leader.

Cons

Maybe they could offer a fitness incentive plan for employees in which they cover a portion of a gym membership to encourage a fit lifestyle.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!

Jan 27, 2016 – Management

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear you're having a great experience and we will continue to build our culture and environment around a positive workplace. The Club Colors Management ... More