Club Marketing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Dalton Lott

"Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Club Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility somewhat. Sick days, benefits

Cons

Lots of a use to your vehicle. Gas reimbursement doesn't cover wear and tear. Micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Quit looking for your employees to be distrustful.

"Some reviews are misleading"

I have been working at Club Marketing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Autonomy in work schedule, flexible hours, supported by a larger organization with a full-service HR and helpdesk system for everything from payroll to employee relations and more, comparable salary. Friendly and helpful leadership, family-oriented philosophies.

Club Marketing has gone through a lot of changes and growth in the past three years. With growth come challenges and a need to conform to the processes and procedures of Advantage Solutions, our parent company. Some individuals have felt the pinch because there is more oversight in the field and less ability to come and go as one pleases. We are being asked to be more accountable for our actions instead of leadership just assuming we are doing our jobs. Additionally, the pay structure has changed, but contrary to some reviews on the site, no one has received an outright paycut as a result. Field team members went from salary to hourly, but pay wasn't reduced. Instead, field was made to be more accountable for their hours each day. New jobs have been created and new field team middle management positions were created in the process allowing star players to be promoted into higher paying positions. All in all, CMS is a great place to work, if you have a good work ethic and the ability to work with very little direct management.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunity in some positions, Some leadership has "checked out" lately.

Advice to Management

We are part of a larger organization now. It would be good to see more communication between the divisions and trickle down of information from the corporate office to ensure that field personnel are "in the know". It is hard to be so far removed from leadership and feel looped out at times. Even people in the corporate office in Bentonville feel a distinct lack of communication about account statuses, opportunities in other divisions, and, in general, an understanding of why we do things a certain way.

"Good job at one time"

I worked at Club Marketing Services (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, car allowance, sales meetings

Cons

Several company wide pay cuts

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - TSM
    Former Employee - TSM

I worked at Club Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Honestly there is no pros with working with this company anymore, it used to be great, but now I wouldn't recommend this job to my worse enemy

Cons

It's too many negatives to name..pay sucks, car allowance sucks, hotels that they approve you to stay in are roach motels.

Advice to Management

Run

"Field Sales Manager"

I have been working at Club Marketing Services full-time

Pros

The ability to start work at a time that's good for you.

Cons

Low salary, no bonuses and an insulting $25 a month vehicle stipend if you go over the specified mileage mark to receive that.

Advice to Management

Raise the salary, give legitimate vehicle stipends.

7. "Decent place to work"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Yuma, AZ
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Yuma, AZ

Pros

Flexible schedule, car allowance, yearly meetings, client freebies, home office , company phone and lap top, no weekends , easy reports, ability to be creative, lots of recognizing good work

Cons

Long hours on the road, no room for advancement , religious prayer at meetings, no bonus, favoritism of employees, no room for advancement, micro managing after company changed structure, very little raises, management had no idea of the work entailed that they were asking their employees to do.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire. Stop playing favorites. Stop praying at meetings, go out and work a day in the life , award employees yearly raises.

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Fenton, LA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in Fenton, LA

I have been working at Club Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that I make my own schedule, have holidays and weekends off. My boss and team rocks!

Cons

There was a pay cut when Advantage Sales and Marketing took over. Where I live there isn't much room for advancement.

"Some reviews are misstating facts"

Former Employee - Thing
    Former Employee - Thing

I worked at Club Marketing Services full-time

Pros

At the time I worked there, it was great - salaries were higher than average, car allowance was great, gas was reimbursed at 100%, unreal annual bonuses, working vacations, fun sales meetings

Cons

Work hard and play hard - sometimes you worked long hours to get the job done. Large territories, but you knew that going in - if you wanted to sleep in your own bed every night, this was not the company for you. Meal reimbursement was on the low side, and before I left hotel reimbursements were cut for field reps. I did see covert discrimination against women in the field and management being catty. Politically to the hard right.

Advice to Management

It looks like things started changing when one of the senior managers started working on his MBA and instituted his interpretations of the lessons. Management needs to communicate mileage policies better. My current employer has similar policies, but (using IRS guidelines) the first and last 20 miles or to/from first/last stop are considered commute miles. Hourly times are also from IRS guidelines - one hour or until the employee arrives/leaves first/last destination. If your employees are complaining about it, management has not explained it properly. Tax rules on reimbursements have changed over the years, so no more huge car allowances or perks that the company could use as a deduction as in the past, so blame the IRS. No, I do not have an MBA.

"Not Recommended"

Former Employee - Field Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Field Sales Manager

I worked at Club Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This job really no longer has any pros. The "family values" and flexibility the company used to offer are long gone. Company has really lost it since department of labor investigation.

Cons

Upper management has really gone nuts! The company's performance has suffered a lot since changes and management is looking for another reason for lacking performance other than the way they are now treating their employees. When you cut your employees pay and take away perks and benefits, you will get less productive employees as a result. Because production is way down they have begun to monitor the employees and are borderline stalking them during the day. Every minute has to be accounted for or they start asking questions. The morale of this company has been severely damaged. Also, if you need to insure a family it's going to cost you more than half your income. Health insurance is reasonable for the employees but for any one else in the family it's ridiculously expensive. This also speaks to their lack of "family values". I'm sure upper management has affordable plans for their families but they don't feel it's important for their employees' famlies to have affordable health coverage. This company is also extremely republican and hides behind their pretend "christian values." I would not recommend this company to anybody (employee or vendor) who is thinking about getting involved with them. They are also extremely disorganized and lacks communication. Random emails are sent throughout the week and things change minute to minute. Priorities and objectives are very unclear at times and crucial information is left out all the time.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.....literally. Start treating your employees better and repair the damage that has been done. When more than 1/3 of your company has left, it's you, not them that is the problem. Also, maybe consider adapting the concept of incorporating cost of living into employees salaries. It's not fair that employees living in the southern states where cost of living is extrememly low are making the same as employees living in big cities where cost of living is more than double. The employees living in big cities also have tougher markets. Unfortunately, southern hospitality doesn't exist in metropolitan areas and they have to deal with way more garbage throughout the day.

"Falling apart"

Pros

Absolutely nothing! I would advise potential employees and vendors to stay far away! This company has lost it's marbles!

Cons

Since their department of labor investigation last December this company has lost it! Pay cuts happened, employees are forced to work more hours and management is very sneaky and dishonest about the way they are doing business. Overtime is mandatory and they try to convince you that they are willing paying you a "premium rate" for anything worked after 40 hrs. This is government mandated time and a half! Don't make it seem like you're doing your employees a favor by following the law. The sad things is, some employees have bought into this and think the company is doing this to be nice. This is just one of the ways Club Marketing is deceiving their employees. Well, some of us are a lot smarter than you think.

The morale of this company has also decline drastically! If you have a family, they don't want you! In the midst of dealing with my personal life, family life and health falling apart before my eyes, I was told that my personal problems are not their concern and that my missing work and lacking performance was affecting their bottom line. It gets better... I was then written up for missing a deadline by less than a day because I was dealing with a family tragedy. This company does want employees who sometimes have to put their families before work. Club Marketing should be added to the list of Top 10 Worst Family-Friendly Companies. Since changes were made in December, employees are not treated with any respect what so ever. Every minute of your day is monitored and your supervisor will stalk you to make sure you are doing your job. If you're going to treat your employees like children then hire some new high school graduates to do this job. This job is certainly no longer a good fit for someone with a college diploma. It doesn't even pay double minimum wage and you will be micro managed like a 15 year old working at McDonald's.

Advice to Management

First of all, some manager's need a lesson in grammar. There - refers to a place. Their - refers to a person. Somebody in a senior management role should know these basics.

Second, stop pretending like you’re nice people then turn around and commit these malicious acts. Actions certainly speak louder than words. Don’t tell your employees you’re a Christian company with family values and then go back and tell them that their personal and family lives are none of your concern. If you really are as religious as you say you are, I don’t know how you to go into church every Sunday and face your pastor knowing how horribly you treat other people the rest of the week. It is a basic Christian concept that you should treat EVERYONE with dignity and respect and you have to strip every ounce of dignity from an employee who barely has anything left to begin with. You’ve really found a great new way to “kick ‘em while they’re down.” For all you devout Christian out there at Club Marketing I just have one last thing to say: “And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[f] you did it to me.” Matthew 25:40