Club Monaco Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"PASSIONATE and INSPIRATIONAL"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Club Monaco full-time

Pros

- face challenges head on - inclusive working environment: everyone's opinion counts - cross functional business partnerships are STRONG - true vertical retailer - real people who have a passion to share the brand with the world

Cons

- heavy meeting culture - lean teams, however on the plus side of this is that every level of the organization is important and gets exposure all the way up to the CEO!

Advice to Management

- engage engage engage! - more exposure to the RL brand and initiatives

June 27, 2018Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for such a thoughtful review of Club Monaco! Teams are lean, but as you mentioned, this means everyone's role and opinions are taken into account. We appreciate your feedback!

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - POS in New York, NY

I have been working at Club Monaco part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Breaks - Employee discount - Co-workers - Hectic but enjoyable environment

Cons

- Unskilled managers - Long standing shifts

December 6, 2018Employer Brand Manager

Love your "hectic but enjoyable" comment! Busy is good -- especially in a brand as great as Club. Thank you for your review!

3. "Nice, Calm and Sophisticated"

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser

I have been working at Club Monaco part-time

Pros

Flexible Fun Cool clothes Student/parttime workers will like the quality clothes at a discounted price pretty atmosphere

Cons

Management, Lack of organization always a new manager Hard to advance If you're ok not getting any further in your career this is the place for you.

March 15, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for leaving your review of Club Monaco, we appreciate you taking the time to do so.

4. "Always room to move up!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Club Monaco full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

If you are in a marketing with multiple locations, it is very easy to work up the ladder with roles/positions - starting off as part-time and quickly moving into full-time management positions.

Cons

Opportunities may be in different markets and require a move

February 28, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your thoughtful comments on opportunities at Club Monaco, there is certainly room for growth!

5. "The team is what made the job enjoyable"

Current Employee - Stylist in New York, NY

I have been working at Club Monaco part-time for more than a year

Pros

Teamwork was a part of everyday. Staff really supportive on floor and off. It’s nice to have access to great discounts within the brand and RL.

Cons

Little to no investment in staff. Hours are inconsistent and dependent on budget set by corporate. Work days are long and exhausting when having to do multiple roles because of budget cuts. Too much work for the pay. Corporate walked through the building like royalty and had little appreciations to staff actually getting them their money.

Advice to Management

increase pay if staff is going to be downsized. Invest in a staff area that is comfortable and can help staff decompress on long shifts and etc. make hours consistent. Give us commission $. We work hard to get the store to meet its goal and should be compensated in some form.

March 15, 2019Employer Brand Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review of Club Monaco; we will be sharing your thoughts with the appropriate teams.

6. "dependent on coworkers"

Former Employee - Keyholder

I worked at Club Monaco part-time

Pros

decent discounts, flexible schedule, fun styling opportunity

Cons

coworkers/ team truly make it or break it

March 15, 2019Employer Brand Manager

The styling opportunity at Club Monaco is truly unique – getting to create styles with the beautiful product is certainly special. Thank you for your review!

• "Great People, but lots of unnecessary work"

Former Employee - Associate Technical Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Club Monaco full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The people are great and really supportive. Learning is really focused on so that you can grow in your role and do your job well

Cons

Unnecessary extra work and distractions in the form of many long meetings. The company makes no real effort to promote work-life balance even though RL claims they do

Advice to Management

Empower lower-level staff to make decisions so that there are less meetings and employees can be a better work-life balance

March 8, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Empowerment with Personal Accountability is one of our Cultural Focus Areas, so we intend to keep improving on it as a Company. Thank you for highlighting our training, and our most valuable asset – our people!

• "favoritism"

I worked at Club Monaco part-time

Pros

great company that cares about growth cool benefits including health insurance

Cons

manager favoritisms less hours given when unable to make sales goals with no commissions

March 8, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review of Club Monaco and for calling out our benefits!

• "Sale assistant"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Club Monaco part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very quick and short interview, not throw trick questions

Cons

just basic interview in store which I feel unprofessional, because interview start outside of working place, and don't really like the way how they manage their employees

February 28, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for leaving your thoughts on the interview process at Club Monaco, we appreciate it!

• "CM is moving to Nutley, New Jersey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Club Monaco full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-At the moment the office is in a wonderful location. However, the ENTIRE office will move to Nutley, New Jersey by August 2019 - Due to a lack of employees you can get a variety of experience

Cons

-lack of diversty & culture -lack of employees__ the office looks empty/not enough support

March 15, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your review on Club Monaco, we will bring your thoughts to the appropriate teams.

Found 516 reviews