Coach Employee Reviews about "work environment"
70% would recommend to a friend
(190 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
Found 190 of over 3K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Coach
a year ago
Hey Fishes, Please give you opinion on these 2 offers I havw Comcast-Product Manager AI/ML within xfintiy app Base:130k Equity:200 shares per year for 3 years as joining bonus type of equity Bonus:8 pc Management grant:25k per year vesting over 5 years Tapestry(Parent company of Coach,Kate Spade,Stuart Weitzman)-Manager,Product Management-Full remote role Base:150k Bonus 12 pc Joining bonus:15k Looking forward to your responses
Got a burning question about Coach? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Coach employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and discounts." (in 186 reviews)
- "Good pay id willing to work hard" (in 160 reviews)
- "Working with great people that are not managers." (in 148 reviews)
- "We also had team bonuses which was a great way to increase collaboration without creating an environment of pressure resulting from commissions." (in 86 reviews)
- "Great coworkers smaller enviroment Learner friendly" (in 75 reviews)
- "Sometimes it seems like managers have to be more focused on the product than customers and sales associates." (in 124 reviews)
- "Poor management and can't work your way up" (in 115 reviews)
- "long hours and it is retail" (in 81 reviews)
- "No work/life balance" (in 67 reviews)
- "Need to tell your name to customers to note down sales even though there’s no commission" (in 54 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Coach and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jun 25, 2021Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Coach definitely built to my overall leadership skill sets such being entrepreneurial, adaptable, team building and leading with innovation. Their approach to customer service is top tier.
The bias policies and procedures. A lot of the retail politics made the work environment more toxic towards the end as well sometimes the didn’t keep the employee experience elevated.
- 2.0Jun 10, 2020ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Great way to keep informed in the fashion industry and seeing a lot of products. Really great customer interactions and making a customer feel special
Higher ups do not care about associates. I understand retail is about numbers but after years of working there, there was little to keep me wanting to stay. You work your hardest and get little to no recognition, they work you hard and to get nothing back. I’ve learned so much from my years there but it’s not a great environment to work in.2
- 5.0Jun 10, 2015Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMiami, FL
Great benefits and awesome teamwork! Good environment to work in.... Would definitely return to be part of this company and their goods
I don't have anything negative to say. Great experience and would join the company in the near future.
- 4.0Jun 1, 2014Product DevelopmentFormer Intern, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
The work environment is very casual and they give a lot of freedom to their interns. Interns interact with people of all different departments, so it provided an in depth understanding of the fashion industry.
The office was difficult to get to and the area was not very nice.1
- 2.0Feb 28, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
It was a great work environment which encouraged me to do really well at my job selling to customers.
The bonus pay was a pittance and the management was condescending.1
- 4.0Oct 12, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Working for this company I had fantastic benefits; medical, dental, vision, PTO and Vacation time. It was a very professional and fun environment to work with and to this day I still miss that job.
Better Pay and no company growth.
- 3.0Jul 10, 2015HRSC SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Very friendly and relaxed work environment. Progress and innovation is the way here.
Too much meetings, there is pre-meeting to a meeting. There is too much brainstorming and no funds to back it.1Coach Response9y
Thank you for your review! We're excited to see what happens next as Coach continues to go through its brand transformation. The abundance and frequency of meetings is something that's been taken into serious consideration. That's why senior leadership has now implemented meeting free Fridays each month, and has also asked that we think about whether or not each meeting is truly necessary. We hope this helps your work experience go forward.
- 4.0Nov 2, 2016Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBaraboo, WI
Management is awesome. They pay very well. They have good commission plan and benefits. Good work environment and very open to new ideas.
You have to stand for long hours specially if you have a long shift. Also, they are very obsessed about engaging with the customer. This is bad if you are shy.