Coast Dental Services Employee Reviews about "patient care"

Updated May 15, 2020

3.2
Coast Dental Services CEO Derek Diasti (no image)
Derek Diasti
Pros
  • "My pay is good and we're a part of the union(in 6 reviews)

• "The commitment for excellence to provide exceptional patient care is always the number one focus(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "More of a factory atmosphere than patient care(in 12 reviews)

• "Also there are not a lot of the private practice "perks", like the dentist paying for trips, or taking the staff to dental conventions(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "patient care"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Best Family Run Dental Corporation"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Port Charlotte, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In my 20+ years with Coast I have witnessed numerous changes but the primary directive has always been to provide the BEST possible patient care with the most current materials and instrumentation available. As a hygienist, I have also enjoyed being viewed as a health care provider and not just an employee of the dentist in the practice, which is what winds up happening in private practice settings. There are also many benefits available that are not available in private practice, i.e. 401K, health insurance, paid vacation, etc.

Cons

Many equate working for a dental corporation like working in a clinic because of the numerous dental plans accepted, so some may see this as a con of working for Coast. Also there are not a lot of the private practice "perks", like the dentist paying for trips, or taking the staff to dental conventions.

Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Coast Dental! While we still have things to work on, we’re glad you share the same feeling, to provide the BEST possible patient care. We have worked hard to make this directive a part of the culture here at Coast. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Coast Dental the best place possible to work and build a career!

2. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - District Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At Coast Dental we are committed to delivering excellent patient care, dedicated to ensuring growth and opportunity for our employees. A great company to work for!

Cons

No cons from this employee

3. "Disorganized company with poor upper management"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Coast Dental pays slightly above average than all the other DSO's.

Cons

There are no rewards for loyalty in this company, if someone above you simply doesn't like you that is all it takes in getting rid of you regardless of proven or documented performance. The turnover in this company is absolutely astonishing. The majority of offices are running understaffed and overworked. The company is constantly struggling to pay its vendors and the vendors make it known to the employees at the office level. There is a huge emphasis on "sales" and disciplinary action if production goals are not met. There is no focus on actual patient care.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take these types of situations very seriously. Since you are a current team member at Coast Dental, I would encourage you to reach out to your office manager or district manager to discuss these concerns in person. We are dedicated to working hard with increased training, changes in leadership and communication to improve in these areas.

"This Company is horrible to work for"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no weekends to work

Cons

No training. No communication. No loyalty. Bottom line only. Do not care about patients

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. Change is constant and we ask our teams to be flexible serving our patients in these new and challenging times. We are dedicated to working hard with increased training, changes in leadership and communication to improve in these areas. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

"Poor"

Former Employee - EFDA

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time

Pros

Good bonus system- I’ve heard they no longer have the same one.

Cons

More of a factory atmosphere than patient care.

Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. I’m sorry you didn’t have a great experience during your time here. Change is constant in our business, and we ask our teams to be flexible serving our patients in an industry that changes daily. We are always moving forward to increase training and a changes in leadership to improve in these areas. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career

"Worst company to work for"

Current Employee - Office in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None at all. This company is the worst!!!

Cons

Everything, all these "Metrics" that must be met give you no time for patient care. 10 google reviews, Care Credit apps, Re schedule everyone, Start "Same Day Care", meetings everyday after 5. Billing pts $48 for a syringe to irragate when a bottle is $25. Coast dental is the worst DSO. These people are abusive and let there Dr abuse staff.

"PCC"

Former Employee - PCC in Deltona, FL

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get a paycheck and they offer health insurance. Good for those just coming out of Dental school. Raise after four years working for the company and 20yrs of experience.

Cons

Assistants train Drs the Coast way and there is no compensation (I trained 2). Assistants train assistants without compensation until that assistant has been with the company 90days. Outdated equipment, dirty carpets(been telling them for months about this issue), buildings run down. They still dont have digital xrays. Getting paid every two and a half weeks not getting your earned PTO when you ask for it. If the Dr is off a certain week you can't use your earned PTO. You work like a Donkey, promised bonuses and every excuse there is in the book is given to you as to why you didn't bonus when it comes to bonus time. Its all about sucking out as much money not patient care. If your a salesperson and good at it then this is the job for you. When you leave even on good terms they throw anything that you have forgotten on the 2nd day you are gone without even calling you so you can get your items. Hygienist treat the assistants like their minions and when you stand up for yourself they hold it against you.

"Horrible Upper Management"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Saint Johns, FL

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, as an OM was salary but god help you if you need to request a day off! Request must be submitted 30 days prior. Who plans on getting sick and needing a doctor?!?

Cons

No support from corporate, district and regional managers were only concerned about making money and did not care at all about patient care. They write you up if you can’t get care credit application, when 85% of your patients are Medicaid their expectations were ridiculous.

Continue reading

"Amazing Company to work for!"

Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Focused heavily on patient care and properly educating patients rather than pushing them into treatment. Owners show extreme care and concern for their employees well being!

Cons

Cannot think of any cons at the moment (not even 1) and have been with the company for many many years.

10. "Excellence"

Current Employee - District Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The commitment for excellence to provide exceptional patient care is always the number one focus. A great team of people all working in one direction.

Cons

No Cons to report

Found 18 reviews