Coast Spas Reviews | Glassdoor

Coast Spas Reviews

Updated Mar 23, 2018

Found 12 reviews

4.1
Coast Spas CEO Don Elkington (no image)
Don Elkington
  1. "Great Company with Awesome People!"

I have been working at Coast Spas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great environment, awesome people to work with and management is very supportive. Very happy to be here!

Cons

None that I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Coast Spas2018-03-23
  2. "Coast Spas is where it's at!"

Current Employee - Office Administrative

I have been working at Coast Spas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Coast Spas has been a privilege for the past year and a half! I have never encountered an environment and company culture that makes you feel like you matter as an individual and team member. Ideas and considerations for improvement are always encouraged here. Coast Spas takes employee input very seriously -they want to know where they lack and how to improve as a whole. I get along very well with my... fellow team mates here and cannot imagine working for another company where value in its employees are sub-standard. Our CEO is very approachable and ALWAYS give the same amount of energy and enthusiasm to each and every employee from cleaning staff to VPs.

Cons

The cons are when you work for a company that takes great consideration and care for employees- you take a huge offence when ex-employees or disgruntled people bash this place. It is very sad and offensive to hear and read nonsensical negativity. We at Coast Spas know who we are and the type of environment we are privileged to work in and are proud to be here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Coast Spas2018-03-16
  3. "Best Managed Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC

I have been working at Coast Spas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment Management is supportive Hard workers are rewarded and appreciated Summer BBQ's Competitive wages and bonuses

Cons

I cannot think of any negative, really enjoy being a team member for Coast Spas.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Coast Spas2018-03-15
  4. "Great People and Good Heart"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Langley, BC

I have been working at Coast Spas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coast Spas has fantastic people. I love coming to work to spend it with people that I like to be around. Such a variety of personalities and backgrounds, it makes everyday interesting to say the least! We often refer to ourselves as a family and like all families there are struggles, but we pull together and EVERYONE has their heart in the right place. We all believe in the products we produce and providing the... very best experience to our customers (Coast Spas Dealers) and their customers who own our Hot Tubs and Swim Spas . We all band together to help each other be the best that we can with our individual responsibilities and there is a true sense of community and teamwork. I have been with the company for almost 7 years now and still enjoy coming to work everyday.

Cons

Being a manufacturer based in Canada we need to work really hard to be efficient due to the high costs of skilled labor. So we carry a large workload sometimes and that can be difficult in the summertime when you just want to be outside!

Advice to Management

Since I'm a Manager, I think my advice would be to "Keep Up The Great Work!"

Coast Spas2018-03-15
  5. "I Love Working at Coast Spas"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC

I have been working at Coast Spas full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy going to work everyday at Coast Spas! The work environment is fantastic because everyday is fast paced and fun. Also all co-workers are friendly and there's a real sense of comradery.

Cons

I can't think of any cons!

6. "Great Company"

I have been working at Coast Spas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been employed with Coast Spas for 17 years and I still love coming to work everyday. Coast Spas is my second home and family and I would not trade them for anything.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

7. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Management in Langley, BC

I have been working at Coast Spas full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Excellent Pay/Benefits *Great Comradery *BBQ's *Fast Fun Environment *No two days are the same *Location (central to Langley)

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

Coast Spas2018-03-14
  8. "Coast Spas is my Family"

I have been working at Coast Spas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for this company since 2005 and have worked my way up through the ranks. Hard work and dedication are noticed and rewarded. There are monthly barbecues for all employees throughout the summer and these are done on beautiful sunny days so all team members can participate and enjoy eating their lunch outside (like you should do for a BBQ!) There are celebrations for holidays and bonuses provided to... the production team for hitting their numbers. There are even rewards for perfect attendance, imagine that, being rewarded for showing up to your job!! I have seen team members receive gift certificates and other thank you's on top of overtime pay for their dedication to get the job done. I have never worked for another employer that takes such care and concern over their team (all races and sexes).

Cons

The only cons for working at Coast Spas are the team members (or EX team members) that slam the company that employs (ed) them. REALITY CHECK - you are expected to work for your paycheck!!!! Nobody owes you anything that you don't work for. Claims of seeing the CEO driving in his Bentley is not hurting these employees, its his right to spend his money that he EARNED on whatever he wants!

Advice to Management

Continue the good work, keep rewarding and promoting your dedicated team and disregard these poor reviews. These are just unhappy people that need to spread their unhappiness to the rest of the world and they are poison!

Coast Spas2018-03-14
  9. "The Worst Company You Can Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC

I worked at Coast Spas full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a barbecue. For 6 or 7 months of the year, depending on when management feels like it's warm enough for a barbecue to work outside apparently. You can call in sick alot of times, they do not care.

Cons

Management doesn't treat all employees as equal, alot of racism is going on in this company that the management is aware of but does not care about. You will never make more than 1 or 2 dollars over your starting wage, even after years and years.

Advice to Management

Do not talk down to your employees, pay your employees a fair wage, don't show up in your 200,000 Bentley, say how good the company is doing and then also don't hand out a single raise to anybody. Follow the rules that you set for your own employees. Wear your safety glasses on the production floor? If we have to you do as well.

Coast Spas2018-03-13
  10. "Labourer"

General Labour in Langley, BC

I worked at Coast Spas

Pros

There's plenty of chances to gain new skills in the company from plumbing 'electrical and carpentry

Cons

The cons of this company are unexpected layoffs overworked employees and nasty supervisors as a result of tight time lines to finish projects

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with dignity and respect give extra time for training and work with your employees to help them become good at their jobs

Coast Spas2016-09-17