Coast to Coast Events Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Cody Lowery

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Forever Grateful For This Opportunity"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Hoover, AL
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Coast to Coast Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With this company, I get the luxury of working with some of the brightest minds, and the most driven individuals I've ever encountered in my professional career. I've been with Coast to Coast now for a little over six months, and in that time I've gained invaluable knowledge in regards to sales, marketing, and how to successfully run an event/campaign. In my short time with the company, I've earned two promotions, and am knocking on the door of achieving a third.

Coast to Coast is a haven for those that are self-motivated, and that seek more than just working your standard 9 to 5. I've never felt such a sense of reward, as I do with this company. I love my team, AND I love what I do.

Cons

I wish I'd discovered this company sooner.

2. "Amazing company and awesome opportunity!"

I have been working at Coast to Coast Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Never in my life have I had an opportunity than the one at Coast to Coast! It’s definitely more than just a job. I have developed my confidence, work ethic, mindset, and professional career by being a part of this company. If you’re a go getter, hard-worker, and a determined person, then this is the opportunity for you. Looking for financial stability? Just set a goal of how much you want to make on your paycheck and they’ll help you get there! Looking for growth/advancement? The steps for you to get promoted is laid out in simple terms! The only thing that will hold you back is YOU!

You get to create your own opportunities and you earn an invaluable experience worth taking with you ANYWHERE you end up in your professional career. Coast to Coast gives you everything you need to succeed, all you need to bring is your positivity, student mentality, and work ethic!

I have been working for the company for 4 months now and I love what I do! I got promoted in 4 weeks and I am working on my next promotion! My favorite part is (besides making $$$$) building my own team and helping them be successful because it adds value to what I do and who I am as an individual. I love building relationships most of all with my team and our clients!

This is not a job for small-minded, complacent, pessimists that are afraid to put in the work to become successful!

Cons

I regret not coming across this opportunity before.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing to build successful people. Those that have it in them will take advantage of the opportunity and those who don’t simply won’t.

3. "Poorly Managed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I worked at Coast to Coast Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, training opportunities, information, locations

Cons

Incorrect payroll, no effort to correct or send final pay check.

Advice to Management

Better handling of payroll and employee compensation.

Oct 16, 2018 – Management

Dear "poorly managed":

I hate to hear you seem to have had a negative experience with us. We pride ourselves on our exception organization, though our office is in Birmingham, not GA. If you did... More

"Selling DirecTV in Sams Club"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Coast to Coast Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You show up to an office at 10. You are then designated to a Sams Club or Costco within Alabama or Georgia. Several times I was told to go home due to management having to many staffers for that given day. If you are lucky enough to be chosen to work that day, you stand in an isle, in a Sams Club or Costco, interrupting people in an attempt to sell them DirecTV from Noon until 7 PM.

Cons

You will be paid just above the minimum wage threshold for almost certainly 3-6 months. The website and management suggest you could be an "account manager" in nearly 8 months. This is fiction. I worked with several individuals who had worked for Coast to Coast for nearly 1 year while still not seeing the fruits of his or her labor. You will work every weekend. Coast 2 Coast uses Holidays as an extra reason for you to go into your local Sams/Costco and sell people on a dream.

Advice to Management

Please be honest with those looking for success within a company. There is not one single shred of truth on your website regarding that you will be in a Sams or Costco selling DirecTV.

Sep 4, 2018 – Management

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review, we strive to make sure everyone has a good experience, but we appreciate your feedback.

I hate to hear you feel like we are interrupting customers, as... More

"Selling DirecTV"

I worked at Coast to Coast Events full-time

Pros

Good people, positive culture. Decent room for advancement.

Cons

You will be selling DirecTV in a Sam's Club/Walmart/Costco/Retail chain under a different company name. Not telling people this until they interview gives off a sketchy vibe.

Advice to Management

Be a little more upfront about what it is the company does instead of just throwing around fancy positive business terms on the website to mask it. No need to hide.

Sep 4, 2018 – Management

Dear Reviewer:

We appreciate your feedback. We hate that you seem to have not had a positive experience with our team and will use your feedback to better our day to day.

I hate to see there... More

"Setting the Record Straight"

Former Employee - Internship in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Internship in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Coast to Coast Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for Coast to Coast Events as a fall intern in 2017. I took the semester off from school at UAB and needed to get some real life experience. Man did I get it. This company taught me so much! Not only did I learn skills needed to perform my job (communication skills, marketing, sales, product knowledge) but I learned much more than that. My mentor taught me about budgeting, staying organized, setting goals for myself (long term and short term). He taught me how to stay positive and look on the brighter side of things. I am so thankful that I was able to work for this company and learn so much.

Cons

I saw recent reviews (thats Glassdoor alerts) that have not painted Coast to Coast Events in the best light. Let me set the record straight. This company is not a scam. They have been in business for nearly 10 years and rated A+ with the BBB for several years. They take the time to work with each person individually to help cultivate their strengths and grow their weaknesses. By no means is management anything less than the top pro on the list. Its hard to believe people say there is no training when the entire business model is structured around training. I would guess the only con for Coast to Coast Events would be that "haters gonna hate". In any competitive industry when you are on top and taking on new clients, and expanding there will always be people trying to bring you down. Hopefully this review helps others see through the hate. You don't have a company with 30 positive reviews and randomly turn into a bad company -- do your actual research. Call the office and ask questions -- they will answer anything for you.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing! Keep cultivating people and keep your heart in it. There are tons of people you have touched and helped turn into better people, whether you know it or not.

Jun 25, 2018 – Management

Dear "Setting the record straight" - Thank you so much for your kind words. We are definitely beaming after reading this review -- we hope you have found a company that deserves your amazing loyalty... More

"Wish I was still here :("

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Coast to Coast Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working here! Unfortunately, I had to relocate. I have never worked somewhere, where I was just excited about being around the culture. There is so much positivity in the office. It's like coming up for fresh air! The one on one training is awesome too. The best thing I loved about this company is that it forces you to hold yourself accountable. Which only make you a better person for not only business but for personal growth as well. Cody is a humble person to work for. Anytime I had a question about anything, he would sit down with me and answer any of my questions and teach me how to find my solution for next time. Alice is amazing too. She is super bubbly and professional. That's hard to find in the corporate world. Normally its someone who sounds like they don't want to be at work. It's not like that for her, you can tell she genuinely enjoys working there.

Cons

I don't have any cons. My advice is don't work here if you don't ask questions. Keep a student mentality, because there are willing to teach if you just ask.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work guys!

Jun 25, 2018 – Management

Thank you so much for your feedback! We pride ourselves in cultivating our team and making sure no one is just a face here! Thank you so much for your kind words and we hope you find the perfect fit... More

"Scam"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Coast to Coast Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, good people, decent products.

Cons

Pay structure, hours, management, minimal training, no benefits

Advice to Management

Get serious about developing employees.

Jun 21, 2018 – Management

Good afternoon "Scam". I hate to see you seem to have had a negative experience. However I don't believe it was with us. Your review states you worked for the company in San Francisco, Ca and we are... More

9. "“What a Great Time to be alive”"

I have been working at Coast to Coast Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For me, I feel like I have found my calling. I don’t dread coming to work like I have years before. Let’s face it, do you really enjoy what you do? Here at C2C, you will be welcomed as family. You will go through an extensive training course and it’s up to you, to how excited you want to be with your life. If you enjoy talking to people and it’s natural for you to have a conversation with someone, then that is a great quality to have. Come on over and get on board for a promising future. This is going to to be fun!

Cons

Come prepared to absorb a lot of valuable information in order to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The vibes are great! The atmosphere is exciting! Let’s rock the rest of 2018 out of this world, and let us all, enjoy this amazing ride to a success with no ceilings!!! You guys rock! Best job Ever!

"“Marketing”"

I worked at Coast to Coast Events full-time

Pros

They make all of their current employees write positive reviews online

Cons

And that’s why all of these 5 star reviews all basically say the same thing

Jun 20, 2018 – Management

Good afternoon "Marketing". We hate to see you disapprove of our company and team. We definitely DO NOT make any of our employees write 5 star reviews (which would be 100% against glassdoor's policy... More