Coastal Pacific Food Distributors Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Quality Manager in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Manager in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Coastal Pacific Food Distributors (Less than a year)

Pros

The products produced at this facility are really good. In both quality and taste.Very consistant

Cons

Management is not very dynamic and willing to take risks creating new and better products. High turnover rate among the workers.

Feb 26, 2016 – Corporate Director of HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback, but I believe you might have the wrong company page. We do not have a facility in Texas, nor do we make products. We are a distribution company.

2. "Order selector"

Former Employee - Order Selector in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Order Selector in Stockton, CA

I worked at Coastal Pacific Food Distributors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great incentives while picking. Friendly.

Cons

Back to back 12 hr days sometimes

Advice to Management

Listen to comments

Jul 13, 2016 – Corporate Director of HR

Thanks for leaving the feedback! Glad to hear that you enjoyed our incentive pay program for Order Selectors.

3. "Great company with good people and amazing leaders!"

I have been working at Coastal Pacific Food Distributors full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Feels like family
    Benefits & profit sharing
    Supports growth of talent from within

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

4. "Fair company with room for improvement"

Pros

The company does a lot of things right. Covering the majority of your health care benefits. Always looking for ways to expand the company's business without taking large risks. Small enough that most folks know everyone in their division, but large enough to fell comfortable an secure in your job. Upper Management has recently turned over and they are working to move the company ahead. They tend to be conservative in their decision making, but are moving forward a bit more.

Cons

Mid-sized company that is thinking more like a mom and pop shop. They can't seem to get out of their own way sometimes. Not enough advancement opportunity outside of the warehouses. Tend to overwork small teams rather than hire on additional people. No formal policies on training or education. Health Plans don't have FSA or HSA accounts so no way to offset the rising deductibles and co-pays. Disassociated Technology teams make it difficult to work in tandem. Most roles don't have other team members to work with making them single points of failure. Lack of a good internal communication system. Tend to relay on email and phone calls instead of using instant messaging and video conferencing. Lack of security policies do to not wanting to "rock the boat" or upset workers. Rather than having formal training to teach them about the changes.

Advice to Management

Consider a training department so that we can teach employees about changes rather than giving into them when they don't what to change. Consider investing in your people, folks want to learn and advance, giving them the opportunity to go back to school or take a formal training course gives them confidence and they bring back knowledge to help themselves and others. Consider setting up FSA/HSA accounts to supplement our health care packages. While I'm thankful for what you cover, having the ability to save a little from each of my paychecks to cover the rising co-pays and deductible payments would make it easier to budget. Consider hiring staff in the same location to work together as opposed to having them all over the country trying to connect remotely. Technology is your friend, but your technologist can only do so much without support and training. Technology changes all the time and isn't static. Educating or hiring staff with the knowledge is a key.

"Accounts Receivable Billing Clerk"

Pros

I worked for them for almost 16 years and for the most part they were a good company to work for and they had good benefits.

Cons

After being let go there after 16 years, I would no longer work there or tell anyone else to as i feel they are on the downhill slope and the managers will stab you in the back.

Advice to Management

Be loyal to your employees and don't hire people who will stab a good worker in the back and get them fired.

Feb 25, 2016 – Corporate Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review our company. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed working for CPFD for most of your 16 years with us. CPFD takes great pride in the... More

"NOT THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Coastal
    Current Employee - Coastal

Pros

FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE, weekends off, all Holidays off

Cons

Not pay competitive, not good to their hourly employee's , over paid management and not much room for advancement

Advice to Management

Look up what the word LEADER means and act like one.

Feb 25, 2016 – Corporate Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review our company. It’s great to hear that you enjoy the scheduling benefits that CPFD provides. We strive to effectively balance our business... More

"Good mission, needs to grow."

I have been working at Coastal Pacific Food Distributors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mission of the company is a good one. They pay 90+% of your health benefits. They seem to be very flexible for hours of salaried employees. They are a mom&pop type outfit and seem to care about their employees. They have a very flat management structure and org chart.

Cons

Technology wise, they are stuck in the stone age, and trying to pull them forward is like pulling teeth. The health coverage sucks. They are heavily leveraged against military contracts and thus are effected but DOD cuts and policies. They seem to pick a choose favorites to provide training. They lack real open communication.

Advice to Management

Start providing training and quit coddling older employees. Realize that you need to embrace technology and start acting like the mid sized company you are.