Cobb Theatres Floor Staff Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Floor Staff

Create your profile to get personalized information

Cobb Theatres Floor Staff Reviews

Updated Oct 16, 2019

1.2
Cobb Theatres President, CEO Robert M. Cobb (no image)
Robert M. Cobb
  1. "concession/boxoffice/usher"

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Cobb Theatres part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a fun job in a great atmosphere. All the free popcorn and drinks you wish along with free movies for you and one friend and possibly mods with vouchers.(Only with a voucher on good behavior) You get access to free movie posters and will work around your schedule . It's so cute to see little ones so exited about coming to the movies.

Cons

A 25 cent raise yearly but they will find ANY excuse possible to cut your raise. (For example I wore the wrong shoes once and they cut my raise 15 cents even though I didn't get wrote up on that defence ) but have NO PROBLEM charging 5 dollars for bottled water. Only one person owns all 16 locations. Let that sink in. Also you get graded one EVERYTHING even how you smile. If they don't like you, they will find a reason to get rid of you.

Advice to Management

Management should be on the same page about topics. And if a manager writes an employee up, it shouldn't be another manager making you sign a copy of the report . (9 times out of 10 the other manager giving you the report will not have a clue as to the situation behind your write up)

Cobb Theatres2016-04-25
  2. "Cobb theaters is absolute hell"

Current Employee - Floor Staff in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Cobb Theatres part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free movies, drinks, and popcorn.

Cons

The management, the pay, the hours, the favoritism.

Advice to Management

The managers treat their employees like absolute garbage. We’re told were their #1 priority but all they really care about is money. Instead of telling you how you could improve your work they talk to you like you’re the dumbest person they’ve ever met. They take away the free movie privileges at the drop of a hat and make you feel like trash. If you even try to change your availability at all they get mad. Everyone about this place is awful. I’m depressed because of the way I’ve been treated at this dump luckily I’m quitting soon. Oh yeah and they also let us use extremely toxic chemicals at first we weren’t allowed to use them when there were customers in the aisle but then they would just yell at you for not cleaning the counter even when customers were there. All the managers see when the look at the “guests” as they like to call them is wallets with legs they even tell us ways to manipulate people into buying more stuff.

Cobb Theatres2019-10-17
  3. "Fun, but you have to put the work in to see results."

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Cobb Theatres full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free movies Flexible schedule Supervisors are cool Jobs aren't to difficult

Cons

Management Co-workers with seniority Rumors about other people Clean Concessions

Advice to Management

Don't be an a-hole

Cobb Theatres2014-02-25
  4. "Fun but poor pay"

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Virginia

I worked at Cobb Theatres part-time for more than a year

Pros

The free movies were always nice and I had a group of very nice coworkers. Some managers were also really nice and cared about employees.

Cons

The pay is terrible! I worked at Cobb for over a year and when I asked for a raise my manager reluctantly gave me a self evaluation to see how high of a raise I would get. After filling this out I could see that I was supposed to get a 20 cent raise and my manager said he would take care of it. 3 months later and my pay stub still showed that the manager had never given me the raise. I was a very hard working employee who worked there for over a year and they couldn't even give me 20 more cents???? Another problem I saw with Cobb was that some people who were promoted to higher positions truly didn't deserve the promotion. I specifically remember having to practically retrain someone who had just been promoted to a supervisor in the ticket sales area. Employees should actually EARN their promotions and not just be given them because they clean the popper kettle well once.

Advice to Management

If the pay wasn't so terrible you wouldn't have employees constantly quitting! Also the supervisors should be trained as supervisors because many have no leadership skills and aren't good supervisors.

Cobb Theatres2014-08-11