Cobb Theatres Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Cobb Theatres Supervisor Reviews

Updated Mar 7, 2019

1.8
Cobb Theatres President, CEO Robert M. Cobb (no image)
Robert M. Cobb
1 Rating
  1. "Fun coworkers and decent management"

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Cobb Theatres part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun coworkers made boring day bearable

Cons

Management could be a little hit or miss

Cobb Theatres2019-03-07

"Management is a mess"

Former Employee - Senior Shift Supervisor in West Chester, OH

I worked at Cobb Theatres part-time for less than a year

Pros

WAS the best place to work. Easy job, flexible hours, nice coworkers, lots of growth opertunities if you work hard. WAS just a fantastic place.

Cons

Worked there for 8 months, never had steady management, company got bought out and that’s when it REALLY hit the fan. Rules changed without employees knowing, lots of write ups because of it. Management started treating people like a number instead of a employee. Wouldn’t let me take days off to go to my grandmas funeral because it happened when star wars came out. I got written up because I had a mental breakdown during my shift as I didn’t get to have time off to grieve. Gave my personal information to a STRANGER who was a guest.

Advice to Management

If 23 people (half of the employees that work there) put in their two weeks within the same week in NOT just teens having poor work ethic. It’s management doing a crap job. Also don’t give out personal information to strangers just because you’re mad that half of your employees are quitting during the busiest time of the year.

Cobb Theatres2018-07-16
  3. "Nice Place for a First Job"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Cobb Theatres part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get a lot of experience with customer service, and they are very generous with giving hours. There are opportunities for advancement within the workplace. Additionally, the 50% discount for kitchen items is nice.

Cons

The pay is far too low compared to what is demanded of the staff. The pay is also unequal between staff members, even though others have more of a seniority. We also, minors especially, do not receive the legal amount of breaks.

Advice to Management

Be more empathetic about staff's working conditions (breaks, weekly schedules etc.) There should be more structure for training and coaching new hires.

Cobb Theatres2016-01-27