Cobec Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "I love Cobec!"

Current Employee - Office Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Office Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work culture at Cobec is very unique and close knit. Employees all support each other as a team because they understand that one person's achievements means a success for everyone. The employees at Cobec love to have fun and management genuinely wants each person to enjoy what they do. There are extremely open channels of communication between upper management and employees, making management very aware of everyone's needs.

Cons

None! Cobec is an amazing company to work for.

2. "Working at Cobec is a privilege! Employees are happy because they are treated so well."

I have been working at Cobec Consulting part-time

Pros

Cobec is an amazing company that always puts the employees and the customer first. They are extremely flexible in allowing a work/life balance that fits your needs. Benefits are awesome and the partners listen to employees. We are also doing something fun and it's actually a pleasure to go to work!

Cons

The commute into DC from the suburbs is a pain. Luckily they are flexible with work from home.

3. "An Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cobec has created a family-like environment where hard work and new ideas are truly appreciated. Leadership empowers employees across the firm and everyone provides top-notch support to clients and each other. Cobec has a very flexible working environment and great benefits including team building events, gifts, and family activities. I have worked for a variety of public and private organizations and none comes close to Cobec!

Cons

It’s refreshing that Cobec hires for the long term, not just for a contract. The only downside for me is that I didn’t make the move to Cobec sooner.

Advice to Management

Leadership continues to impress me with their transparency and inclusiveness. Every time I think working at Cobec can’t get any better, it does!! Expanding the client base in a well-planned manner will provide a lot of room for growth. Keep up the great job!

May 18, 2018 – CEO

What a great review with such amazing feedback! Thank you! We work really hard to create a positive and rewarding place to work. If you ever feel we can do something better, please let me know!

4. "A Washingtonian Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cobec truly is a great place to work. Management encourages employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. The folks here are all talented and work cooperatively to meet our deliverables. Management encourages active participation in professional organizations and pays for certifications. Cobec is also socially conscience and supports Hurricane Relief, Hunger and other causes. At the end of the day, folks don't rush home. Many of the folks stick around and socialize together.

Cons

Right now we have one primary customer, with multiple contracts. Management is working hard to win new contracts with other agencies.

May 18, 2018 – CEO

Everyone deserves a work/life balance - Thank you for recognizing that we actually believe in it! We recently won a prime contract with NASA - a step in the right direction for diversification!

5. "A terrific company with a chance to be even more"

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, and being treated like an adult. Management gives a lot of work flexibility - manage your work and client, and be a good teammate, and management does not impose much bureaucracy on their own. In that way Cobec is the best place I have ever worked at. Also, given the industry - the firm is unusually collegial.

Cons

The company is rapidly growing - and so there is some tension between practices and communication which worked with a 20 person company with mostly local folks and what works with a 60 person firm with employees living across the country.

May 18, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback and being a loyal team member!

6. "Corporate Operations Associate"

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Cobec for a little over a month and I must say that it is a company that cares about its people. I was warmly welcomed before I officially started, and that says a lot about the company's culture. In January, Cobec paid for their employees and family members to enjoy Wintergreen Resorts in Rosedale, VA. I don't hear too often about company's investing in their employees the way Cobec does. They've created a family environment, which leads to greater productivity for the company.

Cons

There are no cons.

May 18, 2018

People are Cobec's most important asset. We are happy to invest in our most valuable resources. Wintergreen has been one of my favorite ways to show our gratitude. Thanks for taking the time to... More

7. "Believe the hype"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ideas abound, and Cobec's management welcomes energetic, enthusiastic employees that will take these ideas and run with them. Cobec works hard at creating an entrepreneurial and fun culture while maintaining focus on the satisfaction of its clients. The company strives to hire employees for the long run, not just the latest contract win, and despite the company's size, it strives to provide many opportunities for growth, learning, and advancement.

Cons

Not really, other than perhaps the same challenges any consulting company faces, esp. in government (e.g., budget cuts, competitive contracting landscape). But these are mostly external factors.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Jun 1, 2017 – CEO

So much of our company is our employees. We will continue to do our best to give them what they need. This is what brings out their best! Work/Family balance is a cornerstone belief for us at Cobec... More

8. "A Home Run Career Move!"

Current Employee - Chief Technical Advisor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Chief Technical Advisor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After 22 years of Government service, including 10 years as a Senior Executive Leader, I found myself wanting to get back to my passion of conducting cost and program analysis. Cobec was the answer:
    - An energetic team
    - Great diversity in skills and expertise
    - Challenging work with lots of opportunities to learn
    - Work-Life balance and Work-place flexibility that can’t be beat
    - Employee Recognition that is off the charts – it’s a family for sure

Cons

Should have made the move to Cobec sooner!

Jun 1, 2017 – CEO

To have this type of feedback from someone with the experience listed is unmeasurable. It is so greatly appreciated!

9. "Truly a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Entrepreneurial culture
    - Growing portfolio of clients and work
    - Leadership dedicated to the philosophy that employees are the most important asset
    - Autonomy to create unique solutions and drive your career
    - Environment that embraces diversity of staff and skills
    - Industry-leading benefits that aren't getting scaled back like other consulting firms

Cons

None, as the awards are well-deserved

Jun 12, 2017 – CEO

Thank you so very much for your comments. The awards we receive as a company are directly attributed to our employees! Without all of you we would not be the company we are today!

10. "Growing Innovative Consulting Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compared to its peers, Cobec is innovative, intellectual, and a leader in the development of cost estimating, schedule development, and benefits analyses.
    - A place for opportunity, personal growth, and development
    - Innovative ideas are appreciated, recognized, and often developed.
    - A familial culture of camaraderie, teamwork, and fun
    - Cobec consultants work hard and play hard.
    - Individual recognition for hard work and contributions

Cons

Cobec is a destination company, not a stop-over for other career goals. Not a destination for job hoppers.

Jun 12, 2017 – CEO

Love to hear when our employees have a long-term goal of staying with us. This helps us to know we are headed in the right direction! Thank you very much for your feedback!