Cobec Consulting Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2019

4.7
Cobec Consulting President Michael G. Paul II
Michael G. Paul II
  1. "A Home Run Career Move!"

Current Employee - Chief Technical Advisor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

After 22 years of Government service, including 10 years as a Senior Executive Leader, I found myself wanting to get back to my passion of conducting cost and program analysis. Cobec was the answer: - An energetic team - Great diversity in skills and expertise - Challenging work with lots of opportunities to learn - Work-Life balance and Work-place flexibility that can’t be beat - Employee Recognition that is off the charts – it’s a family for sure

Cons

Should have made the move to Cobec sooner!

Cobec Consulting2017-05-21

June 1, 2017CEO

To have this type of feedback from someone with the experience listed is unmeasurable. It is so greatly appreciated!

2. "Truly a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Entrepreneurial culture - Growing portfolio of clients and work - Leadership dedicated to the philosophy that employees are the most important asset - Autonomy to create unique solutions and drive your career - Environment that embraces diversity of staff and skills - Industry-leading benefits that aren't getting scaled back like other consulting firms

Cons

None, as the awards are well-deserved

Cobec Consulting2017-05-19

June 12, 2017CEO

Thank you so very much for your comments. The awards we receive as a company are directly attributed to our employees! Without all of you we would not be the company we are today!

3. "Employer of Choice!"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great overall flexibility (company embraces doctors appointments, family functions, staying home if your sick, work from home Fridays and other personal appointments) - Great pay - Great benefits - Cobec encourages interpersonal relationships between management and their employees - Tons of team building and social activities (Nats games, ski trip, offsite fun, company picnic and many others) Cobec pushes you to step outside of your comfort zone. This fast paced environment empowers managers to develop and improve the talent of their employees. If you enjoy learning new things and pushing your own capabilities, then this is the company for you!

Cons

None that I can think of at this time!

Cobec Consulting2017-03-13

June 12, 2017CEO

Great benefits for our employees are a priority at Cobec. Great to hear that it is being noticed and mentioned! If at anytime you do come across a "Con", please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss.

4. "Growing Innovative Consulting Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compared to its peers, Cobec is innovative, intellectual, and a leader in the development of cost estimating, schedule development, and benefits analyses. - A place for opportunity, personal growth, and development - Innovative ideas are appreciated, recognized, and often developed. - A familial culture of camaraderie, teamwork, and fun - Cobec consultants work hard and play hard. - Individual recognition for hard work and contributions

Cons

Cobec is a destination company, not a stop-over for other career goals. Not a destination for job hoppers.

Cobec Consulting2017-03-13

June 12, 2017CEO

Love to hear when our employees have a long-term goal of staying with us. This helps us to know we are headed in the right direction! Thank you very much for your feedback!

5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have a very flexible working environment. There is a great benefits package. The corporate culture is very friendly and welcoming. The company is performing strong and growing steadily.

Cons

Sometimes projects tend to get a little unorganized or change abruptly.

Cobec Consulting2017-03-09

June 12, 2017CEO

Thank you for your feedback! We are always happy to hear the culture at Cobec is what our employees enjoy, but the work is just as important. If you find at anytime a project could be handled better or you have concerns about its direction please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We want to keep improving all aspects of the company with your help!

6. "Great People, Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Caring and professional team that also enjoys having fun. Excellent opportunities and great benefits package make Cobec an fantastic place to work. High retention rate.

Cons

Finding the right employees with the skills required can be a challenge.

Cobec Consulting2017-01-23

June 1, 2017CEO

It pleases me to no end the continue to get great 5 Star reviews. But even more so I appreciate the Advice to Management. Communication is always a tough thing to get right for each and every situation, but please know we will continue to work to do better!

7. "Flexible place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexibility (hours, teleworking, etc.) - Salary - Great co-workers (nice and diverse!) - Small growing company working with large government agency (multiple contracts)

Cons

- Lots of meetings! Government employees love to meet.

Cobec Consulting2017-01-19
  8. "Great place to work"

Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cobec Consulting for more than 3 years

Pros

Cobec is a small company doing big things. You really feel that management's top goal is to keep the balance even between 1) being a small firm knowing and looking after its employees and 2) being a top tier government consultant doing what needs to be done for its clients. While I am scoring all ratings 5 stars, I wish I could give the Work/Life Balance a 6th. The company has been great in this aspect.

Cons

While no company can be perfect for all employees all the time, having worked at both large and small firms before, I personally have no complaints. I have never been happier at a firm.

Cobec Consulting2016-08-12

July 2, 2017CEO

It is great to hear this feedback from someone with different experiences. I am very pleased to know we are doing good things here at Cobec!

9. "Company really cares about employees and provides flexible work schedule."

I have been working at Cobec Consulting

Pros

Great people and flexible schedule.

Cons

Work can get monotonous at times.

Cobec Consulting2014-06-01

July 2, 2017CEO

Thank you for being our first review! Caring for our employees has always been and will always be a priority.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 19 reviews