Cobec Consulting Reviews

Cobec Consulting Chief Executive Officer  Michael G. Paul II
Michael G. Paul II
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A good company that is unfortunately made up of a few bad eggs.

Oct 4, 2019 - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work/life balance and Good CEO

Cons

Personal preference by some individuals on promoting and hiring rather than on merit and expertise respectively

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Expertise / Competence, job performance, and a candidate's alignment with Cobec's values are some of the primary factors for which we base promotions on. Not receiving a promotion is much more likely due to those factors than personal preference.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work/life balance

Mar 13, 2019 - Principal Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some companies say they promote a healthy work/life balance but they don't. Cobec is a rarity in that they truly believe it and encourage it. Cobec is a small company that empowers employees and trusts them to do their jobs. Although the government shutdown hurt the company financially, Cobec survived and NOBODY was asked to leave. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Very reliant on FAA for work, but management is making strides to expand the business base.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Working at Cobec is a privilege! Employees are happy because they are treated so well.

Aug 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cobec is an amazing company that always puts the employees and the customer first. They are extremely flexible in allowing a work/life balance that fits your needs. Benefits are awesome and the partners listen to employees. We are also doing something fun and it's actually a pleasure to go to work!

Cons

The commute into DC from the suburbs is a pain. Luckily they are flexible with work from home.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

We are priviledged to have you part of the team! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Rated Best Place to Work

Feb 1, 2019 - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, work-life balance, benefits, culture, challenging work

Cons

Hard to move past senior consultant level

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Better defined career paths / ladder - we're on it! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

5. 5.0

I love Cobec!

Aug 30, 2018 - Office Associate in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work culture at Cobec is very unique and close knit. Employees all support each other as a team because they understand that one person's achievements means a success for everyone. The employees at Cobec love to have fun and management genuinely wants each person to enjoy what they do. There are extremely open channels of communication between upper management and employees, making management very aware of everyone's needs.

Cons

None! Cobec is an amazing company to work for.

We love you too!

6. 5.0

An Awesome Place to Work

Apr 13, 2018 - Principal Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cobec has created a family-like environment where hard work and new ideas are truly appreciated. Leadership empowers employees across the firm and everyone provides top-notch support to clients and each other. Cobec has a very flexible working environment and great benefits including team building events, gifts, and family activities. I have worked for a variety of public and private organizations and none comes close to Cobec!

Cons

It’s refreshing that Cobec hires for the long term, not just for a contract. The only downside for me is that I didn’t make the move to Cobec sooner.

CEO

What a great review with such amazing feedback! Thank you! We work really hard to create a positive and rewarding place to work. If you ever feel we can do something better, please let me know!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Aug 12, 2016 - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cobec is a small company doing big things. You really feel that management's top goal is to keep the balance even between 1) being a small firm knowing and looking after its employees and 2) being a top tier government consultant doing what needs to be done for its clients. While I am scoring all ratings 5 stars, I wish I could give the Work/Life Balance a 6th. The company has been great in this aspect.

Cons

While no company can be perfect for all employees all the time, having worked at both large and small firms before, I personally have no complaints. I have never been happier at a firm.

CEO

It is great to hear this feedback from someone with different experiences. I am very pleased to know we are doing good things here at Cobec!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A terrific company with a chance to be even more

Feb 21, 2018 - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, and being treated like an adult. Management gives a lot of work flexibility - manage your work and client, and be a good teammate, and management does not impose much bureaucracy on their own. In that way Cobec is the best place I have ever worked at. Also, given the industry - the firm is unusually collegial.

Cons

The company is rapidly growing - and so there is some tension between practices and communication which worked with a 20 person company with mostly local folks and what works with a 60 person firm with employees living across the country.

CEO

Thank you for the feedback and being a loyal team member!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Employer of Choice!

Mar 13, 2017 - Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great overall flexibility (company embraces doctors appointments, family functions, staying home if your sick, work from home Fridays and other personal appointments) - Great pay - Great benefits - Cobec encourages interpersonal relationships between management and their employees - Tons of team building and social activities (Nats games, ski trip, offsite fun, company picnic and many others) Cobec pushes you to step outside of your comfort zone. This fast paced environment empowers managers to develop and improve the talent of their employees. If you enjoy learning new things and pushing your own capabilities, then this is the company for you!

Cons

None that I can think of at this time!

CEO

Great benefits for our employees are a priority at Cobec. Great to hear that it is being noticed and mentioned! If at anytime you do come across a "Con", please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Believe the hype

May 22, 2017 - Director in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ideas abound, and Cobec's management welcomes energetic, enthusiastic employees that will take these ideas and run with them. Cobec works hard at creating an entrepreneurial and fun culture while maintaining focus on the satisfaction of its clients. The company strives to hire employees for the long run, not just the latest contract win, and despite the company's size, it strives to provide many opportunities for growth, learning, and advancement.

Cons

Not really, other than perhaps the same challenges any consulting company faces, esp. in government (e.g., budget cuts, competitive contracting landscape). But these are mostly external factors.

CEO

So much of our company is our employees. We will continue to do our best to give them what they need. This is what brings out their best! Work/Family balance is a cornerstone belief for us at Cobec. It's great to hear appreciative comments - thank you!

Viewing 11 - 20 of 30 Reviews