Cobec Consulting Reviews

Updated Mar 22, 2021

4.9
Cobec Consulting Chief Executive Officer  Michael G. Paul II
Michael G. Paul II

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Washingtonian Great Place to Work

Feb 22, 2018 - Principal Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cobec truly is a great place to work. Management encourages employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. The folks here are all talented and work cooperatively to meet our deliverables. Management encourages active participation in professional organizations and pays for certifications. Cobec is also socially conscience and supports Hurricane Relief, Hunger and other causes. At the end of the day, folks don't rush home. Many of the folks stick around and socialize together.

Cons

Right now we have one primary customer, with multiple contracts. Management is working hard to win new contracts with other agencies.

CEO

Everyone deserves a work/life balance - Thank you for recognizing that we actually believe in it! We recently won a prime contract with NASA - a step in the right direction for diversification!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing Innovative Consulting Company

Mar 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compared to its peers, Cobec is innovative, intellectual, and a leader in the development of cost estimating, schedule development, and benefits analyses. - A place for opportunity, personal growth, and development - Innovative ideas are appreciated, recognized, and often developed. - A familial culture of camaraderie, teamwork, and fun - Cobec consultants work hard and play hard. - Individual recognition for hard work and contributions

Cons

Cobec is a destination company, not a stop-over for other career goals. Not a destination for job hoppers.

CEO

Love to hear when our employees have a long-term goal of staying with us. This helps us to know we are headed in the right direction! Thank you very much for your feedback!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Home Run Career Move!

May 21, 2017 - Chief Technical Advisor in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

After 22 years of Government service, including 10 years as a Senior Executive Leader, I found myself wanting to get back to my passion of conducting cost and program analysis. Cobec was the answer: - An energetic team - Great diversity in skills and expertise - Challenging work with lots of opportunities to learn - Work-Life balance and Work-place flexibility that can’t be beat - Employee Recognition that is off the charts – it’s a family for sure

Cons

Should have made the move to Cobec sooner!

CEO

To have this type of feedback from someone with the experience listed is unmeasurable. It is so greatly appreciated!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great People, Wonderful Place to Work

Jan 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Caring and professional team that also enjoys having fun. Excellent opportunities and great benefits package make Cobec an fantastic place to work. High retention rate.

Cons

Finding the right employees with the skills required can be a challenge.

CEO

It pleases me to no end the continue to get great 5 Star reviews. But even more so I appreciate the Advice to Management. Communication is always a tough thing to get right for each and every situation, but please know we will continue to work to do better!

5. 5.0

Truly a Great Place to Work

May 19, 2017 - Director in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Entrepreneurial culture - Growing portfolio of clients and work - Leadership dedicated to the philosophy that employees are the most important asset - Autonomy to create unique solutions and drive your career - Environment that embraces diversity of staff and skills - Industry-leading benefits that aren't getting scaled back like other consulting firms

Cons

None, as the awards are well-deserved

CEO

Thank you so very much for your comments. The awards we receive as a company are directly attributed to our employees! Without all of you we would not be the company we are today!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Mar 9, 2017 - Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a very flexible working environment. There is a great benefits package. The corporate culture is very friendly and welcoming. The company is performing strong and growing steadily.

Cons

Sometimes projects tend to get a little unorganized or change abruptly.

CEO

Thank you for your feedback! We are always happy to hear the culture at Cobec is what our employees enjoy, but the work is just as important. If you find at anytime a project could be handled better or you have concerns about its direction please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We want to keep improving all aspects of the company with your help!

7. 5.0

Flexible place to work!

Jan 19, 2017 - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexibility (hours, teleworking, etc.) - Salary - Great co-workers (nice and diverse!) - Small growing company working with large government agency (multiple contracts)

Cons

- Lots of meetings! Government employees love to meet.

8. 4.0

Corporate Operations Associate

Feb 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Cobec for a little over a month and I must say that it is a company that cares about its people. I was warmly welcomed before I officially started, and that says a lot about the company's culture. In January, Cobec paid for their employees and family members to enjoy Wintergreen Resorts in Rosedale, VA. I don't hear too often about company's investing in their employees the way Cobec does. They've created a family environment, which leads to greater productivity for the company.

Cons

There are no cons.

Cobec Consulting Response

People are Cobec's most important asset. We are happy to invest in our most valuable resources. Wintergreen has been one of my favorite ways to show our gratitude. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! Let us know how we can earn that last star!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company really cares about employees and provides flexible work schedule.

Jun 1, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and flexible schedule.

Cons

Work can get monotonous at times.

CEO

Thank you for being our first review! Caring for our employees has always been and will always be a priority.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

great job

Oct 24, 2020 - Purchasing Assistant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly and helpful, great experience learned

Cons

none really great place to work

CEO

Thanks for sharing but I have a feeling you meant to review Cobec Engineering (https://www.cobeceng.com). By looking at the website and all the awards, including CSR and sustainability activities, Cobec Engineering also appears to be a great company! Cheers from the other side of the Atlantic!

Viewing 21 - 30 of 30 Reviews